1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shopping Cart Abandonment Rates - What are yours?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by MidoriWeb, Dec 29, 2006.

I'm currious to see what those of you who sell actual products have for your shopping cart abandonment rates. We use Google Analytics and show conversion tracking for people who reach the shopping cart, people who reach our checkout screen, and people who make it to the thank you page after placing their order. Here are my stats for the last month:

Made it to the shopping cart: 3,235
    Made it to the checkout page where they enter their personal information: 1,228
    Made it to the thank you page after placing their order: 736

The above means that 38% of the people who add something to their shopping cart proceeded to checkout from our site. And 62% of the people who attempted to checkout completed their purchase. Likewise, 62% of the people who added something to their cart left it without attempting to checkout and 38% of the people left our site after getting to the page where they enter their information.

How does your site compare? Do you get better or worse conversions then we do? Have you made any changes you've found that signifcantly affect your conversions?

MidoriWeb, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  2. ph33rgear

ph33rgear Active Member

Best Answers:
    pretty nice stats you got :)

ph33rgear, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  3. Sullmoney

Sullmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What sort of products are you selling if you dont mind me asking? Surely that affects the rates.

Sullmoney, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  4. MidoriWeb

MidoriWeb Member

Best Answers:
    We sell products in the nutrition industry (vitamins... proteins... stuff of that sort).

I know different selling products will effect the rates to some extent... but I'm interested in seeing what others are getting as their stats.

From my research on the net it appears most sites get a shopping cart abandonment rate of 60%. We're at 62% which is pretty much dead on with the industry standard.

MidoriWeb, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  5. Sullmoney

Sullmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the stat. I am launching my first store within the next couple weeks so I will keep that figure in mind.

Sullmoney, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  6. marouane az

marouane az Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks

marouane az, May 9, 2020 IP