1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Average Salary in India -- Outsourcing editor job

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ryanng, Sep 19, 2006.

1. yourguidetoindia

yourguidetoindia Peon

Best Answers:
    Generally the salary in bangalore india of a content writer is anywhere between 12000 rs to 35000rs per month.

It greatly depends on the topic and qualifications.

If you just need someone to write about gossip travel etc you would hire just a grad (3 years collage experience) and you would pay around 12k to 18k rs a month.

Then again if you want business issues to be written you would hire a MBA and pay anywhere from 15k to 30k a month.

On Computer issues you would hire a BE (4 years collage) and pay anywhere between 8k for a fresher to 35k for someone experienced. BE are more in demand as they gain experience not for content writing but for programing presales etc and also the US govt is very liberal in issuing visas to BE.

On top of this you will have to put the infrastructure cost of say around 3k to 5k per month per person

Then you have the profit if it is a company......

ps all figures in rupees 44 rupee =1 dollor aprox

yourguidetoindia, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  2. Software_outsourcing

Software_outsourcing Peon

Best Answers:

I totally disagree with you regarding the language problem with this region. 400 ( out of 500) top Global companies has set shops in India for outsourcing . The outsourcing business is increasing at the rate of 40 % every year . The problem is about selection of people . One should have right experience and skills to identify right people.

Software_outsourcing, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  3. eb0la_reston

eb0la_reston Peon

Best Answers:
    Outsourcing to india/wherever *just* because it's cheap is an ERROR.
    India is in a different timezone from the US- use it wisely :).
    If you need something running 24/7, you need a late-night article, or you just need something at the end of the day to be in your inbox/server tomorow morning, then India is a good choice.

The price question cannot be the only answer.

eb0la_reston, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  4. SEOBoy

SEOBoy Banned

Best Answers:
    I will agree Software_outsourcing
    Language problem is not a problem if u will be hiring a litrate person

SEOBoy, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  5. Judd

Judd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree 100%, everyone that works for me speaks excellent english :D

Judd, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  6. bimal32

bimal32 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are married and have 2 children or total 4 family members, if you cant earn Rs.10,000 to 12,000 (ie $250 to $300) per month you will not survive in Gujarat or Western part of India.

Thanks

bimal32, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  7. Ferrarislave

Ferrarislave Peon

Best Answers:
    Outsourcing support to India is the worse thing that has ever happend to American tech companies. Dell has learned this most recently as well. Out sourcing your users to very poorly english speaking countries striken by poverty is wrong from many angles. Everytime I have called any sort of tech support I got an Indian with a binder full of manuals TRYING (notice the empthasis on trying) to help me. Needless to say all of those attempts at helping failed fairly quickly. Just because the labor is cheaper does not mean it's a good idea to outsource. Dell used to have excellent support ratings, but not anymore, I wonder why?

Ferrarislave, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  8. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I actually had a good experience with a foreign tech support person with Dell. When I first ordered this computer, the power supply died almost immediately. Even though it wasn't terribly easy for me to understand him, he spent well over an hour with me to properly diagnose the problem, and they had someone at my home within two days to install the new part. I'd rather have them patiently do that and get it right the first time, than to have them simply guess, get it wrong, and have myself without a computer that much longer. I know it's not always that pleasant of an experience, but it's not always bad. They just need to be careful about who they hire, to be sure they can communicate well enough with their primary customer base.

jhmattern, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  9. Sohan

Sohan Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if the company just want cheap staff, and call answered figures to go up, they'd hire staff overseas as cheap as they can get them.

If they want to offer quality support and customer services, they'd generally keep the call centers in their locations, or hire and train staff overseas themselves and make sure the quality of calls and support is good.

Btw:
    $1 = 44.1848 INR
    £1 = 87.1859 INR
    €1 = 58.6918 INR
    INR = Indian rupee

Sohan, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  10. Judd

Judd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do tech support for Dell here in America :) I mainly do support for the online learning courses that are offered on www.learndell.com. I however do not do phone support, only chat. Almost everyone I talk to says they have had bad exp. talking to the Dell reps on the phone because of the poor English and inability to actually help them. Most of the time I have to send them back to the Technical team (outsourced workers) because I am only contracted to do only software support for the courses on www.learndell.com.

Judd, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  11. ashashy

ashashy Peon

Best Answers:
    I am from India, and does some online jobs for people from all around the world. Up to my experience, I get works from people who has hired me before. They pay me daily.

India is not a poor country, but conversion rates of Dollars and Pounds create huge difference when compared to average income in India.

Due to this factor, people from other countries hire even inexperienced Indians and train them up to fulfill the needs for very less amount.

ashashy, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  12. kellyin

kellyin Peon

Best Answers:
    Judd What kind of work you outsource?

kellyin, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  13. selbourne

selbourne Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sure that ppl. thinking of outsourcing to India want to save on money.
    In India to you can get services which is world class to ones which are poor. Now you got to choose the right one from the WIDE range that India offers.

However many times you will see that ppl. outsourcing to India tend to become more greedy and try and get services at even more competitive rates. Even in the freelancing sites most of them tend to choose professionals quoting amongst the lowest.

Have you heard of the term "Quality does not come cheap" ? Well there are quality and quantity services providers here.

SO I disagree with ppl. saying that English is a barrier. You can get someone excellent ...but you need to pay more.

Note ....that the complaints that you are reading and hearing are a very minor portion of the actual working happening every day.

Now with this ...when there is so much money involved...there are also scamsters (both services providers and buyers). So its really silly to generalize.

RYANNG....you would need to check and verify and use your own judgment to get some good professionals doing your work....pretty much in the same way you would have to do if you were to hire from your own country.
    Only remember that the number of providers out here are huge and would definitely take some more of your time.
    However once you get the ideal company....I think then both would strike gold together.

selbourne, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  14. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Another American joining into the thread...

It really doesn't matter whether we say that India is a poor country or not. What really matters is what direction India is heading.

Look at this analysis of doing business in India and see the progress India made just between 2005 and 2006.

Then, closer to home, look at all of the successful SEO's from India in this thread. These folks are successful not just in India, but in the global economy.

I've seen successes and failures with outsourcing to India. Software development and other technical tasks seem to do better than customer service type tasks. However, I believe that how you outsource is as important as what you outsource.

I have been outsourcing directly to individual contributors. My next adventure is going to be working with trusted local Indian firms to purchase blocks of hours from a pool of available resources. This will increase costs, but it should also increase productivity and quality.

Will.Spencer, Jan 12, 2007 IP
    onedollar likes this.
  15. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    This is in fact, the most important aspect of your outsourcing which one should focus on - rest everything should fall in place, if this is done right :)

onedollar, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  16. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I may be backtracking a bit here, due to frustration and impatience, but...

What are some good places to find English-literate Indian IT people to hire on a monthly basis?

I know of places to hire IT people for projects, but what I really need is someone I can train up in "how we do things around here" and keep on staff long-term.

Will.Spencer, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  17. tomcatdss

tomcatdss Peon

Best Answers:
    While few Indians that you come across might not be good with their english usage and understanding, it is not right to underrate the whole group on this aspect.

tomcatdss, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  18. onlymotorola

onlymotorola Banned

Best Answers:
    I have hired people in the past from India & it worked out very well!

The key thing is finding the right person.

onlymotorola, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  19. bimal32

bimal32 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Many Indians are working successfully on Rentacoder, from data entry operators to web application developers. I have also completed 7 projects with excellent rating.

bimal32, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  20. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    Will.Spencer, I don't know of any specific places other than the websites (which you can google yourself) but I do know that these same services are available (albeit at a smaller scale) at all these marketplaces you might already be trying including dp - you just have to look a bit harder ;)

onedollar, Jan 19, 2007 IP