1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you have a passport

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by spiced, May 17, 2023.

I read somewhere that only 37% of Americans have passports. Where I live almost everyone has a passport. Does that mean that most americans never leave the country

spiced, May 17, 2023 IP
  2. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just renewed mine last month.

I'd say that 37% is probably high. Most Americans are too distracted to travel the world or being a debt slave doesn't allow them to financially.

kjh-08, May 19, 2023 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have had a U.S. passport for about forty years now. Keep in mind that U.S. citizens can travel thousands of miles all over the U.S. without one and we used to be able to travel to Canada and Mexico without one, until very recently. Also keep in mind, that any other travel involves thousands of miles of flying over oceans and a lot of money to get anywhere else. Also, the U.S. has just about any climate, terrain, communities, etc., that you might want to experience from tropical Hawaii/Puerto Rico to arctic Alaska and everything in between. I don't know what the percentage of passport holders is, but someone in the U.S. certainly does not need one to have a very active tourist schedule his/her entire life. E.g., I have been a road warrior since the 1980's and have travelled to and done business in all but five of the fifty states. My guess is that I have seen less than 10% of what the U.S. has to offer from a travel perspective. And that may be too high of an estimate.

jrbiz, May 20, 2023 IP
  4. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i have one as i live a period on united kingdom so i need to do one myself for travel purpose

Spartan14, May 21, 2023 IP
  5. IPv4

IPv4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've 3 passport as well.

IPv4, May 24, 2023 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You can still enter Mexico's large "hassle free zone" without a passport or TIP.

If an American decided to spend their holidays in a different state each year, starting as young adults, they're going to be old and grey before they finish. It doesn't quite compare with experiencing new cultures, different languages, and messing with money while seeing a new place. It's good to step outside of your comfort zone and see the world from a different perspective.

sarahk, May 26, 2023 IP
    Kerosene and jrbiz like this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but how hard will be to get back into the U.S. through Customs? Haven't been recently to Mexico, but entering and leaving Canada is like entering and leaving the U.K. or Germany for a U.S. citizen, these days.

jrbiz, May 26, 2023 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Back in November we actually needed to do the paperwork with the Aduana but stuffed up and went through the hassle-free way, had to turn around and go back to the USA and try again. There were thousands of cars streaming through in both directions and none were being searched or stopped.

sarahk, May 26, 2023 IP
  9. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    I've held a passport since the 70s. It's been with me across Asia, Europe, USA and Canada.

International travel requirements can change at any time for any reason.
    Your passport is worthless.

I've always been ready to GTFO ASAP on a big bird with a kangaroo on the tail.
    After recent global events, when the time comes, I'll be leaving quitely on a Vietnamese fishing boat with a trail of burning bridges and dead end documents behind me.

Kerosene, Jul 4, 2023 IP
    jrbiz likes this.