1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want to know experience from people who have advertised on MSN AdCenter

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by utopia78, Feb 1, 2007.

Hello everyone,

I was thinking of registering at MSN adcenter and spending some money there but before i do that, I just wanted to know experience of people who have already used MSN adcenter. Is it worth spending on PPC there or should we stick to google for now.

I would really appreciate feedback about any positive or negative experiences from people who have used adcenter.

Thanks

utopia78, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  2. Mr_2

Mr_2 Peon

Best Answers:
    its kinda useless !

Mr_2, Feb 1, 2007 IP
    testube likes this.
  3. testube

testube Peon

Best Answers:
    Zero traffic compared to Adwords, and keyword rejections that don't make any sense...but I'm still trying.

testube, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  4. Mr_2

Mr_2 Peon

Best Answers:
    2 months and i cant spend 100$

its worst !!

Mr_2, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  5. utopia78

utopia78 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mr_2 and testube for replying. Looks like adcenter still has a lot to do to catchup with google adwords. Only thing there is a lot of competition for keywords on google hence the PPC prices have gone up considerably according to me. I did a little advertising on goclick.com as well but couldnt get quality leads from there.

utopia78, Feb 2, 2007 IP
  6. SonicReducer

SonicReducer Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I have found the conversion rates the best of the big 3 PPC networks. And the traffic is about 15% that of Adwords, not 0 as stated before.

SonicReducer, Feb 2, 2007 IP
  7. utopia78

utopia78 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You mean the conversion rates on msn where better than google and yahoo? hmm...interesting.

utopia78, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  8. sjlnetwork

sjlnetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    people say that they get most conversion rate

sjlnetwork, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  9. Mr_2

Mr_2 Peon

Best Answers:
    well it depends on somecheyou ge better ROI in google on some in adcenter.

but the bad part of adcenter is it does not have good traffic so ROI would be useless with very low traffic.

Mr_2, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  10. RomanticGuy

RomanticGuy Active Member

Best Answers:
    AdCenter sent me a mailing offering me $200 in free clicks if I signed up before Jan 15th. When I go to sign up, the landing page the mailing pointed to again stated $200 in free clicks. I enter all the account information including the promotional code and it says that offer is no longer available. What? The only limitation mentioned on the mailing was signing up by January 15th. I called them up and they would not honor the offer. I mentioned the landing page was still up, but still got nothing. I told them it was shameful that a major corporation would pull that kind of bait and switch. I told her to cancel my account, but she said they would be sending out other offers in the future.

I had an absolutely terrible customer service experience with them. Until I get $200 in free clicks, they can't count on ever getting any of my business.

RomanticGuy, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  11. utopia78

utopia78 Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow, thats outright cheating !!! It is really really sad that such big corporations still don't understand customer service. I hope you get your $200 worth of free clicks.

utopia78, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  12. any2you

any2you Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think adcenter is the best conversion for me :cool: adword is more competition and overture is a lot of fraud clicks.

any2you, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  13. Mr_2

Mr_2 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol now they charge your credit card 5$

Mr_2, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  14. rsrathnaraj

rsrathnaraj Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Eventhough MSN is having some bugs, now it started to perform well. They are continuously improving their quality. I think they are following Google strcture and workings. They are also providing many options in adlabs. Rightnow I'm working on MSN only and I'm also getting good profit from them.

www.boonze.com

rsrathnaraj, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  15. movingconcierge

movingconcierge Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For those of you like me, newbie on paid advertising, be careful how you set up your campaigns.

I use adwords and YPN too, but not very frequently and with very low budgets. When I got a $100 coupon for adcenter, I decided to let loose and spend the whole thing in a month :D That's big time for me...

I was used to point and click set up like at adwords. For better or worse it is easy to set up an easy campaign. I want to spend $100 w/in one month, google does the math and caps my spending per day. That is NOT the case at adcenter. I burned through the $100 in like one week!

Also, be careful of narrowing your DEMOGRAPHIC in the campaigns as that COST YOU a premium ON TOP of the click bid. That was the most misleading part of the campaign. Now, I'm not saying that I was intentionally mislead. What I am saying is that it is not an intuitive decision for the user. It never dawned on me that by choosing a demographic to limit my ad delivery to that it would cost me a premium per click. I thought it would cause less ad deliveries. BE CAREFUL!

Lastly, I hit the pause button at $86.XX this morning at about 11 am. When I went to double check that the campaign was actually stopped at about 2 pm and it was at $97.XX :eek:.

So, my overall rating of adcenter is fair. I did get great traffic and a sale or two, but that was overshadowed by blowing through my budget in a week. If it were the only game in town, I might make more of an effort to learn the difficulties and nuances of the MS program, but when YPN and G have more intuitive set up what's the point?

movingconcierge, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  16. bjgolf

bjgolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really don't like adCenter.

Like pretty much everyone else has said, I got a free code for $100 in free clicks. Why wouldn't I use it...it's free advertising. Ever since then I still use it and manage accounts on it.

Unlike many people who don't like the interface that it has, I really like it! I think it is alot better looking than adwords. However, the traffic is really no where close to adwords. I think it would be a good thing to try for anyone new to PPC advertising, because it is really not hard to use.

The bad part is the approval process. Takes like a day or two, and somtimes they reject a keyword for reasons I don't know.

My opinion, if you get a code of some kind, try it out with the free money they are giving away, if not save your money and use adwords.

(P.S. "AD4500" I think is the current code to use for $100 in free credit. It expires on the 14th of Feb.)

bjgolf, Feb 5, 2007 IP
  17. utopia78

utopia78 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you check with MSN customer service about why they charged you even after you paused? Please let me know about it.

Another user had their $200 worth of free click taken away for no reason. MSN customer services seems to be scary.

utopia78, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  18. movingconcierge

movingconcierge Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The CS rep said there is a 3 hour delay in the numbers. I buy that.

I had a good experience with their customer service department. They answered quick and were very helpful for me both times that I called. I just did not like how the campaign went off. It ultimately may have been my fault for how the thing was set up, but that is a testament to how well the set up information is presented to the average new user, me.

movingconcierge, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  19. utopia78

utopia78 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats cool then. If the CS is good its makes it a lot better to work with any company.

utopia78, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  20. transburgh

transburgh Peon

Best Answers:
    I get low traffic but it is good quality traffic. I don't spend as much time with it as I do with other ppc engines (yahoo and google).

transburgh, Feb 8, 2007 IP