1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Plugin for WordPress to build a website.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Andrzej Wilczynski, Sep 19, 2021.

Looking for advise for best plugin to build a manage professional website. First that comes to mind is Elementor, but what I am looking for is not the easiest setup, but most professional and flexible.

I will be honest at this point, I don't like WordPress besides using it for blogging, but one of my clients is heading this direction and I have no choice but to do WP or loose the account. And this website is very demanding.

And don't get me wrong, I had build WP sites in the past, just tried to avoid it as I mostly build using simple PHP framework for simple side and my custom CMS based on CodeIgniter framework where needed. Thanks.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Sep 19, 2021 IP
  2. Andrzej Wilczynski

Andrzej Wilczynski Member

Best Answers:
    I am really surprised there is no followup here. Anyone with suggestions?

Andrzej Wilczynski, Sep 21, 2021 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    What exactly do you mean by manage?
    and professional website

Many would argue that you can't put a professional website on WordPress
    And is managing just the editing and moderating of new content?
    or the moderation of users?
    Is it going to be a standard blog with a few static pages?

or does the reference to elementor mean you're more worried about managing the layout?
    how often does it need to change?
    how tech literate are the people who will be "managing it"?

sarahk, Sep 21, 2021 IP
  4. Andrzej Wilczynski

Best Answers:
    These are all good questions. Here's the situation. I don't like WordPress, but my biggest client wants it. So I have a choice between loosing a client and doing WP. The reason he want's WP is that two SEO companies he works with recommend that (I believe they work with WP and don't know how to work with anything else). We have a good PHP website that I can easily manage, it is secure and has everything to work properly.

When I say professional I mean that it will have custom design, a lot of pages and functionality such as forms, connection with external CRM system, a lot of galleries, videos and newsletter subscription. Site is managed frequently it has tones of pages and a huge blog (by the way blog is of course WP).

I will have a custom graphic design and programmers capable of doing necessary programming to set it up. And I want to achieve the best possible site and also have an option to make frequent updates.

I consider myself very literate, but WP is not my forte. I don't do programming but I can easily manage my current PHP site as I know html and css (I work mostly in a code view).
    I hope this sheds a bit more light on what I am looking for, but I can answer any other questions.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Sep 22, 2021 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    One advantage with having a well known CMS is that if your relationship goes bad you aren't tied to something bespoke. It's why I recommend independent hosting too.

It'll be super easy to set all that up, your challenge is going to be avoiding bloat so you may end up having to rewrite some of the plugins so that they're only doing what you need.

sarahk, Sep 22, 2021 IP
  6. Andrzej Wilczynski

Best Answers:
    I have my own VPS server. I had it bought as what is called Bare Metal and set up everything what is needed on my own. If I will be using any plugins, then I will probably go after these well known ones and paid.

But I am still wondering if there are any basic plugins that would make the process easier form me to build and manage the site?

Andrzej Wilczynski, Sep 22, 2021 IP
  7. Andrzej Wilczynski

Best Answers:
    I have my own CRM, so that is not an issue. I am asking as sometimes clients are fixed on WordPress. In some cases I can reason with them in some int is WP period. I am not a big fan of using WP, except for blogs, but that is a reality.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Nov 29, 2021 IP
  8. Yafet Yotor

Yafet Yotor Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the bellow plugins
    1. Ninja Forms
    2. Elementor
    3. WooCommerce
    4. YOAST SEO/Rank maths
    5. BROKEN LINK CHECKER

Yafet Yotor, Dec 2, 2021 IP
  9. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    Elementor is definitely the most popular and most used plugin as it's pretty simple and you can create a website by it, even if you don't have knowledge about site building. You can later connect it with Woocommerce if you want to have an online store and insert other plugins for SEO and work on optimization.

VortexAlpha, Jan 11, 2022 IP
  10. Ashton Kirkeide

Ashton Kirkeide Peon

Best Answers:
    I like Elemetor, but you really need the professional version with SEO plugins to make it work. Divi Builder is another good option, but can be labor intensive for setup.

There are many templated themes you can use as a foundation for your build. These have limitations, too, on the customization front.

Ashton Kirkeide, Jul 24, 2022 IP
  11. KF7385

KF7385 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a big fan of Elementor. It's tough to start out with (I contracted with someone to set it up), but now it's super easy for the day to day.

KF7385, Jul 26, 2022 IP
  12. imuncutno1

imuncutno1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am easy with Elegant premade layout to build any website.
    For plugins, can consider
    1. All in one SEO
    2. Yoast SEO
    3. SEOPress
    4. Rank Math SEO
    5. Duplicator Pro
    6. Smush Pro
    7. WP Fastest Cache Premium
    8. WP Optimize Premium
    9. WP Rocket Premium
    10. MonsterInsights
    11. WP Compress
    12. iThemes Security Pro
    13. WP Guard
    Cheers!
    Have a great day

imuncutno1, Jul 28, 2022 IP
  13. Pics4You

Pics4You Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should try popular themes likes Avada, Divi, The7 ... Avada is the most popular and very easy theme to manage. That was my first theme 8 years ago when I started. You can check all of them on themeforest.

Pics4You, Aug 3, 2022 IP
  14. Andrzej Wilczynski

Best Answers:
    Themes are not what I am interested in, as I create my own layouts. I am interested in plugin that allows me to set everything up and create an effective option to manage the site from the back end. Theme is only look and feel and if you are a professional developer you should not use them and create your own custom layouts. Using themes is a cookie cutter approach.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Aug 4, 2022 IP
  15. Pics4You

Pics4You Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Themes have paid plugins wich you would pay more if you buy alone. You do not need to use themes wich they have, you can use plain theme and custom and design as you wish.

Pics4You, Aug 4, 2022 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So what's missing from the default WordPress admin?

sarahk, Aug 4, 2022 IP
  17. Andrzej Wilczynski

Best Answers:
    Management tool allowing me to set up a website such as elementor or divi. I have received a lot of followup here but nothing concrete in regards to best setup (I know this is something that
    people are very opinionated about) when building and than managing the site.

I use my own CMS based on CodeIgniter, but some clients are very fixed on WordPress so I am trying to learn here.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Aug 5, 2022 IP
  18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @Andrzej Wilczynski I'm confused, you don't want elementor but you do want elementor? What features do they add that you need? If you create your own layouts it's pretty simple to write a settings plugin and let your layouts access your settings.

sarahk, Aug 5, 2022 IP
  19. Andrzej Wilczynski

Best Answers:
    Sorry if I confused everyone. It is not that I don't want elementor. I am looking for other setups that are working elementor like. Basically, I am looking at option to set up website quickly on WordPress platform and use a plugin that can speed that up, but allow for total customization and is popular enough so it will be supported and any WP developer would know it.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Aug 6, 2022 IP
  20. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that unicorn doesn't exist. Some are well known but does every WP developer know them, not necessarily. Divi does a really good job but the learning curve is steep and then it'll break and you're reliant on divi support to unbreak it. With every bell and whistle comes the risk of bloat both in terms of file size & generation speed - and worst of all, security vulnerabilities. You need to decide which builder gives you the best mix of risk and reward when combined with your skill set.

sarahk, Aug 6, 2022 IP