1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking to build a list of Directories that only have unique content

Discussion in 'Directories' started by ! Ask !, Feb 20, 2007.

1. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This debate really going hot.:rolleyes:

xc06, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  2. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    aint that the truth, ! 0abc !

am i right? am i right?? am i right???

What do I win?

an0n, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  3. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    I also think you directory is garbage, full of empty categories and stuffed listings titles, now is getting better after you removed all the yahoo ads, that made it look like a MFA site.

What I always said is PR as a benchmark is useless, having related deep links is important.

You also have the reputation of being arrogant and bad education, and treating people like garbage.

LOLOLOL You make me laugh that part is God..

! Ask !, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  4. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    BTW this debate doesn’t improve the DP user experience, If you still want to go on why don’t we continue this by PM.

! Ask !, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  5. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    idk if what you say is so true Ask

Directorydump is a peice of trash .. ? really ??

listed in DMOZ, higher PR ....

what exactly does your site have which alive / aviva / v7n / botw does not have ?

i think you are no where close there ... and will never get in 100 yrs ...

talking about an0n - uneducated ??

i dont think so... he's right in this case and you just sound like a pi**ed of rapper who never made it. You are jealous thats all.

Still i am wondering someone gave me red reputation on this thread saying

Sure Joke, you pass copyscape...

u didn't say the site have to pass the inner pages ... and the only way it'll pass .. is if you have different descriptions ...

i mean some of the way copyscape said i copied was that i had the same site description .. duh thats their meta description .. and they submitted using that.

but get to the point ... stop this nonsense right here because there is no point to it, and the way you are describing quality, i say good luck finding a site which is not yours.

smub, Feb 21, 2007 IP
    ! Ask ! and an0n like this.
  6. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In case you failed to realize, dump was NOT open, and was a showcase site. ooops

AFTER you didn't get what you thought you would in terms of PR, by actually spamming your so called 'deep linked categories'

Oh god, the hypocrisy in this remark of yours alone is more that enough to showcase ignorance on an epic scale.

I have a reputation for 'calling a spade a spade', as so well put by Jeff of Aviva.

Bad education; I have absolutely no idea what that's referring to or coming from, but if bad education has gotten me to where I am to this day, then more power to me, because i don['t want to be edumacated.

Speaking of 'education' was that suppose to be 'good' or 'god'

Try and not knock education while at the same time failing to construct a comprehensive sentence with correct spelllllling. It makes you look, well, ummmm unedumacated

an0n, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  7. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is no need for a PM related debate, and If you READ the TOP post back on page 7 in the thread(only 1 single page away), I politely said I would have no problems in dropping it, but you somehow managed to feel compelled to responded and bring it up again, and of course, it blows up in your face again.

So you can let it now. I know I have nothing to hide, but i know a hell of a lot of directory owners in FACT do, and that includes you too.

Carry on with the thread... and again, take the suggestive input given to you and do your own work instead of relying on others to provide a list. make something EVERYONE can use, and not something that pertains to your directory only.

an0n, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  8. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Well with “bad education” I was referring to rudeness, insolence etc.
    Sorry about the English errors, it’s quite late here 5AM and been working for more than 16 hours now, also English is no my mother tong and only one of the 6 languages I speak and write, so sometimes i get mixed up.

I find it interesting you arose suspicion over all directory owners besides you; I must admit I am curious on what I have to hide. You probably also have same dark secrets and a lot of skeletons ready to get out of the closet, but that could be left to other occasion.

I was trying to get input from others but the last 6 pages are only been filled with crazy posts and attacks, this thread is completely wasted.

I will ask a moderator just to close it...

! Ask !, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  9. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    words to kill, words to live.

misunderstanding and miscommunication are inevitable. But if we try to be honest, I think we can reduce the % to fail backing up what we say.

Whatever ask intended in this thread, I think we should just forget it. Can we be nice to each other at least even if its impossible to get along with each other? I actually thought most of you were in the same circle.

coolsitez, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  10. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
  11. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest with you !Ask! it took only time to see the real intentions you had. By re-reading all the post you can definetely see your objective within you. I am not making this up. You did.

Post Number 1
    - www.goguides.org
    - www.joeant.com
    - dir.yahoo.com
    - www.botw.org
    - Ask-dir.com
    A Complete List

I have seen many post regarding invitations about directories and never did I see such a thing. In your first post you were being selective. An organized person such as yourself, in which you ought and claim to be, should have researched more. Look up there and let me know if that is the best thing to do and without mal intentions. There is an abundant list of sites to be included but chose not to and yet you talk about Aviva, Alive, Sevenseek, V7N etc. Then when the cookie starts crumbling you spoke of its suppose inclusion in DMOZ but then again you say you never care. You said you are 100% Unique but know nothing of its definition as also said in this thread since I asked you about Vegabonds Template and about template base foundation. You said you don't Lie and Cheat and yet I showed you evidence that I provided and other posters have proven it. Post No.24 your downgrading others peoples hard work. I was not planning to pass up this thread because of your Inability to explain the true intentions and objectivity. I explained your Lying Here. You have to fully explain what exactly you want. I can point out to you ethics all along. We could go on and on with this but you know yourself that I was right about someones attainment yet jealousy beholds and you just simplified it with a topic of Uniqueness and Originality. That's not a good thing to do !Ask! Even profiling another directory owner whether qualified or not. Let us be the judge of our goal and attainment.

My conclusion is your already almost there at one of the respected ones you have WON a very interesting contest. Don't waste it. I already know how strong your directory is. As small directory owners we have a long way to go and we are building as honestly as we can to the extent of providing time and money. Help us instead, like the other BIG directory owners do, but don't bury us in shit just to announce how good you are and unique and to the extent of profiling us. We can help each other.

Thanks and Good Luck to You.

popotalk, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  12. dugu

dugu Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are wrong poptalk. They will never help you, the big ones. Why would they do that? All the competitions they make, they or their friends win. You can't get into their circle, cause this is about money, not about fellings. Want my personal opinion? The big directories ALWAYS copy each other. There is nothing unique in having a big collection of links and a big PR.
    Best regards,
    Dugu.

dugu, Feb 22, 2007 IP
    iceberg likes this.
  13. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:

you are wrong ... the big people like aviva and alive do help you. They are the one who submit featured in your directory help it survive in its early days .... and i have talked to 3 of the big owners

John Scott, Jeff, Chris

all of them are very nice guys, and are good to get the advice from. When i need them they are there for me. I am a newbie (and i agree that) compared to these people, so i always ask them when i am confused and always get an answer which helps me be successful.

So Dugu i think you are wrong about that and popotalk is right.

smub, Feb 22, 2007 IP
    JohnScott likes this.
  14. mistermix

mistermix Active Member

Best Answers:
    I rewrite all the descriptions for sites that are accepted into Best Directories. I just need to rewrite the sites that were already listed when I bought the directory.

Unique content helps alot with getting traffic from google.

mistermix, Feb 22, 2007 IP
    ! Ask ! likes this.
  15. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to see others share my point of view, I will add your site to a niche sub-section of he list, thanks.

! Ask !, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  16. dugu

dugu Active Member

Best Answers:
    :))
    this guy is really funny.
    How have they helped you? By giving you 3$ month per sitewide? LOL. I have almost fallen of the chair.

dugu, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  17. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $3 is like a days work in some part of the countries.

wwws, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  18. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $3 / month ...

let me ask you something. How much do you charge for ur PR 0 ??

oo hold on let me wait .. Nobody wants to buy a link .... thats right..

so if i am right with the math 3 > 0 ... unless you live in a world where 0 is better.

also if u can find $3 / free phpLD template sponsor .. i really want those people so obviously they give you what the value of the template is...

now i dont know what you got against them, but looking at your replies it seems like you are one of the haters out here ....

and if you got some buyers who pay $100 / month for a sitewide link on a PR 0 ... contact me ... i'll give you 50% comission. I mean who don't want profit right.

smub, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  19. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do not take it as a joke! US$3 per month is enough to get 01 sitewide link from a PR4 directory! Not everyone is as rich as you! :rolleyes:

Howmany featured listing you bought from a newly released directory in the last few months? Probably zero (0) :eek: While you are not bying anything I do not think you should be making fun of it. Just shut up! :cool:

maldives, Feb 22, 2007 IP
    amitpatel_3001 likes this.
  20. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'll give him $3.month Sitewirde link on my PR3 directory ( but only for 2 month:D till PR update-after the update it will increase 10fold:D )

jhnrang, Feb 22, 2007 IP