1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Toxic backlinks

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by seoartx, May 25, 2023.

Hello guy.

I ran backlink crawl with semrush for our our ecommerce website and there were so many toxic backlinks, more than 1000 of those.

Problem is, we did not created those backlinks. It seems, like they are somehow generated. Sources are very weird. Target were mostly url of our product pictures. As example I am sending screen with info from semrush:

[​IMG]

And examples of urls here:
    [​IMG]
    Stats from semrush:
    [​IMG]

Question 1: Does anybody have clue, why there are such backlinks / what could cause creating/generating them?

Question 2: What could I do to get rid of them? Would it be reasonable to use google search console disavow tool for that matter?

Question 3: Is it possible that our website has worse domain authority thanks to that?

Thanks a lot for any answer
    Rado.

Solved! View solution.
    seoartx, May 25, 2023 IP
  2. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have time then disavow them ...... In my opinion leave them because Google ignore these types of links and do what you are doing to get high quality backlinks and traffic. I notice in SEMrush for my client's website that 220k backlinks while he did not start any link building activities for his site ...... So, its unbelievable for me.

seomanualsubmission, May 25, 2023 IP
    Someone uses (as the content for
    their sites) the links to your sites.

Usually, some type of the back end scraping robot
    provides the information for the front end software,
    which frames this information into the suitable templates.

Anything is possible on the Net, but the
    probability of such influence is negligible.

Don't worry, be happy, ...

Artisan, May 26, 2023 IP
  4. Warner Williams

Warner Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    How to Resolve Toxic Backlinks
    I agree, write a disavow request to Google in which you list the links you which Google to ignore. You may also send a "Cease and Desist" note to webmasters that have many links on the same network.

What are Tocix Backlinks?
    These are undesirable links that appear on websites in one of these three groups
    1. Link farms, or websites created for outbound links
    2. Unrelevant topic or niche
    3. Websites not indexed or are blocked or banned on Google
    How are these links generated?
    There are many ways that these pages can link to your website. The most common is via a bot with the aim of upselling to the indexed website.
    Others may be by natural referencing or malicious tagging. Either way, they can be damaging to your website. Remove them asap.

Warner Williams, May 26, 2023 IP
  5. seoartx

seoartx Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all of you. Answers were helpful. I have the domains in txt so I will upload it to disavow tool. It will not cost us time or money, so easy task.

Thanks again and Have a nice weekend.

seoartx, May 26, 2023 IP
  6. Daniel165

Daniel165 Member

Best Answers:
    Toxic backlinks, also known as spammy or unnatural backlinks, are links pointing to a website from low-quality, irrelevant, or suspicious sources. These backlinks are considered harmful to a website's search engine rankings and can have a negative impact on its overall SEO performance.

Daniel165, Jun 16, 2023 IP
  7. Artisan

Artisan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your statement is the misconception, which is popular, but misleading. If such links are really harmful, then it would be easy to use them for doing the harm by placing such links for the sites of the competitors. The worst thing, which may be done by such links, is that they will not influence the SEO achievements directly, and thus will be useless for the SEO purposes. But such links may bring the human visitors, which will improve the SEO achievements indirectly.

Artisan, Jun 16, 2023 IP
  8. Nicoletta79

Nicoletta79 Peon

Best Answers:
    dealing with toxic backlinks is part of my regular routine. Here's how I disavow them using SEMrush and Google Search Console, two of my favorite tools.

In SEMrush, I start by utilizing the Backlink Audit Tool. The tool categorizes my website's backlinks into 'Toxic,' 'Potentially Toxic,' and 'Non-Toxic.' I manually review each flagged link to ensure no valuable links are mistakenly categorized. Once I've identified the truly toxic backlinks, I export the list.

Now, Google Search Console comes into play. Before disavowing, it's important to remember that Google suggests attempting to remove the toxic links by reaching out to the respective website owners. However, when it's not feasible or responses aren't forthcoming, I use the disavow tool.

I log into my Google Search Console, select the appropriate domain, and navigate to the Disavow Links Tool. Here, I upload the text file exported from SEMrush. The format is simple: one URL per line for specific pages or "domain:example.com" to disavow an entire domain.

This method allows me to preserve my website's health and safeguard its ranking according to Google's algorithms, ensuring my content remains visible and valuable to my audience. And remember, auditing should be conducted regularly to keep on top of new backlinks.

Nicoletta79, Jul 1, 2023 IP
  9. Ravi Gupta

Ravi Gupta Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi seoartx please download the toxin link and upload it in the google disavow tool and also update the file in SEMrush

Ravi Gupta, Jul 21, 2023 IP