1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which eCommerce platform do you prefer and why?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Kim Hoseok, Aug 25, 2021.

I know there are reasons to go with a big solution like Magento for a large company or something more like Shopify for medium business, or WooCommerce for small business, but I just want to hear from everyone on what platform do you prefer and why?

And if you have an opinion on whether or not to use Amazon, curious about your thoughts there.

Kim Hoseok, Aug 25, 2021 IP
  2. Brackwom

Brackwom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    BigCommerce is the best eCommerce platform. I have been with BC for
    1 year. Tech support is best & always available. In amazon, tech support is not good.it is not worth calling customer service.

Brackwom, Aug 25, 2021 IP
  3. Cynthia Moreno

Cynthia Moreno Peon

Best Answers:
    Most ecommerce stores on the internet are built using WooCommerce, that’s for sure. However, this answer differs from person to person and business to business. Personally, I prefer using a solution that is hosted because it saves me a lot of time and effort while setting up stores using open source solutions.

The platform that I use is StoreHippo which is an enterprise e-commerce solution. I like it because it has all the features like marketing integration, shipping, payment, logistics, etc built-in, just ready to use. So it saves me big bucks. Another thing I like about it is the fact that it gives me a lot of flexibility in how I want my store to look. This is one feature that makes people attracted to open-source platforms, but this feature in a hosted platform seems more promising to me, at least.

As for the Amazon part, I wouldn’t prefer it as selling on Amazon might hamper my individual brand. It depends on different businesses and their motives.

Cynthia Moreno, Aug 27, 2021 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is NO ecommerce platform that will do what I want, so I built my own.

mmerlinn, Aug 28, 2021 IP
    sarahk and seomanualsubmission like this.
  5. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Own script or coding is best always.

According to me OpenCart is also not bad but you need to know how to manage ..... At least more better than wordpress woocommerce.

seomanualsubmission, Aug 28, 2021 IP
  6. Shaktimi

Shaktimi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I prefer building my own platform because all the existing platforms have lots of limitations for my purposes.

Shaktimi, Oct 6, 2021 IP
  7. raypayne

raypayne Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to prefer Shopify because It's so easy to use, SEO-friendly, self-hosted with a great loading speed and Its customers support is really outstanding. So Why I do not choose this when I'm getting everything that I need to run my eCommerce site.

raypayne, Oct 20, 2021 IP
  8. jessicaherron9

jessicaherron9 Member

Best Answers:
    BigCommerce is the best overall ecommerce platform. Its robust product search engine makes it ideal for larger retail brands. It's also a good choice for people who want to start an ecommerce store, or who have a brick and mortar store and want to expand their operations to include online orders

jessicaherron9, Nov 7, 2021 IP
  9. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the size of the online store we are talking about. If it's a small online store, one of the better solutions is WooCommerce. Mainly when it comes to costs and access to free add-ons.

Gamerseo, Nov 8, 2021 IP
  10. 4DL

4DL Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Me too, sort of. I'm working on one at the moment.
    I am using woocommerce at the moment though. Heaps of features, just slow.

4DL, Jan 6, 2022 IP
  11. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    From existing e-commerce platforms, I would say Shopify is the best one as here you have a bunch of different options for setting up the store and there are some great metrics and analytics parameters that you can follow. On the other hand, the best option would be to create your own platform and modify it completely according to your wishes, but that you can only do if you have enough money to invest and if your business requires a more personalized store.

VortexAlpha, Jan 14, 2022 IP
  12. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    WRONG! ALL you need is a computer, which is available for FREE or at little cost. If you cannot afford that, then YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO BE IN BUSINESS.

mmerlinn, Jan 14, 2022 IP
  13. Marione Payott

Marione Payott Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been running an e-store on Woo for 3 years already and in my case it works greatly.

Marione Payott, Jul 19, 2022 IP
  14. Wyatt East

Wyatt East Peon

Best Answers:
    Choosing a marketplace payment solution I think PayPal is the best, I choose it because of its security and technical support

Wyatt East, Jul 19, 2022 IP
  15. ahmed220022

ahmed220022 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't make a new topic

اعلانات الكويت

ahmed220022, Jul 20, 2022 IP
  16. ahmed220022

ahmed220022 Peon

Best Answers:
    https://adsqw.com

ahmed220022, Jul 20, 2022 IP
  17. randyrocks

randyrocks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I do my dropshipping business in Amazon with Easync automation tool. It's nice combination

randyrocks, Jul 22, 2022 IP
  18. randyrocks

randyrocks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is the links bro:
    https://www.amazon.fr/
    https://easync.io/

randyrocks, Jul 22, 2022 IP
  19. lubu06

lubu06 Peon

Best Answers:
    Woocommerce open-source solution for a beginner, to avoid and I know what I'm talking about... Just having to scratch in the ftp, the htaccess file if you want a site a minimum secure, having to install a bunch of plug-ins when you have no coding skills is time and energy that we will not allocate to our business.
    Personally if I had to give a serious alternative for a beginner, it would be a CMS like Wizishop that I use for most of my shops. Prestashop is much too expensive, I have so much knowledge that has been scammed, on the forums we come across scammed customers because that's the word with simple sites charged 30 K ...!! Shopify I stopped personally... even if for me this platform is also criticized without too many reasons valid, the shops are very well referenced as for an open source cms. The clear and clear advantage as you say is the almost unlimited customization but the problem is that you have to banker the plugs in are all in freemium ... Personally I recommend Ecwid that I discovered recently and which is a very good cms for small businesses who want to do Click & Collect with a suitable and inexpensive formula. Wizishop I say it again but personally I use this platform for all my stores, I even started dropshipping with their Dropizi solution.

lubu06, Jul 22, 2022 IP
  20. Bateman90

Bateman90 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm new to the forum, but I'm a big fan of everything Shopify has done. My business went online during the pandemic and used Shopify to get started. Fees are reasonable and there are now over 2,000,000 businesses on the platform. I've looked at some of the competitors, but I figure I have a good setup now and would have no reason to switch.

Bateman90, Aug 9, 2022 IP