1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get project using freelancer

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by abdulpathaan, Sep 11, 2022.

hello everyone

can you explain me how to get projects using freelancer i have already watch many video but not get any projects.

abdul rehman

abdulpathaan, Sep 11, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    • Get a portfolio
    • Do a free project for a local charity
    • Join networking organisations like BNI
    • Door knock on local businesses
    • Maintain a profile at credible freelancing websites
    You don't state what you've done, what has worked for you and what hasn't, not even your preferred project so can't help much more than that.

sarahk, Sep 11, 2022 IP
  3. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    1. Change your skills as services, that you may offer.
    2. Define your ideal client.
    3. Build your portfolio and profiles.
    4. Market your services to clients, use some marketplaces.
    5. Capture the results/gaps, analyze the output at each step, and attune your approach to keep growing.

MargoFarrel, Sep 12, 2022 IP
  4. abdulpathaan

abdulpathaan Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for your reply

Dear Sir
    i understand your point my profile is good but problem is my English

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2022
    abdulpathaan, Sep 13, 2022 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's a pretty safe bet that someone with this profile card is a woman. How about dropping the ridiculous "Sir" altogether?
    upload_2022-9-14_10-11-46.png
    You can work on improving your English while you focus on local companies for contracts. It's much easier to get work, to look professional etc if you are using a language you're comfortable with.

sarahk, Sep 13, 2022 IP
  6. Wan Bo

Wan Bo Member

Best Answers:
    To work as a freelancer, you need to be proficient in the English language. In the absence of English skills, you will not be able to communicate with the clients. In addition, there are a few other important factors to consider.
    1. The client will ask for a portfolio or sample of your previous work. If you don't have any sample work, then offer free or inexpensive services to build one.
    2. Write a good cover letter.
    3. Be patient and keep trying.
    4. Create your own website or project to demonstrate your knowledge to clients.
    5. Be an expert in one sector. Don't try to learn everything.
    Best of luck

Wan Bo, Sep 16, 2022 IP
  7. abdulpathaan

Best Answers:
    thnx sir

abdulpathaan, Sep 20, 2022 IP
  8. abdulpathaan

Best Answers:
    thank you sir

abdulpathaan, Sep 20, 2022 IP
  9. Pour Over

Pour Over Peon

Best Answers:
    I know its literally very hard to take off from freelancer or any other platform but one quick hack which is not so ethical is, let your friends outside the platform create a project and award it to you and the completion rates will start pushing your upwards in the lot. I hope you get my point. Its unethical for sure but definitely gives you a jumpstart.

Pour Over, Sep 23, 2022 IP
  10. bemarnet

bemarnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a little guide for you:

1) Create a portofolio. You don't need clients for that. Just show projects you've done for yourself.
    2) Create a linkedin group + page, and promote yourself there. (Not easy as you will need to build a following - However don't spam.)
    3) Create a facebook group. But not about yourself, but the niche related to your skill. Then propose your services to those who seem to need it according to their messages.
    4) Like our colleagues already precised above, improve your English, as it is very important in term of credibility & communication. (No shade, my English isn't perfect either.)
    5) Start a team, and share jobs that you will find together. It will increase your visibilty via your colleague's visibilty, and so, it will also increase your chances to find clients.
    6) Start a website where you will promote your services, and work on the SEO to receive traffic.
    7) Don't hesitate to sign up to other freelance services to increase your chances to find clients. Here's a little list:
    • Fiverr.
    • Upwork.
    • Solidgigs.
    • FlexJobs.

If you follow all the advices, you will start finding clients very fast.

Good luck!

bemarnet, Sep 23, 2022 IP
    cronik likes this.
  11. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've never had much success with Freelancer's website, but Upwork and Fiverr have been relatively easy to get started on.

With Fiverr, research services you can offer, and create your first 5 gigs with nice custom images to grab the users' attention. I have found that keeping a tab open to stay online at all times (or keeping a mobile app open) helps a lot. Seriously, I've tested this many times. My wife is a top-rated freelancer on there and she agrees as well.

Upwork has something similar called "My Projects" - you can offer the same services on here as Fiverr or try new ones. Other than that, start out by applying for all of the easiest and quickest jobs you can do to get your first few reviews. There are a lot of jobs that will claim they're okay working with a new freelancer on the site - they usually want work done for cheap. But the first few reviews are well worth it.

Looking forward to reading advice on Freelancer, as this one is challenging for me. I don't like how the pricing is often mixed with different currencies, it's just not user-friendly at all IMO. Maybe it's just me? Oh well, the other 2 are great.

But seriously, the best route to take is something similar to - or exactly the same as outlined by @bemarnet - as you never want to rely on one platform.

cronik, Sep 27, 2022 IP
  12. abdulpathaan

Best Answers:
    thnx sir

abdulpathaan, Oct 3, 2022 IP
  13. abdulpathaan

Best Answers:
    Thnx for your information

abdulpathaan, Oct 3, 2022 IP
  14. dakh

dakh Peon

Best Answers:
    Focus on working on your own website. I don't hire any people at freelancer . .com because the platform is not really serious to me.

dakh, Oct 3, 2022 IP
  15. Serp Solace

Serp Solace Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    100% This. Besides why rely on third party sites who could ban you any second? It's always better to own the customer, after all.

Serp Solace, Oct 5, 2022 IP
    cronik likes this.