1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Local SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Oso Optimized, Feb 17, 2022.

Have there been any recent changes in the Google Maps results algorithm? One of my client's Top 3 results have changed dramatically in the last couple of months, and I notice the placements seem to change on a daily basis. Can no longer maintain a consistent ranking.

Oso Optimized, Feb 17, 2022 IP
  2. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    There have been some general changes in Google algorithms in November and I think this had a huge impact on different sites and different areas of doing SEO. So, I guess your client faced a drop in ranking because of this, that would be my guess at least. If he didn't change anything on the site recently, the problem shouldn't come from there, but a good idea would be to also check competitors and their behavior, as if they changed something on their site, they might jump on rankings and pull you down.

VortexAlpha, Feb 24, 2022 IP
  3. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    This issue is unrelated to Organic Search. The organic search results are relatively unchanged. I am talking specifically about the Local Results.

Oso Optimized, Feb 24, 2022 IP
  4. Bluedig

Bluedig Peon

Best Answers:
    Start embedding met data into the images you use on the GMB profile - GPs coordinates of the registered office is a big one.

Bluedig, May 13, 2022 IP
    Oso Optimized likes this.
  5. Oso Optimized

Best Answers:
    I already optimize through the properties tab. Can you elaborate on how to embed GPS coordinates?

Oso Optimized, May 13, 2022 IP
  6. Bluedig

Bluedig Peon

Best Answers:
    Tons of tools can do it, easiest is probably this one: make sure it matches exactly what Google Maps say the coordinates of the registered office is. (even if its a little off from the reality, go with what they say)

https://www.batchphoto.com/blog/how-to-add-gps-coordinates-to-photos/

Bluedig, May 13, 2022 IP
    Oso Optimized likes this.
  7. Oso Optimized

Best Answers:
    Oso Optimized, May 13, 2022 IP