1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is Marketing too saturated?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by linsChaho, Aug 16, 2021.

i've been in marketing specially on the digital & social media side for the last 3 years. recently it seems to me that everyone and their grandmother is a marketer?

am i just getting exposed to too much marketing information and related content or is the marketing industry getting really saturated, seems like a lot of people are watching 2 motivational videos and taking 1 marketing course and running to fiverr, upwork, job listings, etc.. and advertising their professional services.

now i'm not necessarily against people capitalizing on their skills, but when those skills are non-existant & they are stealing alot of clients at fractions of the price, i think its a problem.

what do you guys think?

linsChaho, Aug 16, 2021 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing new. Same thing happens in any area of life. As soon as someone makes it 'big' copycats come out of the woodwork. Eventually those copycats fail and go on to something else. In my industry it appears to be a cycle lasting about 10 years between saturation tops.

mmerlinn, Aug 16, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  3. Vivsmei

Vivsmei Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A market is too saturated, but that means still have big demand.

In that case, I dont suggest you do the same thing as others unless you can reform your product or you have solid connection.

Vivsmei, Aug 17, 2021 IP
  4. Robard

Robard Peon

Best Answers:
    Just because something is oversaturated it doesn't mean you can't be successful, find a niche, work hard at it, that's the way to progress in the marketing world (with a little bit of being a jack of all traders thrown in!).

Robard, Aug 17, 2021 IP
  5. linsChaho

linsChaho Peon

Best Answers:
    issue got solved

linsChaho, Aug 20, 2021 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That is amazing. How did the issue get solved?

jrbiz, Aug 24, 2021 IP
  7. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    It's saturated because there is a high demand for marketing services which means there is more than enough space for everyone to succeed. I know it can be annoying sometimes when you see that someone with little knowledge and poor skills apply for some job, but if they can't get the work done, no one will want to cooperate with them. If you are good at what you are doing and know how to promote yourself and what you do, you don't need to have fear from others, as you will always find your own clients and be able to make a profit. Just because there are a lot of marketers, it doesn't mean that this industry isn't profitable anymore.

VortexAlpha, Dec 20, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. Kalarabant

Kalarabant Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Partly.

One can easily claim that marketing sphere is super saturated with various successful and unsuccessful marketers, however I can't state that it's the end of marketing. There is no end, and when new things appear you should adopt them in order to apply them in your marketing strategy.
    These days there are dozens of marketers who don't care about such things as sales and conversion increase. They just go with the flow and this so ridiculous. I can't talk about all the marketers, but according to those ones who I contacted - it's like that.

Kalarabant, Jun 30, 2022 IP
  9. Warner Williams

Warner Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since the COVID pandemia more people have turned to online jobs. There has been an influx in both online marketers and online marketing jobs.
    As the world learns how to live with COVID, some will return to the office, but most will remain online.
    The market just got bigger, what may affect us in a weak world economy.

Warner Williams, Jul 4, 2022 IP