1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wikipedia authority dilution after WikiSearch?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Mong, Dec 24, 2006.

Google has algo which highly consider backlinks to rank webpages for search queries. [accepted by Google for miserable failure bomb case]

But sometime its not all backlinks which play the role -- other important factor is authority of the domain [not particular webpage]. And in this area nobody seems to beat wikipedia in Google.

But if WikiSearch comes out with this face
    [​IMG]

Note -- sponsored links on right side. ---- this is same spot from Google earns its living.

Would WikiSearch effect authority value of wikipedia in Google?

I am sure it will effect.

Though i am not sure how devaluing authority rank of wikipedia will help Google to sustain same position in search engine world. But on the other hand if they don't touch authority rank ... its undigestable to me. :)

Mong, Dec 24, 2006 IP
    LaCabra likes this.
  2. cafinater

cafinater Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm interesting... Would google's adsense arm deliberately tamper with returns to keep away competition.... and will this reduce value of Wik links? Interesting questions... Sorry- no answers.

cafinater, Dec 24, 2006 IP
  3. gabrielangel

gabrielangel Peon

Best Answers:
    The face of the search engine looks very familiar. Google allows you to use their search API to make your own little search engine for you site, so maybe this is just a version of that. It does look a lot like a Google style search. On a side note, it would be about time that Wikipedia started making some money instead of asking for donations.

gabrielangel, Dec 24, 2006 IP
  4. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    No NO... :rolleyes:

It would be search engine based on human intelligence and experience not machines

See this "Search Wikipedia & External Links" under wikisearch logo [though not official]

Mong, Dec 25, 2006 IP
  5. Diddy1

Diddy1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys keep in mind the name of it isn't wikiasari it's the name of the software that will power it. Not the actual search engine. And that screenshot was discredited by the wikiasari homepage by the way. Plus I really don't think it's going to come out this quick it takes a lot to manage something as big as this not to mention getting all the bugs out. So I'd really wait and see if they announce a date of release before getting excited, it could be in 2008 for all we know.

Thank you

Diddy1, Dec 26, 2006 IP