1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

LETS END...THE Please pm me url threads :)

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by sundaybrew, Jan 7, 2007.

?

Should We alllow " please pm me the url " When the OP asks to pm Them

1. Yes - I don't mind the usless threads and people should be allowed not to follow rules

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. No...Please change this cause I would like to have a fair chance in the b/s/t as well

22 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. Stop Crying Sundaybrew and go back to work !!!

19 vote(s)
    38.0%
  4. I never use the b/s/t and I could care less ...whats an infraction?

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
    Hello

Ok - I understand that some people don't want to show there url in the link sales, websites sales or any other place....

That is cool, BUT

Can we make a rule.. That the OP can just say , PM me for url AND then if someone posts " please pm me with url" they will get an infraction

I know this has been brought up before...but its just plain out of hand now

For example this thread
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=2055100#post2055100

Theres like 10 people in a row...

" Please pm me url "

When the OP CLEARLY states " pm me for the url "

Can people not read?

THEN THEY ALL REPLY

Why don't they just select " pm this user" from the drop down on the users name,

It ACTUALLY would be easier for the OP , and the user. they would be able to know who was interested and then who they had to pm, INSTEAD of the other common BUMP

" If I missed anyone let me know" ( another common bump tatic)

The sales forums are full enough , and I really think that should be changed,

sundaybrew, Jan 7, 2007 IP
    Correctus likes this.
  2. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    Seriously yeah this should not be allowed. Some people have even gone to the extent of padding their post counts by posting everywhere "PM me details" or "PM me url" and "please pm more details"

IT

Correctus, Jan 7, 2007 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  3. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm... you have a point guys. Perhaps people should just PM the thread starter right away and just post in that thread if there was really a transaction that occurred. Like: "Did this job. Nice doing business with you." You know, just so they can give each other an iTrader Feedback.

jdR!pper, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  4. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    First if a seller wants to sell something he/she must himself/herself pm the url of his/her site to the interested buyer.

Why should a buyer go n pm the seller and request the url? Customer is the King and must be treated the same.

And regarding people posting PM me Url, I don't think that there is any harm, infractions must be given to those people who post in all posts across sales threads with the same replies.

Once again the request can be genuine also so the best solution can be just post your url when you want to do link sale... enough of hiding sites, if you can't openly post abt ur site, there has to be something wrong with it.

Basic rules n solution can be just post the url of your site, if you can't do it, don't enter B/S/T, and if that can't be done, buyer are going to continue posting PM me url, seller will again keep bumping Lemme know if anything else is needed.

Aahhh... Just posts the url when selling something. :)

humm, Jan 7, 2007 IP
    max pain and Alvin like this.
  5. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Can you send me the URL?

aaron_nimocks, Jan 7, 2007 IP
    frankcow likes this.
  6. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people are just dumb, they even do this after the site has been sold, even after the thing is sold they still do this... because they cant be arsed to read page #2.... pisses me off.

Seiya, Jan 7, 2007 IP
    alien likes this.
  7. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Thats the part that gets me when people dont read the whole thread first.

aaron_nimocks, Jan 7, 2007 IP
    alien likes this.
  8. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    yes, that's a problem..

but sometime it is necessary for me because i don't want everyone know about what i am selling.

ahkip, Jan 7, 2007 IP
    alien likes this.
  9. alien

alien Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah it must apply...

alien, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  10. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm with you. I'm pretty much fed up with all the useless posts as well. If you can't PM when the seller clearly ask for it, how can you go through with the entire deal?

hextraordinary, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  11. Austars

Austars Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea that really grinds my gears, those people should definitely get infractions as it shows they just want to add another post to their count.

Austars, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  12. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:

exactly which is another good point.......The whole thing has to stop

hextraordinary likes this.
  13. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I too find it highly irritating that people don't read. Like you pointed out, 9/10 times the seller asks to 'PM me' and then you get all the stupid woodducks posting 'PM me'. So if neither PMs nothing is going to happen :rolleyes: .

If the original post clearly states "PM me for info" I from now on see plenty of reason to indeed infract every single muppet that didn't read it and were too lazy to send a PM.

T0PS3O, Jan 7, 2007 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  14. Alvin

Alvin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen people saying "PM the URL" even when OP has URL in his first POST.

Alvin, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  15. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:

Thank you for responding..

SO...Is it now ok to report these post WHEN we see them?

16. Austars

Austars Active Member

Best Answers:
    That right there should definitely be an infraction. I think I'm going to report any posts I see like that from now on.

Austars, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  17. Expertguy

Expertguy Banned

Best Answers:
    i definitely agree with you and this rule should be implemented, many people are just replying to increase their post counts.

Expertguy, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  18. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I agree about the posting a request for the URL in the thread. Just send a PM as requested.

But, I do not think there is anything wrong with not posting the URL in the thread. There are many reasons for it.

1. The buyer may not want people to know what they paid for a particular site, especially months later.

2. The Seller may not want to expose his adsense pub ID to idiots who may do nefarious things with it (see Westhaven)

3. The power of DP is very strong, and a link from a DP thread can rise in the serps in a manner which negatively impacts the site itself.

4. The seller may wish to keep a degree of anonymity, and not have people looking up the whois just because they chose to sell a link or a site.

5. A seller of links, may not want to flag google that they are selling links, by posting the url.

There are many other reasons why a buyer and seller may wish for the url not to be made public.

browntwn

browntwn, Jan 7, 2007 IP
    humm and sundaybrew like this.
  19. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    We'll probably get swamped with reports but yeah, it's clearly annoying the hell out of most people, it adds no value so IMO it should be stamped out. As far as I'm concerned, report the blatant/repeat offenders. No reason to report every single post if there's 12 in a row, just say so in the intial report that there's more in the same thread.

And only if it CLEARLY states in post 1 to PM the seller. If it's hidden in a long paragraph we'll let the lazy off for now else we'll sit here all night long.

T0PS3O, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  20. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:

ok that sounds fair.....I will just report the thread that has alot of activity with the same dam message rather then swamp the mods & admins with every single post.

That way when we report the thread it can be at there discretion to look over the posts....

Thanks Tops!

OH AND BTW.......LMAO...People actually voted for me to go back to work .......lol.....thats funny :)