1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get a Wiki article about a company?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Yez16, Nov 4, 2022.

Maybe someone had experience? There are a lot of offers on freelance marketplaces that can make a turnkey Wikipedia article about the company. What experience did you have, are they guaranteed to make this article or is it better not to contact them and write the article yourself? We are developing a project management tool, and we have traffic in the region of 13k people per day. There are no outstanding links, such as Forbes, but I think we can find some good resources for building links in the wiki article.

Yez16, Nov 4, 2022 IP
  2. seobeena

seobeena Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may try yourself, there has a team in wikipedia. they will guide you. Dont publish your page, make it in draft. Wiki team will see and guide you.

seobeena, Nov 9, 2022 IP
  3. Yez16

Yez16 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. My colleague already tried to make an article and publish it, made a bunch of edits, but could not publish it. Maybe turn to the regular wiki editors that are on the freelance exchanges?

Yez16, Nov 9, 2022 IP
    seobeena likes this.
  4. Wan Bo

Wan Bo Member

Best Answers:
    It is really difficult to create a Wikipedia page. The first thing is you need news articles about your company or anything. Wikipedia always believes in sources. Another thing is don't let Wikipedia understand that your company creating pages itself.
    I have tried to create a Wikipedia page for my company and in the last failed so I hired someone just to create a backlink.
    Before creating your page please read Wikipedia rules carefully. If your company has not had enough credentials then don't waste time. Frist publish some news, not Press releases. But good press releases can make news also.

Wan Bo, Nov 10, 2022 IP
  5. Yez16

Yez16 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks! I think we have enough external links from good resources. You said that you hired someone, can you remember who? And how much it cost, I see offers for $850, this is an adequate price. They write that they are editors on Wikipedia.

Yez16, Nov 16, 2022 IP
  6. Wan Bo

Wan Bo Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. I hired someone from Upwork but only to create a backlink because my website has not had enough resources to create a Wikipedia page. If you need his profile I will send your inbox.

Wan Bo, Nov 20, 2022 IP
  7. Yez16

Yez16 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, I thought you hired a Wiki editor who wrote the article and published it. But send that person's details, just in case.

Yez16, Nov 20, 2022 IP
  8. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The easiest way is to hire somebody to do the job. I know, it'll be $500+ to create a page for you but once it's done, you'll stay there forever.

praetserge, Nov 21, 2022 IP
  9. Yez16

Yez16 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you created a wiki article through someone else? Was there such an experience?

Yez16, Nov 22, 2022 IP
  10. Yez16

Yez16 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Has anyone had experience buying wiki texts from editors?

Yez16, Nov 27, 2022 IP
  11. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Newly created pages will get put in a queue to be checked by editors. You also run a risk of a page later getting removed even if created by an editor from a freelance marketplace. Google uses Wikipedia as one of the top sources for thier knowledge graph, and not easy to get on Wikipedia. Nor do they include every company, service or product that exists.

Your best chance is to become seen an entity and referenced in a "project management software" article. Wikipedia doesn't currently have a "project management tool" page.

I'd do a legitimate Press Release, then hire a Digital PR agency to get mentions in the top publications in the world like The New York Times, etc (HARO).

I would personally pay $5k for a page in Wikipedia as it's one of the best links you could ever get on the internet. It's probably one of the strictest, most updated, most visited, respected and a top source for Google's (and others) knowledge graph. It's my go-to for which entities to include within my content to out rank competitors.

kjh-08, Dec 12, 2022 IP
  12. norfa

norfa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wikipedia always believes in sources. Make sure you have enough articles about your company use them as sources. if not then first publish some news about your company. and follow the guidelines given by Wikipedia itself.

norfa, Dec 12, 2022 IP
  13. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Update: I got a wikipedia backlink as a reference in a relevant companies page last week.

kjh-08, Feb 9, 2023 IP
  14. Daniel165

Daniel165 Member

Best Answers:
    First, create a Wikipedia account and ensure that you meet their notability guidelines for company articles then research and write a well-sourced article with a neutral point of view, citing reliable sources and avoiding conflicts of interest. Submit the article for review by the Wikipedia community.

Daniel165, May 4, 2023 IP
  15. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    Wikipedia links are not that difficult to obtain, provided that you have a relevant substantive blog on the subject from which you can obtain additional information for a given wikipedia entry.

Gamerseo, May 8, 2023 IP