1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A set of wooden fences

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by alexnovi, Jul 6, 2022.

A wooden fence serves both safety and beauty purposes at the same time. Wood plays an indispensable role in any interior decoration, and for this reason, it is used more than other fences made of glass or stone. There are countless uses of them that make them more popular. Wooden fences are used in environments where many devices are not used. In fact, its environment is quieter. And as an affordable choice that has easy and cheap installation, it is the best choice.

alexnovi, Jul 6, 2022 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    And your reason for posting this in an Internet Marketing forum is??? And "glass fences"? Have never seen or heard of such a thing.

BTW, I totally disagree with using wooden fences because they require maintenance (e.g., repairing, painting, etc.) on a fairly regular basis. I put a large, stockade fence in my backyard years ago and insisted that it be made of PVC and decking materials that require no maintenance.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    jrbiz, Jul 8, 2022 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Agreed. I've got a wooden fence, it looks old. It's only about 7-8 years old. They look gorgeous when they're first installed, then, after a few years, they turn into this (not an actual photo):

istockphoto-1340736284-170667a.jpg

The Floridian sun just kills them. My next one will be vinyl.

qwikad.com, Jul 11, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    For cosmetic reasons I went with grey stone in front, and for financial reasons went with wood for the 80% that is hidden by trees. The wood was treated then painted a dark brown, and still looks pretty good.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 11, 2022 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Don't they just need a fresh coat of wood stain?

sarahk, Jul 11, 2022 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Cedar doesn't require staining. It's gorgeous when it's brand new:

wood-fence-pace-florida-fence-company-05.jpg

I'd say 95% of the people here never paint/stain them. The reason being they look great when they are new (I'd say for the first 4-5 years) and secondly staining won't help much or for too long. Just like with everything else here (shingle roofs, outside walls, even concrete and asphalt) our sun "scorches" everything. Even the asphalt roads here go from black (when new) to gray (sometimes light gray) within 2-3 years.

qwikad.com, Jul 11, 2022 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Up here in New England, we have Cape Cod style houses with cedar shingles. New shingles are brown as you show above, but they weather and turn gray after a few years and that is the desired look for these homes. A Cape Cod cottage is usually sided with gray cedar shingles.

Supposedly, they are no maintenance and last for 25 years or so. Used a lot at the beach where they take a pounding from the salt air, storms, etc.

Attached Files:

jrbiz, Jul 11, 2022 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That's crazy. With NZ's hole in the ozone layer, we're used to the sun being harsher than other places. Our asphalt bubbles in summer but it doesn't bleach!

Right now I'm on holiday with a friend and we haven't used sunscreen all week, if we were at home we'd have burnt.

sarahk, Jul 12, 2022 IP