1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem with ASPNET account

Discussion in 'C#' started by mahmood, Jan 20, 2007.

I am trying to solve a problem I have with creating an ASP.NET WebApplication project. After looking a lot I came across this page on MSN website: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811320

It suggests me to
    I undrestand verything up to "as follows: " - ie nothing -
    What exactly I have to do to accompolish this first line? "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\Version\Temporary ASP.NET Files: Full Control"

mahmood, Jan 20, 2007 IP
  2. MattD

MattD Peon

Best Answers:
    Right click on that directory (will be something like c:\windows\Micorosoft.Net\Framework... etc), and goto properties.

Select the "Security" tab. This will show which users have access. If ASPNET is not there, click on "Add...", type "ASPNET" and click "OK".

Now, select the newly added ASPNET account, and make sure it has the full control thing ticked.

Hope that helps! :)

MattD, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  3. mahmood

mahmood Guest

Best Answers:
    When I right click on the directory > properties I get these tabs: General, Sharing, Websharing, Customise. I haven't found Security tab yet.

mahmood, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  4. MattD

MattD Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah ok.

Open the folder, goto the Tools menu, and select "Folder Options". On the "view" tab, scroll down the list an untick "use simple file sharing", then click ok. This will make the security tab appear and let you manage security better.

MattD, Jan 21, 2007 IP