1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me choose between two.

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Cynthia Moreno, Aug 16, 2021.

Hi everyone, I am creating a store and I was wondering what is better, a shopping cart plugin or an e-commerce platform? I want it to be cost-effective and optimum in the long run.

Cynthia Moreno, Aug 16, 2021 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You have not given us enough information. Like what do you mean 'long run?' A year? A month? A decade? Or?

What kind of products? How many do expect to sell per hour? per day? or whatever? How are you planning on getting paid? Are you stocking items or drop-shipping them? How do you plan on scaling up should your sales explode? Those are just some of the questions that you need answers for.

mmerlinn, Aug 16, 2021 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. Cynthia Moreno

Cynthia Moreno Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, thanks for mentioning this. So basically I have been selling small products/ merch related to cat themes (we are a group of artists) using WooCommerce. We usually manage around 15-20 sales per day on average, however, in the month of July, we saw an increase in our sales. Then Idk maybe because there was a rush to our site, we found our site to be super slow and glitchy and it started affecting our sales. We are witnessing a need for growth in all our functions, marketing, shipping, order management. We have been thinking about integrating all functional efforts with our business which is why we are considering a whole eCommerce platform. We just wanted an opinion on what option would be more feasible.

Cynthia Moreno, Aug 16, 2021 IP
  4. Kim Hoseok

Kim Hoseok Peon

Best Answers:
    Shopping cart plugin works well in case you have a small business because you just have to add it to your website. If you’re thinking of scaling up your business this will translate into an increased number of operations and you will need to look into other areas such as marketing CMS and ERP integrations, omnichannel presence, analytics, etc. It’ll be better if you try finding all these features and integrations in one eCommerce solution. Hosted solutions usually prove to be more convenient. Most hosted e-commerce solutions provide you with order management, marketing, shipping integrations, etc. If you do decide to go for a hosted solution, my suggestion would be to check out StoreHippo. It’s a DIY platform with a host of features to accommodate small businesses as well as enterprise-level needs.

Kim Hoseok, Aug 18, 2021 IP
  5. sohel mahmood

sohel mahmood Peon

Best Answers:
    If ur planning for drop-shipping , I think aliexpress will be the better platforms .

sohel mahmood, Sep 22, 2021 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That doesn't sound like it'll be a match.

sarahk, Sep 23, 2021 IP