1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Building vs Traffic

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Andrzej Wilczynski, Oct 27, 2021.

I recently heard a statement that link building is not that important as amount of traffic coming to your site. In short suggestion was to forget link building and concentrate on bringing traffic through Twitter – social media2. Medium- blogging platform3. Klusster- blog plat.4. Storeboard- blog plat.5. Strikingly- personal blog6. Pinterest- social media7. Slideshare -whateva!8. Scoop-it – like reddit, spelled differently!9. Launchora- I don’t know, but it sounds good!10. Facebook Feed | Facebook Groups | My profile.
    Any thoughts on that?

Andrzej Wilczynski, Oct 27, 2021 IP
  2. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi
    It all depends on the traffic source and what kind of services or products you are offering to the customer. If you have lots of followers on social media and you just want to drive traffic to your website then it's great and no need to build backlinks.
    What if you are a new startup and your social is zero and you want to make new customers. In this case, you have to run paid ads or follow other traditional and time-consuming tactics to promote your business.
    You have mentioned above to get traffic from the Kluster blog but without sharing your webpage link how can you get traffic from that website so backlinking is necessary in this case.

Sumit_Singh, Oct 27, 2021 IP
  3. Andrzej Wilczynski

Andrzej Wilczynski Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. Indeed you are correct, the tactics I had mentioned require back linking. I would say that like with everything one need to consider all the actions that may bring visitors: backlinks, social media, paid ads. Of course everything depends on the budget you have.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Oct 28, 2021 IP
  4. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    The tactics that you mentioned don't exclude each other, you can work on your social media presence and try to attract more traffic from there and use some backlinking strategies, as well. It's true that social media can have a great influence on organic ranking, especially if you manage to engage your audience and make them interact in some way with your content and click on links that you share, so you should definitely try this approach, but I think you would achieve the best results if you combine it with some backlinking processes.

VortexAlpha, Dec 22, 2021 IP
  5. mindarya

mindarya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First of all, quality of traffic is much more important than its amount. If you'll have lots of people coming to your website and leaving immediately, it will make Google algorithms think that people can't find what they need on your website. So it will mean that your website is useless and bad, and Google will decrease its positions on search.

As for link building, it still works and can not only increase website's authority score, but also bring high-quality traffic. Strategy means a lot. Links are now closely connected with content, and two main rules are not to spam and put links to relevant high quality content. You can Google 'modern link building strategies' for more.

mindarya, Jan 10, 2022 IP
  6. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Social media and search engines will give you different types of traffic. If you need targeted search engine traffic to boost product or services sale, then link building is a must.

Different studies show different data as to how many buyers use search engine for their purchase decisions. But it is safe to say that more than half of the buyers use search engines to make a purchase decision. Only way to get that major share of search engine traffic is through link building or PPC campaign.

sultanofseo, Jan 10, 2022 IP
  7. Azharuddin Sheikh

Azharuddin Sheikh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    According to my Knowledge we don't need to do a lot of Link building work for any website means not build link in Low quality platforms.

We should focus on High Quality platform where we will be able for good social signals as well as good traffic through this, If we notice any kinds of platform are there where we can build our links then we can do it and also I would like to share some platform who will help for good traffic as well as social signals ..
    • Mix
    • bizsugar
    • reddit
    • tumblr
    • myspace
    • bibsonomy
    • diigo
    • Digg
    • dzone
    • disqus
    Above are also good sites for promotions.

Azharuddin Sheikh, Jan 12, 2022 IP
  8. Daniel165

Daniel165 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the community answer, It will be helpful to me.

Daniel165, May 12, 2022 IP
  9. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well think about that link building its a tedious and hard work and you must have a lot of patience until you rank .If you focus on social media you will also get some backlinks back to your website ,not so efective as real backlinks but still good .Plus you will get a lot of traffic and you dont depend so much on google ranking .Plus with social media if you post continuos you will grow you folowers ,subscribers etc and you cannot know you will get succes and not depend on that site .Dont put all your eggs in one single basket ,google can give an update that will ruin your website

Spartan14, May 15, 2022 IP
  10. sageshark

sageshark Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should not downplay back link building. Solely relying on only content and keywords is also not ideal. It is important to understand that it is a collective efforts that include good keyword rich content + regular backlink building that brings your website to top.

I always ignore people who suggest to abandon backlink building or who ask to focus only on content creation and nothing else.

With my experience, I can tell you that it is a balanced combination of both.

sageshark, Jun 1, 2022 IP
  11. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on the industry, but I think it is worth focusing on both getting traffic and building backlinks.

Gamerseo, Jun 1, 2022 IP
  12. TimmyTern

TimmyTern Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that linkbuilding is still important, but not for traffic - for crawler. To have more traffic you have to combine this with good content, advertising in social media and something interesting that you blog/website/forum can suggest to the people.

TimmyTern, Jul 5, 2022 IP
  13. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is like the old question-what came first, the chicken or the egg?

If you actually think about why you build backlinks, it's to increase rankings which increases traffic. So, the goal is traffic at the end of the day and backlinks are built ultimately for traffic. I can't stress enough how important diversity is for ranking. For this reason alone you want to do both, focus on backlinks and traffic.

Having multiple sources of traffic is ideal, incase traffic drops from one source, not all is lost. Search engines as well as social sites have algorithm updates.

kjh-08, Nov 13, 2022 IP
  14. mangobyte

mangobyte Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think both backlinks (60% DoFollow and 40% NoFollow; then it may be a mix of referring root domains or subdomains with relevant anchor texts) building and in addition to website traffic through direct social media promotions and paid ads is essential. Of course, the conditions like startup and budget are also to be considered. But this mix should be maintained at any stage in order to create an online presence on Search Engines and later ranking.

There is a saying that "Don't Put All your Eggs in One Basket". Sometimes, the social media accounts may get blocked if you spam them with repetitive promotional posts with no likes or comments. All social traffic lost. And over backlinking is quite dangerous too which may lead to banning your website from search engines for a larger period. Again, all organic traffic lost. So, try to keep all your so called "Eggs" into more than one basket. It will be your lifesaving move.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2022
    mangobyte, Nov 14, 2022 IP