1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips for someone starting in e-commerce for a secondary income?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Cool-Beans, Jan 10, 2022.

Hi guys.

recently I have joined shopify, purchased a domain name which I believe has a bit of an edge, not too far out there, also a bit mainstream just to add some familiarity to anyone who stumbles across it. Though I am at a standstill, I read a few posts here saying shopify *can* be great due to its easy user access and fast loading times. All of this sounds fantastic in theory, but I am coming from a perspective where if it’s new, it’s a bit confusing and de-motivating at the same time since I have no support network to help understand the obstacles which the site proposes, even though they offer the solutions (how to videos etc) I seem to be like, well, screw that I’ll do it later.

Where i am at now: purchased a domain name, set up oberlo & decided on a product.

I have not transferred (if that could be the correct term) the items from oberlo to my site and modified the images / descriptions.

Any tips from people out there which helped them get a good head start on the process and block out / proceed past some of the obstacles they might have run into?

all the best

cool-beans

Cool-Beans, Jan 10, 2022 IP
  2. 4DL

4DL Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Currently, I'm using woo commerce as it is the best fit for me. However, it does come with a huge learning curve.
    That being said, I am due to launch my own version "Shopify".

This point of difference that I have is that it is not bloated with excessive features that you will never use, but more importantly, it will be easy to use, a lot cheaper and it is fast loading.

It is made for the Australian market, but you are more than welcome to check it out.

4DL, Jan 12, 2022 IP
  3. Johan Will

Johan Will Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Yes. everyone must do it as side business.

Johan Will, Jan 19, 2022 IP
  4. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

Get rid of all your distractions.

It is all too easy to give up before you even begin (and this includes online selling).

Turn that TV off. That second source of income is not going to come unless those distractions get put to bed!

I would also suggest you find a compelling reason for your ' Why'? Why do you want to start a secondary income?

Human beings are such we tend to do something through either inspiration or desperation. Like anything in life, if the reasons are not compelling then the pain of not doing so, or having it, achieving it, there may be conflicts of interest happening in your mind, that may stop you in your tracks as soon as you hit your first hurdle.

Finally, I would say be consistent in your actions, no matter how small.
    Small actions every day have a compounding effect, regardless of how small they may be. Momentum builds more momentum, the more you do something, the better will be your results, and the better will you get at it.

There is also the satisfaction of knowing you did it! Good luck in your venture, all the best.

Harvey Wolf, Jan 22, 2022 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Have a plan.
    a written plan
    set goals

In 6 months time when you're having a bad day you'll look at your goals and be able to compare sales to your projections and hopefully see that you're tracking just right. It's equally important to be able to see that your plans need to be reviewed.

sarahk, Jan 22, 2022 IP
  6. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    You need to finish your basic setup first and get that transfer from Oberlo as soon as you can so that you can dedicate yourself to adding new products and optimizing the existing ones. Makes sure that you have a good strategy and plan, it's still not late to make ones if you don't have them, as this will help you to determine all your future steps. Look at other successful stores and see which methods they have been using. Learn about e-commerce, SEO for these stores, find out how to add keywords into products descriptions, and so on. Go slowly, step by step, but fill yourself with knowledge first.

VortexAlpha, Jan 25, 2022 IP
  7. meriam souili

meriam souili Peon

Best Answers:
    hello everybody, i am new here.
    i am looking for some help with ecommerce.
    i am 36 and i have few information about it.
    Could anyone helps me.
    by the way i am from morocco.
    thank you:)

meriam souili, Jan 28, 2022 IP