1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm using site-targeting. If site owner ban my domain...?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by frisby, Feb 3, 2007.

Hello.

I am using site targeting on one site. And I think site owner blacklisted my ads.

What can I do now? Is it enough to just change the Display URL or must I change also domain of Destination URL to start showing ads again?

Thanks.

frisby, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  2. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you think that? this is very rare.

Have you recently created or edited your ads? it take up to 5 business days to get ads approved and begin to receive impressions.

You can not do that, do you will create another domain only to advertiser on this single site? the display site must match the very final redirected site or your ad will be disapproved.

Micromag, Feb 3, 2007 IP
    frisby likes this.
  3. frisby

frisby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my case I believe this could be true. In "know" (online) the site owner and he is very picky.

Redirections are also allowed as I read. Because it is written if you have redirection, the bot will follow the redirection. So, I predict it is allowed.

Two days ago I created the campaign with 3 ads. I edited some and add some new ads to ad group and after few hours, ads stopped to appearing for half a day, but my budget was only on a half and till then I had 10k impressions.

So you think that this was because editing and adding of ads?

Thanks for your input, green rep for you.

frisby, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  4. Micromag

Best Answers:
    The very last redirected site is compare with the Display URL - so adding a redirect url on the middle will not help - The only way would to change the Domain to another one - is not easy like you think to bypass the system.

You can put a hundred redirections - it will see the vary last redirected site, if the last one do not matches the Display URL you are violating Terms of Service and your ad will be disapproved after some days running.

When you edit an ad is the same of deleting the ad and create a new one. New ads need to be approved before running on content network (for search network is not needed) so probably you do not have any activity on your ads that have no been reviewed yet.

Next time, before editing all ads of an adgroup that has content network, create the new ads first - as soon you see that the new ads are running you can safely delete the old ads.

Probably Your ads will be reviewed this week and your campaign will run again - also I would sugest you to do not run CPM campaings on just 1 site - try to mount a list of 200 sites (investment) and go cutting out the less converting sites - this is a way to get success on CPM campaigns.

Micromag, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  5. frisby

frisby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey. I appreciate your great comments.

Hm... I am not quite sure if this is true about redirections. I was thinking in that way, that the user banned my Display domain, so if I use other domain and redirections are allowed (not sure), I think this can work (but I don't know if display url is comparing to last redirection).

And about sites, I am targeteting 3 sites. My language is not supported for adsense, so only few sites is getting my country traffic which has adsense. And this three are in english and great for my campaign. Both three get together about 50k daily impressions I think.

Thanks.

frisby, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  6. Micromag

Best Answers:
    I'm 100% that it don't work (Display URL is compared with the last redirected) - do it your self if you don't believe me and you'll see.

Micromag, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  7. frisby

frisby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, thanks. :)

frisby, Feb 4, 2007 IP