1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Linkedin for B2B Marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jrbiz, Oct 22, 2019.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Do you compile manually or use Sale Navigator or some other tool?

jrbiz, Feb 10, 2021 IP
  2. johnsimirion

johnsimirion Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends. I know about Sale Navigator, but also I use Snov.io + LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms Integrations emails marketing. This integration can assist you in achieving the objectives much more effectively: from expanding the reach of your promotional campaigns to adding more potential customers to your list of subscribers.

johnsimirion, Feb 11, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Are you aware of any tool that analyzes and provides organization charts for large companies on linkedin? I have a marketing intern researching a strategic account to develop an org chart for a specific division of the company. So far, we are using the company's info (website, shareholder reports, etc,), Zoominfo and linkedin, but it is a difficult project.

jrbiz, Feb 11, 2021 IP
  4. johnsimirion

johnsimirion Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I don't Know any tool that analyzes and provides organization charts for large companies. I haven't used this one yet.

johnsimirion, Feb 11, 2021 IP
  5. usaukclassifieds

usaukclassifieds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I also don't remember when I joined Linkedin, But as per my experience Linkedin is really very nice and professional platform in social media, I have 10k + connection and still, daily people send invitations

usaukclassifieds, Feb 11, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that is a lot of connections! Have they resulted in solid business opportunities for you?

jrbiz, Feb 11, 2021 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    How did you get so many connections? I get a request maybe one or twice a week.

qwikad.com, Feb 12, 2021 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It used to be much lower, I recall, but the new limit on 1st degree linkedin connections is 30,000...I have almost 2,200 connections (since I joined in 2000 or so) and I get about 3 invites per day. Mostly from salespeople looking to sell me something. I send out maybe 5 invites per month to businesspeople I just met, typically. I, too, would like to hear how @usaukclassifieds got to 10,000 connections and how beneficial it has been to his business.

jrbiz, Feb 12, 2021 IP
  9. usaukclassifieds

usaukclassifieds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's my old account, I was sent daily invitations, now Linkedin algorithm changed, there is some limitations, but you can do that task at every Monday, Here is the link of my account - https://www.linkedin.com/in/seoexpertss/

usaukclassifieds, Feb 14, 2021 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, you built up to 10,000 connections passively? That is even more impressive. I assume that you regularly publish content, posts, etc.?

I am also passive (have not ever really posted on linkedin) and have been on linkedin since 2000 or so. But I have only gotten 2,200 connections over that time period.

jrbiz, Feb 15, 2021 IP
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Update: A couple of months ago, I signed up with a lead generation agency that is using linkedin in a different way than most (I believe.) They use linkedin to promote the CEO of a company by enhancing his profile, publishing informative posts, and running a regularly updated blog. They then target potential prospects (researched on linkedin) via email campaigns from the CEO with links back to his profile. There is no actual outreach on linkedin (which I absolutely insist on) but it is integral to the campaign. We are targeting prospects that are notoriously difficult to reach and engage with (embedded software engineers) so I expect the campaign results to be slow, especially at the start. I am somewhat intrigued by this approach and will keep this thread informed as the campaign develops and gets into full operation. Anyone else doing anything of interest with linkedin these days?

jrbiz, Nov 24, 2021 IP
  12. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So this method bypasses the gatekeepers?

JoeSpirit, Nov 24, 2021 IP
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There is no calling involved, so no human gatekeepers need to be bypassed. The only "gatekeepers" to get past would be email blocking filters. The goal is to get the prospect to "raise their hand" and reach out to engage with us via email (with "support" from linkedin activities.)

BTW, we have completely given up on any cold calling phone activities, for the most part. It had been very difficult to reach folks by phone prior to the Great Panic Shutdown, but since the switch to remote working, it is almost impossible to get anyone on the phone, at least in our B2B industry.

jrbiz, Nov 25, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  14. Capidra

Capidra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Everyone I know complains that the only social network is already cluttered with unworkable issues.

Capidra, Dec 9, 2021 IP
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I will say this, there are A LOT of marketing and/or demand generation "companies" flogging their ability to generate leads from linkedin. And the volume of spam has ramped up for me lately, as well. The agency that I am currently working with has pleaded with me several times to let them reach out to our prospects via linkedin and I have steadfastly refused. Of course, they have not yet been able to produce a single lead, but it is still a bit early to come to any conclusions.

jrbiz, Dec 9, 2021 IP
  16. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    I have just seen this thread, but I think this discussion is still relevant, although more than two years have passed since you posted it. LinkedIn can be a useful platform or social media, depending on how you look at it, but you have to be pretty active there to achieve some real results which mean that you need to actively search for new connections, that you have to participate in the content of other, post your own content regularly, joins some groups, and so on. Also, for the best results and real improvement of the business you should take their premium options that will get you a lot more opportunities, but it's a bit pricey, which can be a problem, especially if someone is at the beginning.

VortexAlpha, Jan 18, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  17. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The spamming and cold outreach on linkedin has only gotten worse, in my personal experience. I have several people ask to connect with me every day and that is followed up by a sales pitch (typically for something that I have no interest in.) It has made me run away even further from any sales lead generation efforts on the platform. However, I have taken steps to ramp up our efforts to recruit employees on linkedin. We have gone so far as to sign up for their most expensive package, which is the Recruiters module. Just started it, so too early to tell, but I hope that it is effective. I know that while I am annoyed at being solicited for sales purposes, I am generally okay to hear from a recruiter with a new position to offer me.

jrbiz, Jan 18, 2022 IP
  18. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    LinkedIn quickly turned into a spam dump, where people write in private with their services. Freeze account.

Đặng Văn Bình, Jan 18, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  19. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I make a manual list of targeted B2B leads and maintain a database doing research for a non-profit on LinkedIn. Being asked to do this for a non-profit I learned how it could serve as a tool for myself in this fashion. Pretty cool too because I also have access to their current list. I do not use sales navigator. All done on free account.

davilama2682, Feb 5, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, you reach out to targeted prospects directly on linkedin? What is your approach? I assume that you are getting a conversion rate that works for you?

jrbiz, Feb 6, 2022 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.