1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats new at the ODP

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by markhobbs, Jan 5, 2007.

I see the ODP says that editors are now allowed to edit. Is there any ODP editors out there that could enlighten us with what kind of communications you have been receiving from the ODP. Are they going to come back? I tried to email staff@dmoz.org concerning other issues and the email bounced.

thanks

markhobbs - peon for now!

markhobbs, Jan 5, 2007 IP
  2. lmocr

lmocr Peon

Best Answers:
    The directory has been back ever since two days after the outage, although there were no updates to the directory from the 20th of October to the 18th of December. Since the 18th of December, the directory has been updated regularly - new sites added, some descriptions changed, broken sites removed.

lmocr, Jan 5, 2007 IP
    compostannie likes this.
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The usual party line of half-truths and smokescreening from lmocr... :rolleyes:

Between October and December, DMOZ was "back" only in the sense that it was rolled back to some earlier backup date who knows how far in the distant past. That's barely one step above an "Under Construction" page. Nothing could be updated. Nothing could be added. Nothing could be deleted.

minstrel, Jan 5, 2007 IP
  4. markhobbs

markhobbs Peon

Best Answers:
    Imocr,

Are you an editor and could you get me an email to someone at the ODP ie staff?

Mark

markhobbs, Jan 9, 2007 IP
  5. brizzie

brizzie Peon

Best Answers:
    is the only public mailbox. If your emails are bouncing it may be that the mail system is not working right yet.

brizzie, Jan 9, 2007 IP
  6. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    Since ODP came back to normal, the only thing new I saw is that many of their pages dropped to PR0.

hhheng, Jan 22, 2007 IP