1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So... is Ron DeSantis going to run then?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by qwikad.com, Jul 25, 2022.

The mainstream media is liking Trump now. Can you believe that? And Pence. Hmmm...

I am thinking they are terrified that Ron is going to run.

[​IMG]

He might actually win.

qwikad.com, Jul 25, 2022 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that Trump is the person to beat and DeSantis knows it. However, my "dream team" is Trump/DeSantis in 2024. I think that they would be unbeatable and then VP DeSantis would only have to wait 4 years to assume the mantle, unlike the 8 year wait that most VP's tend to face. We could have another 12 years of prosperity like we did with Reagan/Bush I after the Carter debacle, if they went that route. Biden is making Carter look good; I knew it would be bad but not this bad and a Trump/DeSantis ticket would win in such a landslide that the Left could not cheat their way to a win this time like they did in 2020. Pence who?

jrbiz, Jul 28, 2022 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't be so sure. Personally, I wouldn't vote for Trump again. My guess is I am not alone in that. Don had a chance and he blew it (despite all the successes that he had along the way). Ron, on the other hand, can use FL as an example of his ongoing success. Musk is one of those billionaires who is not afraid to speak his mind out (and I believe the sentiment is shared by other wealthy CEOs) and he leans towards supporting Ron for president. It doesn't necessarily determine anything, but it does show Ron's likeability. FL would support him wholeheartedly. I wouldn't trust a single survey by the mainstream media regarding his chances of beating his opponents. My hunch is they are much higher than what they want to make us believe they are. But, yeah, Trump's era is over.

qwikad.com, Aug 1, 2022 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, if it is Biden vs Trump in 2024, you are voting for Biden (or Harris, or Buttigieg, or some other crazed leftist?)

jrbiz, Aug 1, 2022 IP
  5. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Good question. I immediately thought: I am not voting then.
    I'll be thinking about this and make my decision when we get there. Everything can/will change!

6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Would like to hear more as to why you are so down on Trump. His accomplishments were unmatched in my lifetime. Yes, he had the Swamp and media lined up against him and he was a brassy New Yorker, but so what? I will take mean tweets to get his economy and foreign policy back. I was originally unhappy with him for not being able to prevent the 2020 theft of his election, but when you dig into the details of how and where it was stolen, it may have been impossible for anyone to have overcome the Left's machinations.

jrbiz, Aug 1, 2022 IP
    Corwin likes this.
  7. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Right off the top of my head: His inability to choose the right people for the job. From the vice prez to his chief medical advisor. The amount of people that joined and then left the cabinet was astounding. By some estimates his "A Team" lost close to 90% of the original people. It's high, unreasonable turnover. I understand it happens under every president, but under Trump it was unjustified. Brassy should not mean unable to work with anybody.

Corwin likes this.
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, his personnel problems were an issue; he made some really bad choices and hired too many people that were, in fact, disloyal to him and secretly against his policies. In his defense, he had to hire tens of thousands of people in a very short time and it mostly had to be from a candidate pool that he had not really known or ever hired from before: politicians, bureaucrats, etc. After all, you cannot hire all newbies from the business world that you know and trust to run the government; you have to hire people with relevant experience for many of these jobs. What I think caught him most off guard was the high percentage of snakes and weasels in that fetid hiring pool. Toward the end of his term, he made some really good hires like John Ratcliffe as DNI. Had Ratcliffe been DNI for the full four years, he may have had the chance to eliminate some of the Chinese infiltration and corruption of the intelligence services that we are suffering under now. And note, despite his hiring problems, Trump's success with the economy, foreign policy, and much more is unmatched in our lifetimes.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    jrbiz, Aug 1, 2022 IP
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, the lamestream media had to have been salivating over Hurricane Ian and being able to blame DeSantis for any perceived failure (like they did with Katrina for George W, Covid for Trump, etc.) They don't seem to have gotten much traction, however. I know that he is doing a pretty good job with the cleanup and also is not afraid to push back hard at the Fake News, but I am surprised that their leftist playbook does not seem to be working on this one. Any thoughts on this?

jrbiz, Oct 11, 2022 IP
  10. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    It looks to me right now nobody is super enthusiastic about Crist. You know his history (switching parties etc.). I think, in general, undecided Floridians have more dislike for Crist than DeSantis. The media knows that and so they are not pushing their false narrative too hard, afraid that they may scare away those undecided voters.

qwikad.com, Oct 11, 2022 IP
  11. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Yeah, he's like Donald without the excessive drama:

qwikad.com, Oct 21, 2022 IP
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That will change if and when he runs for president. Remember, it was the Democrats/Swamp and the Fake News that concocted 90% of the "drama" around Trump because they were so scared of him. They were so scared of him because he was the first president in modern history to not be beholden to large donors (Swamp people) for his campaign. They will turn their lies and hysteria onto DeSantis if he becomes a candidate now or in the years ahead.

jrbiz, Oct 29, 2022 IP
  13. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Nov 6, 2022 IP
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is a shame that Ron's ego has gotten in the way of what would be an unstoppable ticket: Trump/DeSantis. If he waited his turn as VP (it would only be four years) we could be looking at winning the next three presidential elections. Instead, he is annoying a lot of Trump loyalists and may not recover from it.

jrbiz, Nov 6, 2022 IP
  15. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    If Trump truly cared about the US, he'd now stand behind DeSantis 100%. It's never been about the US. It's always been about Trump. 100% all the time. One guy on Twitter said: "I'll take DeSantis over Trump in 2024. Trump needs to bow out in a way that leads DeSantis to victory. He is the only one standing in the way of his own movement." I agree with that. It's not going to happen, of course, so we're going to be witnessing a nasty, fierce fight. (If DeSantis decides to run that is, I wish he'd stop hinting and just say plainly whether he will or not).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    qwikad.com, Nov 6, 2022 IP
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You can say the same thing about DeSantis. No one at that level of politics is anything but ego-driven. Trump has the right to run again. DeSantis should gracefully bow out.

jrbiz, Nov 6, 2022 IP
  17. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Oh, look, he realized the mistake he made:

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1589376510338617344

That's more like it, that's more presidential. It was the wise Ronald Reagan who said back in 1966 quoting the so-called Eleventh Commandment: "Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican."

qwikad.com, Nov 7, 2022 IP
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The Republicans have always had trouble staying unified. Unlike the Democrats, of course, who march in total, unthinking lockstep on basically all issues. It makes the leftist propaganda much easier to spread when there is no dissension in the ranks.

jrbiz, Nov 7, 2022 IP
  19. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    If this guy wins, he'll do a ton of good to the US. The other alternative will be a terrible mistake (again). Please, do watch the video:

qwikad.com, Mar 14, 2023 IP
  20. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have duel French and Canadian citizenship. None of that does me a bit of good in an American election. But if I could vote it would be for as yet undeclared DeSantis. But for the love of God please keep Cancun Ted out!:eek:

Spoiltdiva, Mar 14, 2023 IP