1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Use ServiceNow forms for outbound post calls

Discussion in 'Programming' started by jagathg, May 16, 2022.

I am trying to use the servicenow form field to populate the values of an external application with a create api call.
    My attempt was to create a servicenow application with studio. In studio, I clicked "Create Application File and I was able to add the api endpoint, and I ran the test to make a post call to the api. And when I went to the api application, the value was there; so that's great! Now I'm trying to add a form to the servicenow application, so that the values added to the fields will not only show in servicenow, but also to the api. Is this possible, and how do I go about doing this?

jagathg, May 16, 2022 IP
  2. Isoludopex

Isoludopex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That shouldn't be a problem. You can create a Scripted Rest API (SN Documentation - https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/rome-application-development/page/integrate/custom-web-services/concept/c_CustomWebServices.html), in which you define what you want to display on a given endpoint. You then use the before Business Rule to send the data from the form to the endpoint. I'm sure the servicenow community can advise you more.

Isoludopex, May 16, 2022 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    A good thing @Isoludopex turned up, that website isn't easy to use. I couldn't even work out what they do.

sarahk, May 24, 2022 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That's probably because their homepage reads like a bullshit bingo card. Goes hand in hand with the fact they basically peddle "services as a service" scam artist nonsense designed to sucker the types who get their IT advice from the pages of Forbes. Which as I've said many the time is akin to getting financial advice from Popular Electronics or Home & Garden.

The language they use to describe what they do being entirely carefully crafted for the progressive paradigm set, thinking outside the box with their no-brainer gameplans.

deathshadow, May 26, 2022 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. Isoludopex

Isoludopex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree with you. I worked for a while for a company that implemented this ServiceNow platform and after a year of brainwashing, I had to quit. Even the new ES6 javascript was not supported for development, which is supposedly about to change. But I want nothing more to do with this platform in the future.

Isoludopex, May 27, 2022 IP