1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any fast Wordpress Website theme like this?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by mikehende, Oct 10, 2022.

Hey guys, I am a pc tech and I need to build a new site now but would like to purchase a WP theme which has the speed of this site:

https://kaylasloan.com/about

Any referrals/links please or at least tell me how I can go about finding a WP theme based on speed?

mikehende, Oct 10, 2022 IP
  2. Wan Bo

Wan Bo Member

Best Answers:
    It is not just a theme that makes your site faster, but too much server/hosting and site content can slow it down. However, as you are looking for a WordPress theme, there are some platforms and independent websites to buy WordPress themes.
    1. Themeforest (A lot of WP themes there. Just choose your suitable one.)
    2. Divi theme (independent and one of the best WP themes)
    3. Astra theme (independent and one of the best WP themes)
    And there are lots of themes available on the internet. I use Newspaper theme for my blog and Flatsome for an e-commerce website. They are not super fast because of my hosting but I am happy.
    Choose a theme that is perfect for your business. Before purchasing check the rating and comment also.

Wan Bo, Oct 10, 2022 IP
  3. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for a good and fast theme, I recommend Divi

Gamerseo, Oct 10, 2022 IP
  4. mikehende

mikehende Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is what was confusing me guys, I had thought it was the theme itself which determines the loading speed. This would explain why the last theme I had, it's demo was fast loading but slowed down after I was finished with it, thanks for the help and referrals!

mikehende, Oct 11, 2022 IP
  5. Serp Solace

Serp Solace Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best themes we use have been: Astra & Generatepress. Couple those two themes with minimal plugins and you'll have a fast site also it's best to hook up to the Cloudflare free plan.

Serp Solace, Oct 11, 2022 IP
  6. mikehende

Best Answers:
    Thanks, looking into Cloudflare right now I am seeing to get hacking security one would need the Paid plan.

I am mostly looking at kADENCE right now for a theme:

https://wordpress.org/themes/kadence/

7. Serp Solace

Serp Solace Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can select the Cloudflare Free plan, it'll give you basic DDos protection & a CDN. You don't need to pay for it.

Kadence theme is pretty good as well. Mostly these days we use generate press and astra. Be sure to keep your plugins minimal though. Loads of plugins slow down your site.

8. mikehende

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I have been using A2 Hosting for a couple of years now after having been hacked trying some of the top hosting sites like siteground, Bluehost and a couple others. A2 offers good hacking prevention and their site loading speed shows 286 ms, how does Cloudflare compare with websites loading speed please?

9. Serp Solace

Serp Solace Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cloudflare have atutorial you should read, it'll help with site speed: https://www.cloudflare.com/en-gb/learning/performance/speed-up-a-website/
    In general We've noticed a big increase in site speed by using cloudflare. the DDOs protection they offer is an added bonus, lol.

10. mikehende

Best Answers:
    Great, thanks for the link and info. I guess what I can do is signup for the free plan, build the new site on it then compare speed with my old site currently hosted on A2.

11. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Generatepress and Blocksy are both great options.

cronik, Oct 11, 2022 IP
  12. Wan Bo

Wan Bo Member

Best Answers:
    There are some ways you can make your site faster. Most of the hosting packages provide CDN service these days. Be sure whether your hosting provider offers CDN with your hosting plan.
    • Use the cache plugin (it will dramatically increase your site faster. Be sure to read your current theme documentation).
    • Upload webp image format or install webp converter.
    • Always try to upload videos on YouTube or video-uploading sites to share with your site.

Wan Bo, Oct 12, 2022 IP
  13. zakchary

zakchary Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks, looking into Cloudflare right now I am seeing to get hacking security one would need the Paid plan.
    I am mostly looking at kADENCE right now for a theme for smartgeekhome.

zakchary, Oct 25, 2022 IP
  14. Kaloyan SEO

Kaloyan SEO Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Any theme with less JS will do. As few as possible plugins. Turn images into WebP format and signup for CloudFlare. Your blog/website will be as fast as possible.

Kaloyan SEO, Oct 25, 2022 IP
  15. ccp2021

ccp2021 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I often find quite good themes on Themeforest that are quite fast we tend to also custom build themes with clean code it makes things a bit easier if you need any help feel free to reach out

we have a web hosting platform hosthelp.net/hosting that has different optimisation tools to speed up websites currently the average load time from our hosting platform is less than 3 seconds

ccp2021, Oct 26, 2022 IP
  16. chahfane

chahfane Peon

Best Answers:
    I am mostly looking at kADENCE right now for a theme for smartgeekhome https://swivelchairs.org/.

chahfane, Jan 13, 2023 IP
  17. wpchop

wpchop Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't require any specific functionality from the theme then I would avoid most of the themes from themeforest. These themes are packed with stuff you won't need and makes the site difficult to be otpimized.
    For simple sites go for block themes or even FSE themes from WordPress repository. There are quite a few really good themes over there.
    With a good theme + a good hosting + not many plugins you can get scores in PageSpeed lover 90/100 on mobile even without any caching plugins.

wpchop, Mar 18, 2023 IP
  18. Simona Claps

Simona Claps Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend you to try Kadence theme once. Its very light and easily loading theme. Not only light but very easy to use. This website https://proinsports.net is also made on Kadence theme.
    If you need further assistance in using I can help you in that. Thanks.

Simona Claps, Mar 30, 2023 IP