1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Jesus Son of Mary, a Muslim Prophet

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by brujj1, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Realm

Realm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He is the last prophet...Muslims believe that Jesus will comeback...he never died...where did you get the first from? he is the last prophet (The Seal Of The Prophets) and no other prophet is coming after him...

Realm, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  2. brujj1

brujj1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello everyone,

There is so much going on here, I do not know which one to answer. However, I am glad to see that we are all talking freely and that we state our opinions to each other.

Now, I must say my area of scholarship is not on Jesus (may Allah's peace be on him and on his mother) in the Bible and Jesus in the Qur'an. Of course, there must be similarities and differences, based on the interpretation of people, not based on Jesus himself or God's perception of Jesus. I believe that Jesus is completely similar to my own Prophet Muhammad (may Allah's peace be on him and his family) as this is what Muhammad (s.a.s.) stated. They are like the two fingers of one hand.

About Muhammad's (s.a.s.) copying Jesus or any other Prophet, that surely a point that I have to make clear as Muhammad himself ( s.a.s.) did.

Muhammad never stated that Islam is a new religion. The Qur'an (which we Muslims believe are exact words of Allah, revealed to Muhammad through the angel, Gabriel) instructs Muhammad to state that his religion is the same religion as of Abraham (may Allah's peace be on him).

I believe that Jesus also stated that and Moses and all the Prophets after Abraham (may Allah's peace be on him).

About Jesus (s.a.s) or Muhammad (s.a.s.) being the last Prophet, We believe that Adam is the first Prophet and Muhammad is the last. Jesus came before Muhammad, however, he did not die and he will return. That, though, does not make him the last Prophet. Moreover, even when Jesus returns he is not a new Prophet after Muhammad.

I think the point of Muhammad's (s.a.s.) being the last Prophet should be taken as one of the greatest signs of the last day's coming which the Qur'an is constantly stating.

No, Muhammad (s.a.s.) did not copy from the Bible, like a plagarist, if that's what you mean, as he did not know how to read or to write, moreover as I said earlier. Jesus and Muhammad, Moses, David, Abraham are all Prophets from Allah and they all invited us to the same religion and the same God.

Again, Muhammad (s.a.s.) always and happily stated that his religion is the religion of Abraham (a.s).

Islam means "submission." All Prophets invited people to submit to One God.

brujj1, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  3. brujj1

brujj1 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have questions about women in the Qur'an or women in Islam, I would like to be of help, if I can. My area of study has been more on women in the Qur'an and during the life of the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s).

brujj1, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  4. brujj1

brujj1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Rick Michael, I could go over each and tell you what the Qur'anic and the Prophetic teachings tell us, but I can not tell you if Jesus has said them as I am not a scholar on Jesus in the Qur'an or Bible.

However, if you are very much interested, I can suggest you many academic books and journals on Jesus in the Qur'an and Jesus in the Bible. I saw many such articles and books in this area. It is a widely written area.

Muslim, Christian, and Jewish scholars have lived, studied, worked, and wrote together for more than a thousand years. It is only after colonialism that Islam has been seen as an enemy or backward group in the minds of the general people. You should refer to Professor Noam Chomsky's articles or lectures when you have time. Just google his name, you'll see tons.

brujj1, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  5. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It would be interesting if one can substantiate this silly polemic with some sort of evidence.

Ibn Juferi, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  6. livingearth

livingearth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the important thing to remember is that we both ( muslims and christians) worship the same one living God.

When a Christian attacks or hates a muslim then he acts against the child of God. When a Muslim acts against the Christian he in turn is acting against his brother.

Our Lord is one and the same. It is only what messenger we choose to believe that differs.

The evil lies not in our religions, but instead it lies in our hearts and our egos, in our individual need to be right, in our refusal to allow others to believe as they choose, and in our fear of what we do not understand.

There are evil people who claim to believe in all religions. They deface the name of both Christ and Mohammed with their actions and the words they spread, and they use our beliefs and our peoples against each other for their own purposes. It is the nature of their hearts that make them evil. Not what religion they claim.

livingearth, Dec 27, 2006 IP
    ravianz likes this.
  7. Rick_Michael

Rick_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure.

Well, I'm not sure about that. The crusades were a significant part of history.

Rick_Michael, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  8. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    What are all the names for Jesus used in the Koran?

KalvinB, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  9. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Now I am confused about a main point of islam: if Jesus was the last prophet, then what is that dead mohamad guy?

debunked, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  10. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Jesus was the last prophet before the last prophet.

Duuuuh.

KalvinB, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  11. debunked

Best Answers:
    .... before the last prophet joseph smith?

12. sam2698

sam2698 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think he is called as ISA, correct me if I wrong.

sam2698, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  13. Rick_Michael

Rick_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    No, tom cruise is the last prophet. lol

14. debunked

Best Answers:
    would people just stop making up these new religions!! I can't figure out which prophet to believe anymore.....:confused:

:eek:

15. Rick_Michael

Rick_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    Prophet Pizza.

Less than 2000 years or your money back.

[​IMG]

16. sam2698

sam2698 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make that another 1000 years, they are actually saying that, wait another 1000 years!

sam2698, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  17. brujj1

brujj1 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are several names used in the Qur'an when Jesus (may Allah's peace be on him and on his mother) is mentioned. However, I would have to do a long research to tell you each one. From my lecture notes I found some of these as:

He is mostly mentioned as "Isa ibn Maryam" : Jesus son of Mary
    "Mesih" : Mesiah
    "Nebi" : Prophet
    Servent: servent of Allah as any believer
    "Resul" : Prophet
    "Kelima" : Word
    "Ruh" : Soul, the Qur'an mentiones Prophet Jesus's creation similar to
    Prophet Adam's.
    Witness
    Mercy
    Most upright and Pious

Jesus in the Qur'an is not mentioned as a divine being. "He is nothing but a messenger of Allah." "Allah is high above from having a son for Himself."

brujj1, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  18. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    just checking. I think it might be worthwhile to do a side by side comparison of the Biblical Jesus and the Muslim Jesus.

KalvinB, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  19. Dudley

Dudley Guest

Best Answers:
    Kudos to you brujj1. :)

We are so used to reading the grossly distorted anti-Christian propaganda spewed out by the radical Islamists that has been readily absorbed and repeated by the weak-minded. It's refreshing to hear a reasonable and well-presented point of view.

Dudley, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  20. Rick_Michael

Rick_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is what I want to know.