1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If google penalises 1 site, do other sites get affected?

Discussion in 'Google' started by qwestcommunications, Jan 15, 2007.

If they are sharing the same hosting account. I mean if 1 site has pages deindexed or have drop in rankings, will other sites also see the same, or will they be unaffected since they have a different domain?

qwestcommunications, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  2. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are millions of shared hosting accounts so the answer would have to be no. However if you host more than one site on a server/ip the penalization may also hurt those sites. I believe Google may use the Registrar info for MFA, link farms and other trash to search out and destroy the rest of the sites however don't worry about someone else getting you banned or penalized. Keep in mind there may be other factors that play in even with a bunch of crap sites hosted on the same server.

visio, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  3. angielski

angielski Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't affect at all. There are hundreds sites on the same server ip. It would be unfair if one site on the ip could harm other.

So don't worry

angielski, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  4. casperl

casperl Peon

Best Answers:
    If they dont link to each other, i dont think the penalty will be transferred to the other.

casperl, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  5. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    Google penalty shall be based on domain or url, not based on IPs. But I'm just wondering will the penalty transfer from a domain to its subdomains, or from subdomain to domain?

hhheng, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  6. jiwasok

jiwasok Peon

Best Answers:
    That I know is not affected.

jiwasok, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  7. sqeeze

sqeeze Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL. Google's been banning whole networks for spamming - especially when spammers used subdomains of various blog systems, etc. to host doorways - not only domains, but IPs and even groups of IPs of a particular hoster were banned for certain period of time.

sqeeze, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  8. skweb

skweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I can say this for sure that if a website is banned, links from it no longer have any weight and that may lower the ranking of all the websites that it links to. Unless Google suspects that there is a spamming operation going on, other sites will be otherwise just fine.

skweb, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  9. torpengkute

torpengkute Banned

Best Answers:
    Absolutely not! Because it has different IP. even their shared in 1 hosting:rolleyes:

torpengkute, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  10. freehostingman

freehostingman Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sure there would be no penalty if it was just a few bad sites on the IP... but what if the shared hosting has 700 to 1000+ (very common with cheap hosting) on the same IP, and over 90% of the sites are REALLY bad? I think it would at least throw a flag of suspicion up.

freehostingman, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  11. sqeeze

sqeeze Peon

Best Answers:
    that is what I meant in my previous post - there are some domains (and IPs), especially free hostings providing subdomains that were massively used to create doorways, so Google banned entrie IPs (and even groups of IPs belonging to that free host).

sqeeze, Jan 17, 2007 IP