1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i want to be a software developer

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by melihx1, Jun 26, 2021.

?

for freelance

1. PHP

11.1%
  2. Python

44.4%
  3. different, please specify in answers

44.4%
    hello good forums, i want to be a programmer but i want a freelance programmer, i have PHP or PYTHON in mind, which one do you think is good for freelancing or can you suggest me one?

melihx1, Jun 26, 2021 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think either one will help you in your goal of freelance programming of underground water systems.

mmerlinn, Jun 26, 2021 IP
  3. melihx1

melihx1 Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry but "underground water systems." i don't understand him and do you have any suggestions?

melihx1, Jun 26, 2021 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The technology you need to learn depends on what type of programming you want to do. Do you want to create business systems for insurance companies or do you want to develop AI algorithms for robotic systems or do you want to create websites for nonprofits? Or perhaps you want to work on cybersecurity in retailers? Figure that out, first, and then discover what technologies are most in use in those industries.

jrbiz, Jun 26, 2021 IP
  5. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    mmerlinn, Jun 26, 2021 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I reco
    I recommend that you get some proper education and work for a software development company for a couple of years before going freelance.

Why?
    • You'll probably get paid more
    • You'll learn about selling and closing business deals
    • You'll learn about time sheets and keeping your billable hours up
    • You'll learn how to spec quotations
    • You'll learn best practice design, coding, testing, delivery.
    Doing all that as a freelancer will be much harder.

sarahk, Jun 26, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. zebidan

zebidan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I guess PYTHON would be better. There are many free courses and a lot of information about it

zebidan, Jun 28, 2021 IP
  8. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    You GUESS PYTHON would be better? Don't you KNOW?

There is a word for LACK OF KNOWLEDGE. That word is "IGNORANT."

mmerlinn, Jun 28, 2021 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  9. usaukclassifieds

usaukclassifieds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a coder, but I know that PYTHON is the greatest language for development, and if you have both PHP and Python abilities, it's a wonderful asset to your professional life. Nowadays, udemy is the finest platform for education since it offers a wide range of software development courses ranging from beginner to expert level.

usaukclassifieds, Jun 29, 2021 IP
  10. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    If PYTHON is the greatest language for development, please explain to me WHY it has not replaced FORTRAN, FOXPRO, COBOL, ADA, and lots of other languages all of which are STILL BEING USED. PYTHON has had THIRTY YEARS to replace them, BUT has NOT.

IF PYTHON was so great, there would be NO demand for COBOL programmers today, yet COBOL programmers are in VERY HIGH DEMAND TODAY.

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/Cobol-Programmer-Salary ($88,468 U.S. national average).

Bottom line is that PYTHON is NOT even good enough to replace programming languages that have been DEAD for DECADES.

mmerlinn, Jun 29, 2021 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  11. charlesh96

charlesh96 Peon

Best Answers:
    Development of mobile applications is very popular now, maybe it is worth looking at what programming languages are used there? or do you want to develop something more serious?

charlesh96, Sep 2, 2021 IP
  12. DulceanaQQ

DulceanaQQ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually, if you're in search of freelance program you can find such ones in the internet, I'm sure there are plenty of such programs for free. I want to warn you that it's not easy as you might think and you will have to dedicate almost all your time in order to learn these programming languages. Nowadays plenty of people dream about having a well-paid job and often they go into programming sphere, nevertheless, I'm convinced that programming sphere isn't the only one where you can find money. There are lots of other spheres, and if you you're not sure that you want to studyf programming, you can choose other activity.

DulceanaQQ, Sep 28, 2021 IP
  13. Helen0909

Helen0909 Peon

Best Answers:
    Without skills, you can't become one. It just doesn't work that way.

Helen0909, Aug 30, 2022 IP
  14. christinabdnr

christinabdnr Peon

Best Answers:
    Use JavaScript in any unclear situations. In general, you need to decide what you want to develop. You can watch the video on YouTube about programming languages and search for what projects on freelance sites you would be interested to do.

christinabdnr, Dec 17, 2022 IP
  15. Andersennesr

Andersennesr Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're considering a career in programming, there are a few things to keep in mind. Freelance programming can be a great entry point, allowing you to work at your own pace and build a portfolio of projects to showcase to future employers. However, it's crucial to first gain a foundation in programming principles. There are numerous resources available online and in libraries to help you get started, and Andersen Software is also a reliable resource for beginners.

Andersennesr, Jan 3, 2023 IP
  16. Bob13

Bob13 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you just need to learn programming languages. And you're good to go. Since you don't have any experience you can open your own company and try to create your first application and put it up for sale, so to speak. I am sure that if a person wants it badly enough he will succeed. The main thing is to pursue this goal and constantly work on yourself and your project.

Bob13, Feb 28, 2023 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend getting a job with mentors to get experience before going it alone. You can still work on an app after hours, in the weekend.
    Even if they're a woman!

sarahk, Feb 28, 2023 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    One of the companies that I am currently involved with is a custom software development company that does work for the government and major manufacturers. They are very, very fussy about whom they will hire because they take on the toughest software challenges. That said, there are projects for which they will hire relatively newbie software developers to work on larger teams with more experienced developers. Do you want to know what impresses the hiring team most? It is your github work. The young developers with the most active, creative, cool, etc., projects on github have the best chance of getting hired. I suspect that it is the same with many such companies.

jrbiz, Mar 2, 2023 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  19. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I remember back in the day, it was either 2008 or 2009. I was working with an advertising firm back then. I was living in L.A. (North Hollywood) We flew out to San Francisco to meet with some of the young execs from a company called Logical Awesome LLC. They later changed their name to Github. I remember two of them Tom and Chris, as coming off as intelligent but hyper. :)

Spoiltdiva, Mar 2, 2023 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Whenever we vacation in SoCal, North Hollywood is our preferred place to stay.

jrbiz, Mar 3, 2023 IP