1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does Tinder get hacked?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Dave D, Nov 24, 2021.

I realise this is not strictly social media. If this is an issue please just remove it.

I believe someone has been hacking into my Tinder account.

How can they do this? I know they know my mobile number and email. But even so, how can this be possible?

Dave D, Nov 24, 2021 IP
  2. UpgradeIT.ro

UpgradeIT.ro Member

Best Answers:
    Quite simply, by accessing your mobile phone, you probably installed an application that required access to your data and you agreed without realizing it.

Delete all dubious applications you have recently installed on your phone or PC and scan with an antivirus, change all passwords, activate two-step login.

UpgradeIT.ro, Nov 24, 2021 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Are you sure they're hacking?

Have you given a friend, or ex-friend, you login details? or enough info that they can login?

Change your passwords asap and follow @UpgradeIT.ro's advice

sarahk, Nov 24, 2021 IP
  4. Dave D

Dave D Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have done everything @UpgradeIT.ro suggests.

There is absolutely no way she could have got hold of the phone to do this manually.

I am wondering if hacking via the website is also possible.

Anyway, I have done a lot of googling on this and cannot see any way to change my password. Or indeed that there is even a password o Tindr because I cannot find any reference to it in my Account Settings.

Dave D, Nov 25, 2021 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So you know who has accessed your account?
    That suggests your account isn't hacked.

Hackers will be anonymous, probably with a scam or ransom in mind, and probably male because there are fewer women in tech - particularly in the countries where hackers tend to come from.

Lets say it's a woman you know (your wife?)
    She can log in via the website using a number of means - google, facebook, phone number, and email. I know my husband's email passwords (someone has to, he certainly never remembers), if I suspected him of anything nefarious it wouldn't be hard to log in and find out.

Attached Files:

sarahk, Nov 25, 2021 IP
  6. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    Most often this happens through two leaks:
    1. Your data leaked from Tinder due to Tinder's fault, and this was the first step towards comparison.
    2. You use the same password on several sites or your password was scanned by an extension or site you visited.

Đặng Văn Bình, Nov 26, 2021 IP
  7. Dave D

Dave D Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am not married or in a relationship atm and am certainly not doing anything nefarious.

The individual in question appears to be a serial cyberstalker who treats the activity as a nefarious hobby and whom I last saw several years ago.

So how can I stop her logging in with my phone number, having blocked the other avenues you mention, I believe?

A post above mentions changing the password but I have pored over the settings and can not see an option to do so or any reference to a password. Although I did previously have one weak password for multiple apps - until I massively strengthened them - and it was hacked when she got into my fb account.

Dave D, Nov 26, 2021 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I assume you've contacted tinder direct? They may be able to disable phone number usage. I don't want to create an account to check, somehow I don't think it would go down well at my end!

Depending on how much havoc she's causing you have two other options - change your phone number (drastic) or close your tinder account (not so drastic?). Oh, and get a restraining order if you can prove it's her.

I have a work friend whose ex-husband is somehow seeing her text messages, she's in a different city so I haven't been able to check out how. Anyway, she gets a friend to text her with messages like "how did the date with the hotty go?" and he's on the phone to her in a flash "checking in on his son". Yeah, right bro. Have you got a female friend who is also on Tinder who you can start chatting with and getting all flirty with to see if you can catch her in the act? If you're both in on it you can both be taking screenshots etc of activity.

sarahk, Nov 26, 2021 IP
  9. Dave D

Dave D Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have considered changing my phone number. Given the hasle and expense involved - it woudl mean updating my business cards/stationery etc. I am not keen to. My Tindrr account is purely for researxch purposes atm as I am not looking and it is set to Incognito.

Restraining order - difficult to prove and probably useless but the police are intested and I have logged evicdence with them. I can have it investigated when I like if I wanrt the hassle of a possible court case. Creeps like her are a massive PITA and I do not think I am the first perosn she has done it to. I beievee she has even hacked the social media acocunts of femal freunds of mine and attempted to elciit pesonal data from them like email addresses. Real nasty piece of work.

Dave D, Nov 27, 2021 IP
  10. Allan Yang

Allan Yang Peon

Best Answers:
    One common way hackers can gain access to the Tinder system is through phishing scams. A hacker might create a website or email address disguised as Tinder and send out messages asking users to enter their login credentials. Once they do, the hacker can then use those details to gain access and potentially steal personal information such as account details, credit card information and even location data.
    Another method of hacking into Tinder is by taking advantage of its insecure API (Application Programming Interface). This platform allows developers to integrate third-party applications with Tinder's services but it leaves plenty of room for exploitation from malicious actors. If a hacker gains access to this API, they can easily gain control over user accounts or manipulate features in malicious ways.
    Other more complicated methods involve exploiting weaknesses in third-party software used by Tinder or using malware exploits on user devices that are linked with the app’s servers.
    It is recommended to use the Morelogin virtual browser, which can help you avoid the risk of being tracked. And it has a stable and anonymous proxy environment-IP address, which can effectively create multiple accounts and guarantee that it will not be banned.

Allan Yang, Jan 25, 2023 IP
  11. Markaje

Markaje Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, it is possible for someone to gain access to your Tinder account if they know your mobile number and email. This is because Tinder uses a third-party authentication system called OAuth, which allows users to log in to their accounts with just their phone number and email address. If someone has access to these credentials, they can log in to your account and view your profile and messages.Fortunately, there are steps you can take to protect yourself against this type of attack. First, make sure that you are using a strong and unique password for your account. Also, make sure that the email address associated with your account is secure and that you are not sharing it with anyone. Finally, you can set up two-factor authentication on your account, which will require you to enter a code sent to your phone each time you log in. This will help keep your account secure.

Markaje, Feb 2, 2023 IP