1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VERY Cheap Hosting - Benefit From Our Goof

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by bizoppz, Feb 4, 2007.

At the beginning of every quarter. my partner and I get together to discuss our hosting business and to evaluate things for the coming quarter. It was apparent that we would soon run out of resources to continue accepting new hosting clients, so we went on a hunt to gather additional resources.

Unbeknownst to each other, we BOTH went hunting and purchased what we deemed necessary. Needless to say, we now have an overabundance of resources.

As such, due to our silliness (or stupidity) I now have many many hosting accounts available. All accounts will be cPanel based, on servers which boast at least 2 GB of ram.

Take advantage of our silliness now by PMing me if interested.

Package A ($10.00 Per Year)

* Unmetered Storage Space
    * Unmetered Bandwidth
    * Unlimited Everything Else (email, mysql, etc..)
    * Fantastico Deluxe

Unmetered simply means that you can use as much space and bandwidth as you need, however, this must be used for hosting web pages and web page related files. (no download sites, image/file hosting sites, proxy sites, etc...)

Package B [ RESELLER PLAN ] ($35.00 Per Year)

* 50 GB Storage Space
    * 250 GB Bandwidth
    * Unlimited Everything Else
    * WHM/cPanel/Fantastico

If interested, please PM me with the following:

1. Full Name
    2. Email Address
    3. Domain Name
    4. Preferred User Name
    5. PayPal Email Address
    6. Preferred cPanel Skin (resellers need not send this preference as you will be able to change this yourself from within your WHM)
    (Options: bluelagoon, monsoon, rvblue, rvgreen, rvlightblue, rvlightgreen, rvlightmaroon, rvlightolive, rvlightorange, rvlightteal, rvlightviolet, rvmaroon, rvolive, rvorange, rvteal, rvviolet, x2)

Accounts will be set up on random servers. Please do not ask for an IP to ping as I am not sure which server your account will be hosted on. Once your account is activated, you will have 3 days to request a refund, so if for any reason you are not happy, simply make the request and we will go our separate ways, nothing gained, nothing lost...

Also, please bear in mind that we try to offer the best customer support we possibly can, however, for these prices, telephone support will not be included. I will be installing a help desk shortly which you can use for support and email is always an option as well. Support inquiries will be replied to in as little time as possible. (If you know me, you know I am online almost 34 1/2 hours everyday, even wee hours of the morning, so I am always reachable.)

Even tho this was our mistake and we need to recoup some of our costs, these prices will not remain this low for long. Request your account now as the price may rise at anytime.

bizoppz, Feb 4, 2007 IP
    Ajeet likes this.
  2. Anita

Anita Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Did you reverse package A and package B? I'd much rather pay $10/year for unlimited everything than $35/year for 250GB bandwidth.

Also, how fast are the network cards? Sometimes my site spikes at 100Mbps, would I crush your servers?

Anita ;)

Anita, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  3. bizoppz

bizoppz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Package B is a Reseller Plan

bizoppz, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  4. RPSPP

RPSPP Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Within an hour of me sending total newbie questions about setting up hosting on an existing domain, i am up and running.
    Bizoppz answered my queries quickly, and was really patient with me when i asked really silly sounding questions lol
    Thanks Bizoppz :)
    Erica xx

RPSPP, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  5. bizoppz

bizoppz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey RPSPP, thanks for the kind words. Like I said in the PM, there is no such thing as a silly question. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

bizoppz, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  6. RPSPP

RPSPP Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hahaha you might regret saying that lol
    I know this is gonna sound a bit cheeky .. but is this offer limited to one per person?

You said above that they are not to be used for download sites. Do you mean like rapidshare etc? or does that include a store which sells downloadable products ? .. i think i have just answered my own question there havnt i lol

Also I have my store on a hosting package at the moment, and have other domain names parked on it. Am i right in thinking that if i get seperate hosting for those domains and copy the content onto them they would get banned from search engines and directories? If thats right, is there anyway around this? I have 2 domains, 1 is the business name and one is a keyword based domain name. The hosting is on the keyword based domain so when submitting to directories etc i obviously have to put that url. When i tell customers the address i say the business one. The thing is i have managed to get pagerank etc for the keyword based one and thats the one that shows up in search engines .. but i would like the business name one to show in search engines too .. is there anyway around this? What about if i get hosting for it, and create a page of its own, different to the shop .. with a link to the store site (keywords one) .. is that a way of getting around that problem or will it be better as a parked domain (do parked domains actually do any good anyway? lol)

If it would benefit more with the business name on its own hosting, pointing to the store, then i would need 2 more domains hosting if thats ok. If its better that they are parked then i would just need 1 more hosting if that ok.

I dont know if i should of asked all those hosting questions on here, should i move them onto a thread of their own somewhere else ?

Many Thanks for reading (if i didnt bore you to sleep before you got this far lol)
    Erica xx

RPSPP, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  7. bizoppz

bizoppz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Asking them here is fine. It saves me time if anyone else has the same question :)

1. You can sign up for as many accounts as you want. There is no "per person" limit.

2. In all honesty, I am not sure about a few of your questions as I am not an SEO or Page Rank expert so I don't want to say one thing and be wrong about it, you know... (perhaps one of the other members could answer the SEO based questions for you ... anyone? anyone? bueller? beuller?)

3. Yes, you can host an eGoods store (when sending me your request, let me know which one is an egoods store as I will be placing them on a specific server. thanks)

bizoppz, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  8. TeeJ

TeeJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm a bit of an SEO newbie, but it sounds like you are worried about Google's "duplicate content penalty", which can be avoided in a couple of ways. The easiest is to use a 301 permanent redirect to point the traffic from the old site to the new site. The other (which sounds like it will work better for you) is to use a meta tag like: <meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow"> on one of the sites to tell Google no to look at the content (and avoid any duplicate entries in their databases).

TeeJ, Feb 5, 2007 IP
    bizoppz likes this.
  9. RPSPP

RPSPP Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you both for replying
    Erica xx

RPSPP, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  10. bizoppz

bizoppz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I had a feeling you were going to say that, hehehe. Both of those options are very simple to do and assistance will be provided if needed.

bizoppz, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  11. RPSPP

RPSPP Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    how well you know me and i've only been a customer for 24 hours :p

theres simple and then theres hang on a mo we are talking about erica here lolol

the keyword url is hosted and the store is a zen-cart store. the business name is the one that will be put on your hosting and redirected or robotted (lol) just how easy is it for someone with no technical background, (just wondering about customers not getting the site if they try to visit) .. and the last thing (for now :p lol) is .. i am sure i have seen on some directories etc that redirected sites are not allowed .. is this the kinda thing they are talking about ?

Many Thanks
    Erica xx

RPSPP, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  12. bizoppz

bizoppz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Heheh, I like that.

If you use the 301 redirect, its as simple as adding a "Redirect 301 http://newurl" line to a file called .htaccess

If you use the meta tag option, its as simple as adding "<meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow">" in between the <head> and </head> tags within the meta tags of your index page.

In all honesty, again, I am not sure about this one. Maybe Teej could enlighten us on this one... Teej?

You may also want to post your questions to the kind folks in this section of the forums as well as those would be the folks who can help you.

Many Thanks
    Erica xx[/QUOTE]

bizoppz, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  13. RPSPP

RPSPP Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    nice one, thank you for all your help .. you might want to sit down when i say this .. but i am familiar with the .htaccess file :eek: well i say familiar, i've altered it before when adding a mod onto my zen-cart store lolol

i'll pop into that forum you mentioned and send them a mail.

And thank you for the new hosting package .. again set up quicker than i could organise myself lolol

Erica xx

RPSPP, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  14. bizoppz

bizoppz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have 2 kids and nosy parents, nothing shocks me anymore, heheh.

bizoppz, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  15. TeeJ

TeeJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Using the META tag is fairly easy - just add the code to the header section of the affected pages (or your template if using one) near the top of the page. It can go anywhere in that section, I usually stick it just before the keywords META tag.

TeeJ, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  16. citruscommerce

citruscommerce Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is this offer still available?

citruscommerce, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  17. bizoppz

bizoppz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes it is, however, if you are interested in the reseller plan, the majority of those accounts are being placed on a server which uses DirectAdmin and Installatron. Is that ok with you?

bizoppz, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  18. bizoppz

bizoppz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    These packages are still available, however, 2 small changes:
    (changes highlighted in Dark Orange)

Package A [ Web Hosting Plan ] ($7.50 Per Year )

* Unmetered Storage Space
    * Unmetered Bandwidth
    * Unlimited Everything Else (email, mysql, etc..)
    * cPanel/Fantastico Deluxe

Unmetered simply means that you can use as much space and
    bandwidth as you need, however, this must be used for hosting
    web pages and web page related files. (no download sites,
    image/file hosting sites, proxy sites, etc...)

Package B [ RESELLER PLAN ] ($35.00 Per Year)

* 50 GB Storage Space
    * 250 GB Bandwidth
    * DirectAdmin/Installatron
    * Custom Name Servers

NEW PLAN
    Package C [ RESELLER PLAN ] ($17.00 Per Year)

* 10 GB Storage Space
    * 100 GB Bandwidth
    * DirectAdmin/Installatron
    * Reseller Admin / Installatron Admin
    * Custom Name Servers

Also, as further incentive, I am now offering a $10 Coupon to
    all new customers to either of my online estores. PM me for info.

If interested, please PM me with the following:

1. Full Name
    2. Email Address
    3. Domain Name
    4. Preferred User Name
    5. PayPal Email Address

bizoppz, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  19. RPSPP

RPSPP Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    aarrgghh !!! what are you doing ???

I have all these ideas in my head for sites to do and you are making it (financially) easier and easier for me to think i can actually do them !!! .. if only i had the know-how to implement them eh :rolleyes: .. i'm already getting more migraines trying to figure out what i am doing with the 2 i already got from you .. i'm probably gonna have a nervous breakdown within the month!! lolololol

Is there a time limit for the offer?
    I've got this weekend free so want to have a think and work out some things before i decide on the domains to buy etc .. then i can get you to host them. it will prob be monday am when i have everything sorted.

If it wont be open that long, then let me know and i'll try to get things figured out sooner (just listen out for the sound of my head exploding lol)

Erica xx

RPSPP, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  20. bizoppz

bizoppz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You can purchase as many of these as you like. As for time limits, in all honesty, I do not know how long they will be available, but since you expressed interest, I will hold a few slots open for you regardless. Thanks.

bizoppz, Feb 7, 2007 IP