1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Significance of signature links in digitalpoint forums?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by bcdxer, Jan 22, 2022.

Significance of signature links in digitalpoint forums?
    are they still useful to consider as backlinks?
    Long back, during 2008s any site links in signature is immediately indexed by google.

bcdxer, Jan 22, 2022 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    To answer it plainly, nothing that was legit in 2008 is applicable to today. Without going into why they are not significant anymore, I can assure you, the sigs are irrelevant when it comes to your site being indexed by Google or ranked higher.

qwikad.com, Jan 23, 2022 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sig on DP forum is nofollow. By its very nature, Google will NOT follow those links therefore no backlink credit. Some nofollow link sellers will tell you otherwise but I have not seen any benefit in ranking from nofollow links.

I have ton of posts on this forum. I can get 9k+ links from DP with 1 signature. If it did anything, I could have ranked any site with just DP signature. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way anymore. I did rank my keywords #1 using forum signatures ONLY before, but those days are long gone.

sultanofseo, Jan 25, 2022 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  4. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    I personally have the signature here, as well as on some other places, and I could say that this can still serve as a pretty stable Off-Site strategy, as it can help in attracting more clicks from links to your site. But, in order for this tactic to be successful, you first must bring something valuable to the community as otherwise, they won't be interested in checking you out.

VortexAlpha, Feb 8, 2022 IP
  5. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there, I think Google and other search engines have become more 'savvy' as have people. Agree with Vortex Alpha, giving value first and foremost. Yes, a signature is brilliant, but no one looks at your signature, your reply comes first!
    If your response is inconsequential, of no value, irrelevant in its nature, whether or not you have a signature doesn't matter, would you not agree?
    Content, first and foremost, then it needs to be relevant. Yes, backlinks good SEO, done correctly.
    Take spamming as an example, some regard it positively (very debatable), yet, sooner or later, you get caught out. So initiate value first, get a backlink out of it all the better, if not, you got your view across.

Harvey Wolf, Feb 13, 2022 IP
  6. Ghettoblastah

Ghettoblastah Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have read a lot of articles and did a lot of SEO, and Google give you some authority with nofollow backlinks. So is always a great idea.

And if you are doing without spam, just in a great forum or blog where you answer questions or help people. Will be always a good backlink strategy.

Of course, 2008 google is so different from 2022 google. Never buy backlinks, because most of them are spammy links and will be bad for you.

Thats what can i say for help you, have a great day!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    Ghettoblastah, Mar 6, 2022 IP
  7. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am confused. "Readed" is not a word. Did you mean "readied?" If so, what did you ready? If not, what do you mean by "readed?"

mmerlinn, Mar 6, 2022 IP
  8. Ghettoblastah

Best Answers:
    Readed I use it as the past of the verb "Read". I have read a lot of seo articles, and of course, also have did SEO to a lot of customers. That is what i wanted to say. English is not my main language, but use correct words. Sorry for the error.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
  9. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So, you meant that you read a lot of articles.

mmerlinn, Mar 6, 2022 IP
  10. Ghettoblastah

Best Answers:
    Is true, thanks for teach me, you will learn something new every day.

11. Platokart

Platokart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I see you're rather experienced in SEO and linkbuilding. Can you help me understand how to place links on forums and don't be banned? Are there any secrets?

Platokart, Mar 11, 2022 IP
  12. DonMikeP

DonMikeP Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the fact that Google knows about your nofollow links is good sign anyways for its algorithms

DonMikeP, May 6, 2022 IP
  13. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i dont think they matter as a backlink its just a good way to get more traffic if you bring value to the comunity

Spartan14, May 8, 2022 IP
  14. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Only one secrets .... show your quality by share your own thoughts by reply or open thread at any forums.
    Show yourself by contributing your best at forums.
    If your link is related to your thread and you have enough credits to place links then ..... why anyone will ban you?
    But if thread is related to something else ..... and you will try to place link by reply something like "I appreciate your knowledge ... i was searching lots on internet but did not found answer .... My Game Website Link" ....... Then to protect forums reputation .... you need to get ban :D

seomanualsubmission, May 8, 2022 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    different forums have different tolerance levels but it's a catch-22: the forums that let you post shitty links aren't the forums you want your links on.

sarahk, May 8, 2022 IP
    seomanualsubmission likes this.
  16. Bukalowongan

Bukalowongan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    backlinks are quite confusing, some say it is necessary, some don't. First, dofollow backlinks are needed. but now it says nofollow backlinks have no effect. all up to google.

Bukalowongan, May 8, 2022 IP
  17. sageshark

sageshark Active Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks, even though if it is gift wrapped with nofollow attribute, if it comes from a high DA site, it holds atleast a liiiiiiitle value. I am not saying link juice will flow, but nofollow from authority site has some value. Not all websites on this planet will give you dofollow link and Google knows that. So Google is OK with nofollow backlinks.

It is also said that your backlink profile should be a mix of Dofollow and Nofollow links. Imagine if you have 100% dofollow links, it will look spammy, isnt it?

Coming to the original topic - Signature backlink.... yes as per this theory the signature link from this forum SHOULD carry some value, even though it is 0.00001%, it is there.

sageshark, Jun 2, 2022 IP
  18. 100simcom

100simcom Peon

Best Answers:
    It still useful.

100simcom, Oct 12, 2022 IP
  19. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    As for links, the nofollow attribute is now only a recommendation and can act as dofollow at times. Dofollow and nofollow links are also important in linking. For example, Wikipedia links are nofollow, and there is research that proves these links work great. However, it is important that the links are thematic and generate traffic to the site. Therefore, it is much better to have one link on the forum that will drive traffic to your website than a few links from your signatures. For google, the best links are always the natural ones that provide value for the user.

Gamerseo, Oct 12, 2022 IP
  20. Warner Williams

Warner Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    The main idea in the overall responses is that Google keeps renovating and improving the way it delivers search responses. Links to your website will always be an important asset. DP is a reputable website in Google's history and as such, will continue to throw some weight on the final ranking of listed sites.

Warner Williams, Oct 13, 2022 IP