1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I think my competition is buying spammy backlinks for MY website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by agentofchaos, May 24, 2022.

Does anyone know where .xyz and .biz high spam backlinks could have come from? Domain authority went down. Found quite a few. We don't buy backlinks so we're not behind it. Could someone Should I disavow them?

Examples:

ww25 (dot) foreva (dot) biz / page250 / (something)-near-me . html

faucet (dot) bitzfly (dot) xyz/ page250 / (something)-near-me . html

Attached Files:

agentofchaos, May 24, 2022 IP
  2. agentofchaos

agentofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    ignore the could i before "should i disavow"

agentofchaos, May 24, 2022 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google will ignore them, so should you.

Agent000, May 24, 2022 IP
  4. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    How many backlinks are you talking about? If just a few, I would ignore it. More than that, disavow. I am not certain what Google's policy is on spammy links now, but it was proven several years back to damage ranking. Google doesn't care about DA and neither should you, except in these circumstances to discover a problem.

Oso Optimized, May 24, 2022 IP
  5. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These type of links (one or two) are best left alone.. Google will simply ignore them anyway.

Disavow tool is a powerful tool. If OP doesn't know what he or she is doing then it can do more damage then good.

mrb1129, May 24, 2022 IP
    Oso Optimized likes this.
  6. Oso Optimized

Best Answers:
    SEO isn't for the faint of heart ;) But you must be ready to remove the disavow file if you harm your ranking. And you must watch closely afterward.
    It's a rarity that you actually have to go to the trouble to disavow, but there are some extremely competitive businesses out there that will try to harm competitors in this way.

Oso Optimized, May 25, 2022 IP
  7. agentofchaos

agentofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    It's about 150 links right now. I'm worried that they're going to keep coming in and was wondering if I should just do a monthly audit.

I'm well versed in technical SEO but have never done off-page which is why I'm kind of freaking out. We have a high DA due to being a popular business in the area. It was weird seeing 167 discovered backlinks but domain authority going down.

agentofchaos, May 25, 2022 IP
  8. Oso Optimized

Best Answers:
    Have you noticed any loss in ranking?

Oso Optimized, May 25, 2022 IP
  9. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on how many spam links there are and how many percent of the total number are spam links. With the current policy, it's hard to get a penalty for links, but you definitely need to monitor your link profile.

Gamerseo, May 25, 2022 IP
  10. mrb1129

Best Answers:
    All depends on the situation itself.

Majority of the time, webmasters reaction is like "OMG OMG !! somebody is trying to harm me, disavow them immediately"..

What they forget is that. Google is perfectly capable of judging links..If they have any suspicion then Google shall decide just to ignore it.

mrb1129, May 25, 2022 IP
  11. Oso Optimized

Best Answers:
    Historically, this has not been true. Although they publicly say that they do not penalize for spammy links, some of the SEOs in a prior forum did a test to prove that they in fact DO penalize for such links. It has been a few years now, so I am not certain about their current policy. But they do like to police the internet, so it is still suspect to me. They have an established track record of saying one thing, and doing another.

Oso Optimized, May 26, 2022 IP
  12. mrb1129

Best Answers:
    Yes, in the past. I remember back in 2018 had to undergo several changes for many sites because G doens't liked it.

mrb1129, May 26, 2022 IP
  13. sageshark

sageshark Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just wonder why people rule out the value of DA by Moz and DR by AHREF. It is true that even though they are not proposed by Google, these metrics are good indicator of website value. YOU SHOULD NOT IGNORE THESE METRICS.

As far as the spammy backlinks generated for your websites are concerned, you should immediately disavow them. Your competitors will keep building them for you but you should be vigilant about your backlink profile and keep cleaning it on a monthly basis, weekly if required.

sageshark, Jun 5, 2022 IP
  14. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I always ignore those metrics. They count for nothing.
    Why waste time on doing that? Google just ignores spam links now and they do not do any harm.

Agent000, Jun 5, 2022 IP