1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does PHPLD still offer support?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by teompa, Oct 14, 2021.

Does anyone know if PHPLD PHP Link Directory still provides customer support? I'm asking because I tried to contact phplinkdirectory site support, but no message can be sent because the confirmation code is missing and no message can be sent. I wanted to know if the PHPLD script is up to date, if it is seo-friendly. Demo page not working. I also tried Subrion, but no one answers there either. The Subrion web directory looks good, but it's only one topic.

teompa, Oct 14, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's definitely not up to date, v5 came out about 10 years ago and I don't think they've gone beyond that. Lets see if dvduval is still around.

I have a couple of licenses, I won't be using them. I have a directory type project coming up. I looked at using the WordPress directory plugin "Hive" but I think I'm just going to DIY. Subrion is new to me but it looks interesting. Bold claims on their homepage.

sarahk, Oct 14, 2021 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @teompa it looks like subrion is abandoned too. The roadmap hasn't been maintained, the forum is a shambles with so much spam. Their base offering looked newbie friendly but I couldn't see what I got for paying $99 for the web directory add on. Too many unknowns to make me interested.

sarahk, Oct 14, 2021 IP
  4. teompa

teompa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is no interest in web directories since dmoz.org was abandoned. What web directory script do you recommend?

teompa, Oct 15, 2021 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm going to build my own. All the systems I found had significant differences to my proposed site and I'd have to code so much extra functionality. I'd rather just start over and not have to worry about compromises and crappy code.

FWIW I won't be taking public submissions, I will be charging, I will have a sales rep who will visit each business that wants to be included. There will be a significant value add to the businesses, there will be repeat traffic.

A lot of the value I get from directory scripts is around the onboarding, the spam filtering etc. Because I'll be doing it differently the functionality that remains is little more than generating index pages and detail pages. That's way to easy to replicate to justify being stuck with someone else's codebase.

sarahk, Oct 15, 2021 IP
  6. teompa

teompa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I found phpmydirectory.com, but I tried to install it, but the script requires ionCube and I don't know how to install it. The phpmydirectory script is free, although it seems OK, only it is impossible to install for an uninitiated user. I got stuck because I don't know how to restart PHP-FPM.

teompa, Oct 16, 2021 IP