1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where Do Things Go In Black Holes??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by BackupDrone.com, Jan 27, 2007.

1. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    One problem humans have in dealing with the concept of black holes is that we actually think the world around us is solid. That is untrue. The universe is mostly nothing and the planets are mostly composed of nothing. Every instant of every day of your life there are subatomic particles passing through your body and through the planet with no more danger to themselves than that experienced by a small spacecraft exiting our solar system. There are vast spaces between and within each and every atom and they can undergo considerable compression before they are so densely packed they are literally a solid mass.

clancey, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  2. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't "go" anywhere when you enter a black hole, you get crushed.

checksum, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  3. drewbe121212

drewbe121212 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AH, I guess you were watching the thing with stephen hawkins yes no? I found it very interesting too. Even stephen's claim was that it just "disapeared" along with the black hole when that disapeared.

drewbe121212, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  4. BackupDrone.com

BackupDrone.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :) yeah it came on last night.

BackupDrone.com, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  5. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    You got proof or evidence on that mate?

Sprunky likes this.
  6. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A black hole is a singularity with a strong gravitational pull, it's not a portal to another dimension. You get sucked in and crushed into oblivion. Evidence: general relativity.

checksum, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  7. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly what checksum said...and we will never find out what happens. The gravity of a blackhole is so intense that light can't even escape (hence the name), so we sure as fire won't be able to get a video transmission out of there...

d16man, Jan 28, 2007 IP
    Sprunky likes this.
  8. suncrafter

suncrafter Peon

Best Answers:
    A black hole is just a huge pile of stuff. The stuff that gets sucked inside does not "go" any where. It just gets added to the pile.

suncrafter, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  9. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    I mean the way you put it, its like your saying for sure that there is nothing on the other side of the Black Hole, like they have tried a test run and sent something into the Black Hole and got hard core evidence that thats what happens.

What I'm trying to do, as well as some physics and Hoppins, is thinking "out side of the box". What If....

10. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    Also, if it is sucking in all this light, and objects atoms etc., where is it going off to? One guy said earlier it turns into radiation, and thats a thought, but it would seem like the radiation should be able to be seen or maybe observed by our technology if there was any such thing? Maybe?

11. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then why don't we see that pile??

We can see the radiation...that is how we know black holes exist...what we see is the light going in, and the radiation that is made (hence the shape). Check out this link for some pics from NASA

d16man, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  12. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    We can see the radiation...that is how we know black holes exist...what we see is the light going in, and the radiation that is made (hence the shape). Check out this link for some pics from NASA[/QUOTE]

Makes sense :)

13. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    Wait a minute, if light cannot come out of the black hole, can the signals?

IT

Correctus, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  14. Thiagoo

Thiagoo Peon

Best Answers:
    lol i'm gonna try to explain, my english isnt really good...

When the hydrogen of the sun finishes, it will attract all the solar system(earth, mars...) and then explode, that's called supernova

But if the sun were 40x heavier, that would be a black hole...

If a blackhole attract let me say a planet... IT WON'T GROW but it will be heavier, then the gravitational field of it will be bigger.

Like the earth, imagine if it was heavier, the gravitational field would be bigger and harder, moon wouldn't exist because it would be attracted to the earth and they would be together.

And Saturn is all that big but ITS SO LIGHT so the gravitional field is small and i think even earth could attract it ^^

My english is bad but i love this kind of stuff!

Thiagoo, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  15. Rick_Michael

Rick_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the multiverse theory.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

We have stars in our universe that are older than what we think the universe is. So either we're wrong about the age or we're missing a fold in the universe. The black holes may be a part of this whole thing.

Rick_Michael, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  16. Kassi

Kassi Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the subject is in the discovery phase :)

Kassi, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  17. Diether

Diether Peon

Best Answers:
    A "black hole" is just something scientiest invented because they found something that they could not explain.

Can't believe that there are actually people that believe that there is "a hole in the air" which leads to another dimension, lets object disappear or whatever.

Diether, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  18. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What about setting a camera with 1000X zoom rather then put it in the black hole? I think that only women got black holes, i don't believe in white/black holes and teleportation and time traveling at all !

redhits, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  19. drewbe121212

drewbe121212 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is why hopkins was creating so much controversy about this.

A black hole is just a huge null.... a void. We need to figure out how to combat this. the opposite of nothing is something. However, we need to figure out something that will not be completely crushed when entering the black hole. What ever it is... it is no man made piece of hardware.

What would be in the blackhole though? Who knows. Maybe it can create a quick way to jump around the universe. Maybe everything just gets absolutly crushed.

Just remember the hole is created where the massive star dies. It is space and time turning in on itself. Huh, maybe it is from a civilization that couldn't handle themselves (you know, humans), and after a set amount of time the planet/star explodes and creates a black hole. (Just random thoughts).

Just remember, black holes do disapear. The laws of physics do not apply in this realm. In physics, the equations must balance. To gain you must loose, or to loose you must gain. Matter can not be created or destroyed, only changed. Is it possibly then that a black hole creates nothingness out of something? Nothingness is something, it is just something that we can not feel, taste, hear, or see.

:shrug:

I hope they figure it out some day...

drewbe121212, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  20. BackupDrone.com

Best Answers:
    Yeah I believe they will, but Hopkins did add that its like, bits and pieces of our universe is getting sucked away all the time. I wonder how the universe will look like in 1 thousand years?

I also heard, Pluto is not a planet anymore. Did that turn into a Black Hole, or where we not able to see that far? I'm just wondering if, all the planets will end up dieing one day, and there will be nothing left in the universe, maybe just the sun? Global Warming is seeming like it may end the Earth one day if we don't do something soon.

BackupDrone.com, Jan 29, 2007 IP