1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Decreasing Invoice time

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by ColinR, Dec 3, 2006.

Shawn,

We invoice all of our customers to the first of the month (not my decision) so every customer we have on the 1st of a month are to be invoiced (look at the amount of licenses we've ordered is an indication of the amount and can be PM's back and forth if needed for further drill down). We've used "automated tasks" in the hopes to improve speed along with "Fast mode invoicing" (Fast Mode does not calculate anything with tax2 or tax3 in their account so that failed). We've taken the system down and compressed data files but no significant improvement. Finding the actual invoicing time to be painful for a better word. Can you offer any suggestions (other than business practises) on how to enhance or decrease our invoicing time?

PM me if you feel its needed. TIA.

ColinR, Dec 3, 2006 IP
  2. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried to fix this problem from outside of Optigold? I'm not sure exactly how Optigold works, but if it uses MySQL, have you tried getting a system administrator to optimize that for you? Tweak settings, increase max number of threads, increase RAM, upgrade from IDE HDDs to SCSI or SATA.

Does it use Apache in any way? You could switch over to a less robust webserver to decrease invoicing time.

Shawn's a busy guy, I try to help out when I can. I'll look into how Optigold works and offer some more advice when I get the time. Good luck :)

PayItForward, Dec 3, 2006 IP
  3. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks.. it uses Filemaker and its on a fast machine. (I don;t know all the specs of the system its on as I'm the Billing admin but I do know its a big one). We've tried most of what you reference above: RAM, HDD etc.

ColinR, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There is a "Fast Mode Invoice Generation"... Basically does it much faster, but does not print/email invoices individually out to the customer.

digitalpoint, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  5. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    Also does not stamp "service periods" and does not calculates taxes correctly so that appears not to be an option. Welcome any other ideas/thoughts.

ColinR, Dec 24, 2006 IP