1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My $5000/mo Goal With ClickBank & Arbitrage

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by scottmweaver, Jan 13, 2007.

1. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow this looks great but this topic is very confusing...ahhh help me clarify...

are you building click bank websites that you find a product you like and basicly build the site around it and then promote it ?? or what exactly are you doing?

killafawk, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  2. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's pretty much the gist of what some people do.

scottmweaver, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  3. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys! Just an update.

I had a GREAT day today, ending out with $148.34 on ClickBank and $4.00 on AdSense for a total of $152.34!

I'm getting much closer to my $200 goal. Hopefully I'll surpass it within the next few days. I'll definitely keep you updated!

As for the process, I've definitely detected a pattern in my sales that I will attempt to replicate as part of a research project that I will publish later on. Hopefully this will help determine the "winning strategy" to ClickBank. Or.. not? :) Either way, we'll see.

For now, I'm focusing on that $200 goal.

scottmweaver, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  4. Nikolas

Nikolas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats Scott!

This thread is really good, both as information for those who want to try, and those who need some extra motivation.

I have one question. Is there any good example/tutorial regarding landing pages? I am not sure what is the key regarding landing pages, and I would like to try this out (in my affiliate experiments I was sending traffic directly to the merchant's site)

Nikolas, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  5. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, Nikolas! I dig the thread as well.

If I were you, I'd just go to google and look up 'landing pages.' That's bound to yield more results than peeps just telling you. :)

I am now convinced, more than ever, that landing pages are the way to go. I'm sure someone will correct me on this, but I believe it. I've made a lot of sales with direct links but I broke about even with the amount I had to pay to get the sales, so in the end they were less lucrative!

Just my two cents.

carl_in_florida likes this.
  6. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    heya scott sent ya a pm. congrats btw

killafawk, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  7. RussReynolds

RussReynolds Peon

Best Answers:
    Scott...congratulations on your success. It would be helpful to me if you posted how much of your big days like this were profit?

RussReynolds, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  8. kokopoko

kokopoko Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you still using PPC to drive those sales? So how much of that is profit then?

Christine

kokopoko, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  9. carl_in_florida

carl_in_florida Active Member

Best Answers:
    I LOVE MySpace. It has made me several thousand dollars in just the last couple months.

Just want to say thanks for this thread. I am trying to learn the affiliate thing and these are helpful.

Green to you sir!

carl_in_florida, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  10. kokopoko

kokopoko Active Member

Best Answers:
    How are you using myspace? I've used it to get backlinks. Whenever I try to sell something I get the account deleted.

Christine

kokopoko, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  11. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! Sure, no problem.

Since I'm also trying to start other campaigns up at the same time, my profit was around $80 (52% profit).

Later on, when I remove what doesn't work, this margin will obviously increase. But for now, that's where it's at. But I don't care, as long as the overall sales number goes up. :D

12. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Care to give us any pointers on how you might be making a killing on myspace? :D

13. mistergin

mistergin Peon

Best Answers:

This is the second time I think you mentioned opt-ins so far and I'm curious, where are you getting their email address? On a form on your landing page asking for it? And if so, is the form field relevent to the merchant or do you just submit it to your own sql db when they hit submit?

Great thread guys, lots of rep points given so far :)

mistergin, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  14. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ah yes, that is the basic idea of it.

Say I have a page telling you about the top products for "Cure Your Acne NOW!".

Off on one side, I'll put an opt-in form that says "For a FREE guide on how to make sure your acne stays gone for good as well as news & discounts on acne products, please enter your name & email below."

Now, this form & the code that gets run is from http://www.aweber.com - they help facilitate mailing lists & autoresponders & do a wonderful job of it, so you don't need to manage it on your own.

Then, you have your list, and can keep marketing to it, over and over again.

-T

Telmari, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  15. mistergin

mistergin Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah ok, that's what I thought. If you don't mind me probing a bit more, does aweber help you provide content to mail out or does it just help you manage the list? Seems if they don't provide some blanket content you could just as easily do it yourself. Then again I'm speaking from a coder's perspective, so nevermind hehe.

On the landing pages, when on ClickBank, I see the "pitch page".

Can these pitch pages be used for landing page templates? Seems sort of redundant re-creating the wheel when the "pitch page" seems to do a decent job.

I'm still a little curious on exactly what makes a converting landing page - but gonna search a bit there - I'm sure there's some posts on the subject :)

16. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    well one problem I see time and time again is that people try to sell the product on their landing page.. you shouldnt be SELLING the product... thats what the vendors pitch page is for..

your landing page should presell... give an introduction to the product.. let other know how the product helped you etc..
    then have a link to the vendors page...

a customer doesnt want to read your landing page.. then have to read through the same stuff on the vendors page.. it will only bore them...

Swerd, Feb 14, 2007 IP
    Nectarine likes this.
  17. mistergin

mistergin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks++ :)

That's where I was.. I was thinking why do they give you a perfectly fine 'pitch page'? Most of them reference the domain name so it's not like you could copy + paste that and just change a few things IMO.

Now I get it :)

Will adwords or google SERPS penalize you for using subdomains?

For example, if you have a good general domain name, could you use the following as such?

Campaign 1 Title
    camp1.generaldomain.com

Campaign 2 Title
    camp2.generaldomain.com

etc.

Or do the folks here recommend investing in a domain for each product?

18. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Rather than paying for ppc, why not just build cloaked landing pages and drive traffic with long tail keywords?

1EightT, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  19. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    this might sound a little blunt but hey, it will probably save you a lot of money.

if you a new to adwords/clickbank dont advertise DJK directly on adwords.. the gravity is around 1000 for this! the competition is huge.. think of a unique way to advertise this product or try something with less competition.

Swerd, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  20. mistergin

mistergin Peon

Best Answers:
    I know what long tail keywords are, but what's a cloaked landing page?

How is it different from a landing page that upsells the CB product with a link to CB merchant pitch page?