1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding funds to PayPal from Simon Gift Card

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by phree_radical, Dec 30, 2006.

I got another one of those Simon VISA Gift Cards for Christmas and I have been trying to figure out how I can transfer the balance into my PayPal account. I called customer service and the guy told me to add it under my Credit Cards, so I did. I wasn't sure about it because the Simon card works like a credit card but you can't deposit money into it. Anyway, now I have it added as a Credit Card, and PayPal charged it one dollar, for verification I assume.

I still can't figure out how to transfer funds from the card, so I sent PayPal an email... eventually I got an auto-reply saying I should just use the phone support. I called them again saying that I still couldn't add funds from the card, and also asking if it's possible to refund the $1.00. She said that the $1.00 was only temporary for verification, but I don't see any sign of getting that back, yet... I figured as much, I mean I explained that you can't refund the money back onto the card, but none of the people who do phone support seem to be native English speakers. Egh.

I've never used a card as backup funding before, but I think all I would have to do is set the gift card as primary (I have my bank card entered as well, currently primary). I don't know if everything will go smoothly, though, if I try to send 30.00 and I have 5.00 in my PayPal and 10.00 in my gift card. Then, I'll just be removing the gift card... it just doesn't seem very clean.

I asked customer support whether there would be a problem if I tried to retrieve the funds by sending a Money Request to one of my other email addresses and paying it to myself that way. She said that it may not let me, since I had the card entered in my account, even if I remove it first.

Are there any other options?

phree_radical, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  2. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Set the credit card a primary funding and then when you send someone money it will pull it off that cc

sundaybrew, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  3. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree! Set Simon Gift card as primary card and you should be able to send money using your gift card. If not then when ever you will send money to some one your 1.95$ (paypal charged for verification) will be added to your balance and it takes 24 hours to show in your account. So just don't be panic and relax :)

Disguised, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  4. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    as far as I know .. CC < simon gift card should work as CC > .. CC are not used to add the funds to the account but are used to make the payment . so i guess if you happen to make a payment and use CC as source then the amount will be deducted from your CC balance .
    Correct me If I am Wrong :) :)

mixke, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  5. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you are wrong. Credit cards are only used to pay others. You can't add funds to your paypal account from your credit card.

Disguised, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  6. phree_radical

phree_radical Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't think about that, concerning the refund. I guess I will let you guys know! p; Thanks for the replies~!

phree_radical, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  7. mindzero

mindzero Peon

Best Answers:
    Now what happens if you dont have the funds left on the gift card?

mindzero, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  8. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Then you won't be able to send money from your gift card :lol:

Disguised, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  9. kevinstl

kevinstl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Another option is to use https://giftcarddrainer.com. Gift Card Drainer will check the balance of your debit / credit type gift card and transfer the remaining balance to your PayPal or personal bank account.

kevinstl, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  10. kevinstl

kevinstl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not trying to spam here, the link for my previous post to Gift Card Drainer did not work: giftcarddrainer.com.

kevinstl, Apr 6, 2013 IP