1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drop Shipping question

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Trance-formation, Oct 29, 2004.

1. appalachianhiker

appalachianhiker Guest

Best Answers:
    If I feel like I can make a sufficient profit by selling someting for less than anyone else, that is my perogative. If I have a company that supplies me and someone who charges more, my money is as good as the other vendors. It does not matter whether I work part time or full time with my web business, what matters is how much money I make for myself based on the effort that I put into it. The Pokeman thing was a fad and prices came down because people got tired of the things, not because too many people sold the things at low prices. As for the companies that wholesale the stuff to me, I am moving thier product. Before I sell something, I spend time researching the market and suppliers to see if I can make a profit at selling it. I will cut my prices in order to move the product. I need to see value for my time spent. After I start selling something, I continue to research the market so I am not surprised when the prices fall below my acceptable profit level and so that I can have a replacement item to sell. A lot of large companies do this. Anyone who need to see this in action should go to an outlet mall. I have seen $50.00 pants sell for $5.00 there. Cutting the cost basically means that more people can afford it and will therefore buy it- I certainly did not pay full price for my new truck. This opens up the market. Obviously, selling on the Internet is not the easy way to quick riches, but with a little effort and planning, most people who are willing to try can make some money at it. As I said I earn the money that I get by good research and combine that with good marketing techniques. That does not make me a bad person, merely an intellegent one.

appalachianhiker, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  2. Webturtle

Webturtle Guest

Best Answers:
    I've been looking into Wholesale Marketer for some clients and it looks pretty good - I've written a review here if you're interested.

I particularly liked that it consolidated 16 different sources into one 90,000 product database, and allowed the seller to place orders via the service, and has a "push to ebay" and export tool. Pretty neat and no harm in trying it out since it has a 7 day trial.

Webturtle, Sep 21, 2005 IP
    Willy likes this.
  3. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    has anyone in australia tried using http://wholesaleheaven.com.au ?
    $32.95 lifetime fee seems steep but it sounds ok.. but I havent been able to find anyone's reviews or experiences with them.

longroad, Sep 24, 2005 IP
  4. davidboyd

davidboyd Peon

Best Answers:
    I had come across Worldwide Brands when looking for a wholesaler / drop shipping. Especially like these guys cos they let you buy lite quantities.

davidboyd, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  5. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    isnt worldwide brands just an agent to help you find suppliers? Unless that's changed, of course. I found their information lacking when I last visited their site.

lorien1973, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  6. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    wow this thread is a fossil. and there are four posts in a row from 1-post members. something's fishy. :rolleyes:

devin, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  7. IeaAuctions

IeaAuctions Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend you look into Worldwide Brands.

IeaAuctions, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  8. GlobalGamingNews

GlobalGamingNews Banned

Best Answers:
    The trouble is that, even if you search through 200 pages of results, 99.9999% of "drop shippers" you find on google (or the worldwide brands catelog for that matter) are just middle men that are charging slightly below retail. This makes it very difficult for you to make money. You really need to be as close to the actual wholesaler as possible.

The best two companies I have found are:

http://www.dbldistributing.com
    http://www.dandh.com

Of course, it also depends on the products you are wanting to sell. If your site is about camping & outdoors activities, then these wouldn't work. So if these sites don't offer the products you're interested in, let me know what you want to sell and I'll tell you who is good to go to, in my opinion.

The main thing is that drop shipping is good for when you're starting out because you don't have to manage inventory. But it can also be a pain in the butt when dealing with returns, customer support queries, etc, and it's not as profitable as it would be if you were dealing with manufacturers and stocking inventory. The idea should be to only use drop shipping while your business is young, and to grow to the point of managing inventory as early as you can get to it because that's when you'll start making a decent return.

GlobalGamingNews, Feb 2, 2007 IP
  9. xaxecom

xaxecom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am interested in any dropship program for merchant. I try G/Y before but still could not find the reliable site.

xaxecom, Feb 2, 2007 IP
  10. Bombaywala

Bombaywala Peon

Best Answers:
    Those who are looking for dropshippers - someone almost couple years ago on this very post made a very good suggest, visit tradeshows and contact directly with the wholesaler. Most of the wholesalers don't like this model (my experience).

Bombaywala, Feb 2, 2007 IP
  11. xscream9

xscream9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you can start a relationship with a wholesaler or dropshipper directly, it is the best way to go. The problem is finding a reliable one on your own and the headaches involved of trial and error.

A lot of those wholesale and dropshipping lists are just middle men and useless. I agree with the others above that the only one that is worth the money is WorldWide Brands. It's a real company with a ton of tutorials and educational information. It's also the only wholesale supplier publisher that is certified by ebay. It's one of the most expensive memberships to join (I think it's still around $250 or $300 for a lifetime membership) but at least it's quality stuff. Plus, they are one of the few that offer a money back guarantee.

SaleHoo is another one of the bigger publishers of wholesale suppliers but they don't offer much.

http://www.wholesaledropship.askindex.info/

xscream9, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  12. kayhere

kayhere Active Member

Best Answers:
    kayhere, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  13. Blonde Jon

Blonde Jon Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    My experience with dropshipping has been a really good one. My goal this last year was to replace my wife's income and we have successfully done this. I recommend finding a manufacturer who dropships. Find a market that isn't flooded. Also if the manufacturer/dropshipper requires you to purchase a certain amount of product before you can enter into the program, this will discourage many of the fly by night cowboys. Sure there are still issues you deal with dropshippers, but in my case the benefits have totally out weighed the issues. Good luck to you :)

I second the motion. World wide brands is the best place to find genuine dropshippers. 99.9% of those list you get on Ebay are full of junk. I have a small free list on my site that you can also check out. http://www.webpuffs.com/dropshippers-and-wholesalers/

Blonde Jon, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  14. Toon

Toon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all. More information on dropshipping available at www.dropshipforum.co.uk - thought this would be useful for you.

Toon, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  15. v3rtikal

v3rtikal Peon

Best Answers:
    Public-Wholesale offers a free drop ship list, its available at

http://www.public-wholesale.net

v3rtikal, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  16. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The earlier posts here (from 2004) are really just people complaining about how free-markets work. Putting their belly-aching aside, they are correct. As more people have access to the same supply chain and same customers, the price is very likely to go down because competition is higher. The Internet has made this situation possible, and we're all benefiting from it so we shouldn't complain.

That being said, I think drop shipping IS the way to start out. It has the lowest risk and fastest "start-up" time. It can make a little bit of money, but probably not big money.

purdue512, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  17. GreenTorii

GreenTorii Peon

Best Answers:
    GreenTorii, May 15, 2007 IP
  18. orange655321

orange655321 Peon

Best Answers:
    As mentioned farther up you can go to trade shows to find the programs.....but obviously that is not always easy either...but...you can search the trade show vendors, sponser, members, etc...just by going to the event website.

For example, if you reviewed the site of the last CES in Vegas you would have seen programs like D&H, excalibur, and many others who had booths at the show. You can find the names and contact details from the site often without needing to actually go to the event.

As noted above D&H and DBL are both great programs. XS Depot, Wynit, FX, TD, CX, Tech Data, Ingram Micro, and more are other good options for many users to try dropship.

You can google to find more options, but most programs dont actively try to do seo and search promotion for their wholesale programs. Many people also recomend the WWB directory which is great...but you can go to the site and review the transcripts from their radio shows where they talk with supplier programs as another way to find a few wholesale sources without needing to pay someone for a list of questionable value. The WWB is a great list and worth the cost...but if you want to just find a few programs you can still use their site for sources without logging into the site.

orange655321, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  19. sellingonline

sellingonline Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd go with trade shows definitely too - go face to face to get the best results

sellingonline, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  20. dieselpasha

dieselpasha Peon

Best Answers:
    Where and When will there be a tradeshow in NYC?

dieselpasha, Jul 1, 2007 IP