1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Affected By Both Google Core Updates

Discussion in 'Google' started by runway121, Dec 7, 2021.

I am not a newbie to SEO with years of background both launching and optimizing other sites but feel stuck in the mud with a site that has been hit twice with this year’s core updates and reaching out for some suggestions that I am overlooking.

The site is aedit.com and speaks to cosmetic and plastic surgery. I came aboard right after the July core with the site being hit pretty hard and began focusing right away on implementing a EAT logic with updating page titles, headings, utilizing alt tags, and incorporating additional internal and external links. Schema was also implemented in supporting the content as its medically written and reviewed. Technically, improving site speed and load times and addressing the rapid increase of spammy links.

The results have been keyword and term ranking improvements but very little movement with traffic recovery. Now after November’s Core update the site again took a hit and my thoughts now are on the content as it’s written at an expert level and procedures, while each is different, are cannibalizing each other in being the same.

Would anyone have some additional suggestions that might be overlooked here?

runway121, Dec 7, 2021 IP
  2. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I had a similar issue with one of my sites and what finally got the core vitals back to green was installing and utilizing AMP. Along with that, I started using CloudFlare (it's free) and installed/setup Hummingbird (compress CSS/JS files, enabled browser caching..etc).

FPForum, Dec 8, 2021 IP
  3. runway121

runway121 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks @FForum for your thoughts, The CDN we are using is CloudFlare and our tech team is cleaning up the sites scripting targeting improvement with our web core vitals. We are also taking a look now at our overall content in general with freshness and any repetitiveness.

runway121, Dec 8, 2021 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I am questioning the whole idea that the site was once optimized. The HTML is showing as one long line. Was probably generated by some site builder. You've got multiple css right on the index page instead of them being in separate .css files.

I am surprised the site had better rankings.

The basics need to be sorted out first. It's quite possible the site got demoted because the bot deemed it "incoherent". The site looks beautiful on the inside, but on the inside it's a tangled mess.

qwikad.com, Dec 8, 2021 IP
  5. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's a good start @runway121, and like @qwikad.com said - cleanup your HTML and CSS if they're all on one line. You can use free online tools like PurifyCSS (google it) to remove unused CSS and make it smaller. You can also use free tools (google it) to format CSS and beautify it. These would definitely help as opposed to have everything on just one line. Best of all, you can do it free and it's quick to do!

FPForum, Dec 8, 2021 IP
  6. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    These problems are pretty often these days, as algorithms haven't stabilized yet which causes problems with indexing and ranking. I don't think you should have that many problems because of the content, if it's different then there shouldn't be any issues related to that. Did you maybe check Search Console, are there any reported issues there? As if not, then this problem should be solved soon.

VortexAlpha, Jan 3, 2022 IP
  7. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Affected websites don't mean it was penalized but Google's core update placed our websites under the most relevant and unique pages in the search results. This means within the latest re-assessment of the search engine they found out that these affected websites are not competitive enough to stay in the searches.

KylieSweet, Jan 13, 2022 IP