1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ZuneUser.com - Nearly 900 Uniques per day - ACTIVE FORUM - $$Revenue$$

Discussion in 'Sites' started by GeorgeB., Jan 29, 2007.

1. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You're right, that makes sense. But hey, we should be allowed to discuss it, no?
    Plus, I asked for stats twice already. Did I overlook something? Where they posted already?
    I am willing to bid only if he can prove the source of his traffic. Shouldn't be hard to give us some link or screenshot...

7stars7stones, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  2. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You have already proven to me with your comments that you are not willing to (and most likely can't afford to) pay even the minimum bid for the site. So why would I waste my time with you when I have real interested buyers? The fewer broke tire kickers I show the live site stats too the better for the real buyer, no?

In any case, I'll leave it at this... put your money where your mouth is. Let's see you (or anyone else trying to get me to lower the price) bid $500 for the site WITHOUT any of the paid licenses and I remove the custom skin. Since you seem to keep trying to force the site value to just revenue and traffic....

The other factors shouldn't matter to you because, according to you and all your wisdom on the subject, they don't add value to the site anyway right? So you'll be paying $350 for 10x revenue and $150 for 881 uniques per day on a DMOZ LISTED domain.

If you don't agree to that then you should probably be quiet now because you'll just continue to not make sense. I just broke it down to kindergarten level for you. I can't make it any more simple than that I'm afraid. :)

GeorgeB., Jan 30, 2007 IP
  3. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can tell you only that I can easily afford to buy your site if it actually made a profit. But that is not a point of this discussion.
    Looking at your reaction, it makes me wonder what has made you to reply in this way... like a little child!

Was it my request to see your stats?
    Or my calculation of your current profits ($34 x 18 Months=612)?
    Or just a fact that I make sense and your $1000 asking price doesn't?

Eh, you showed yourself in really good light.
    Good luck!

4. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    In other words you don't really have an answer to what I just posted in bold...

Thanks.

5. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You do not give us your stats, you can't justify the price, but most importantly you're making no sense.
    This was my last post in this topic, now I let someone else to waste their time with you...

6. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Actually I've given stats to everyone that has asked but you....

And answer my post above in bold and explain how it is "making no sense".

If you can't then you're right, you probably need to leave this thread alone and let the grown ups talk ok?

7. crazyryan

crazyryan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you think a low-end custom vbulletin skin costs $300-400 then you check out talkfreelance.com, they go for $100 uncoded and you can easiy pick up coding for $150, and that's a proper unique skin.

Your skin isn't actually that custom, all that's been edited is the main css which is extremely easy and a header/footer added. As for the postbit the postbit_legacy template has been edited with a fieldset(is that what it's called?) around it and that's all.

However, I disagree with the post that says this site is worth $340, personally I'd say around $500-600 because of the rankings

crazyryan, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  8. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Huh? You just said $100 + $150 = $250. So even if anyone believed what you are saying is accurate that's only $50 less so I'm a little confused as to your point. :confused: I didn't go on some bargain basement forum and bid this design to the lowest bidder, so that also makes your point irrelevant... Your description of the customization is also way off. By your description that's all ANY custom skin is.

Again huh? All that's edited is the main CSS? Wait then you backpedal and say "and a custom header" "and a custom footer", "and a custom postbit". I mean I know you were trying to say "all that was edited was the main CSS" (which is false by the way) in an attempt to devalue the skin but cmon don't be ridiculous. Did you even look at all the custom graphics that went into the skin before you made this post? And the custom header, footer, logo, banner.... Not that I thought anyone that looked at the design and read your post would take you seriously... I just wanted to help you understand :).

9. clade

clade Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Not trying to be a smart @ss but counter-offer is one of the fundamentals of trading isn't it? I don't see anything wrong with making an offer, as long as you do it properly and if I may quote, bgeorge said "At least it helps bump the thread.." . If he thinks the offer is too low, then reject it.

This is a forum afterall. :cool:

Cheers.

clade, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  10. clade

clade Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sometimes you work hard on a site, the site turns out to be unsuccessful, and you have to get rid of it. You lose money but hey, at least it's going to help you in your next venture. That's what entrepreneurship is all about.

You bought the site for $300+(which might have been a bad business decision), brought in $30 revenue and expect people to cover your costly mistake.
    On top of that, put some more money in your pocket. Hurm..

Best of luck.

clade, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  11. Hasumoto

Hasumoto Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ryan is right, your skin is not so "custom", it merely looks like an edited skin....can you prove it to us who made the skin, who coded it? Talkfreelance.com sells way more skins and more unique then you have yourself there, the forum seems dead which is why I think those 900 visitors if they are real, don't post or register.

Not to clash you, but your customer support history is pretty bad, good luck on selling a site with this attitude showed in the thread below.
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=180694&page=2&highlight=georgeb

Hasumoto, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  12. clade

clade Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Damn it, I'm glad I didn't buy the site from him, whoever bought it would have been scammed, thanks for the heads up hasumoto!

clade, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  13. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I said I won't post anymore, but in the end, it looks like I was right about this guy.

14. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    LOL, you only posted again because you're a bandwagon rider and you thought someone else did what you couldn't do.

Alas, here's the problem. Jaree and I settled that a long time ago. In the end I apologized to him because I was stubbornly insitsting I had told him the site had problems. When he pointed out that I hadn't we later had a discussion via MSN and I gave him a refund of half the sale $250 AND let him keep the PR4 domain and custom coded quiz engine for only $250.

So again, the problem here is that you are again caught speaking about things you obviously don't have a clue about. You seem to make a habit of this. Seems every time you come in a thread and try and lowball the seller the site sells at BIN

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=2194859#post2194859
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=2195021#post2195021

Now scurry along....

If anyone doubts what I've said here feel free to PM jaree and ask him yourself. Nothing to hide here. I admitted I was wrong and gave him a fair deal to compensate.... not exactly "scammer" behavior, but nice try ;)

15. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oh don't worry.... you were never in danger of actually buying the site bidding $500... :D

Thanks for all the bumps folks... keep em coming :)

16. tkilgore

tkilgore Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    This is like taking a site to a pawn shop the idea is for the "buyer" to knock it down to get the most for there money. So this is a normal process. ;0)

tkilgore, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  17. SteveAR

SteveAR Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 1
    exactly what i was thinking. good post and heres your bump you wanted. :cool:

SteveAR, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  18. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks, I can understand the logic behind what you're saying. Thing is though as I stated at the beginning of the thread I am in no rush to sell the site else I would have of course dropped the minimum bid by now :)

So no I won't be taking a loss simply because unlike the people you were talking about... I don't have to ;)

19. Hasumoto

Hasumoto Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    why did you put "active forum"? When it really isn't.

Hasumoto, Jan 30, 2007 IP
    GeorgeB. likes this.
  20. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well I'm gonna start with a big fat none of your business because you're obviously trolling and not interested in buying....

But for any interested buyers like the person I'm speakign with in PMs right now:

The site gets daily registrations... that's why :)

[​IMG]

Now the PS3 forum in your sig.. THAT is a dead forum.

Scurry along bottom feeder....