1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How profitable case studies are?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Mario Walker, Aug 15, 2021.

Case Studies seem to be a pretty lucrative forum of copywriting. Have you guys written case studies before, and if so how much you got paid?

Mario Walker, Aug 15, 2021 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I occasionally hire copywriters to help with marketing and sales collateral. However, one type of writing that I would not use copywriters for would be a case study. Why? Well, because a case study (also known as a Success Story) is a somewhat detailed description of how my company provided a solution for a client. It requires a high level of knowledge of my solution, the customer, his/her pain, and how the solution was implemented. Getting a copywriter up to speed on these specific details for this one episode would seem to be as much work as writing the case study, itself.

jrbiz, Aug 25, 2021 IP
  3. Mario Walker

Mario Walker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good to know. Case Studies do take longer to make and require a lot of background information. With that being said I feel that I can thrive a case study writer simply because I'm good at writing short stories, and I'm pretty use to having conversations with people online. Interviewing client's can be a challenge but I feel that I'm built for it.

Mario Walker, Aug 26, 2021 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Here's the other side to my comments above: If you are able to convince a client that it is worth investing in you to get you up to speed (probably more realistic if the client has multiple case studies that need to be done), then you will likely have a long term client because s/he will not want to go through that again with another copywriter. That is assuming, of course, that you do a good job for the client. ;)

jrbiz, Aug 26, 2021 IP
  5. alidonka

alidonka Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello
    you'll almost certainly land a long-term client who won't want to go through the process again with another copywriter. That is, given, of course, that you provide excellent service to the client.

alidonka, Jan 8, 2022 IP
  6. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    They can be really good and really useful for the audience, as they can give them proof of your quality and it explains your method of solving some problems. Always good to have case studies on the site, but they should really be quality and pretty extended. Think they can have a huge impact on conversion rates.

VortexAlpha, Jan 11, 2022 IP