1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Urgent help Disc usage is high

Discussion in 'Apache' started by lapidus, Jun 10, 2021.

Hello folks

I need urgent help.

My admin panel in VPS is showing that Disc usage is
    141GB / 150GB

So
    right now is 141GB and that is not correct. I have checked and count all Disc usage's for every domain in C-panel's and result is 108,5GB.

I was contact server support and they said:

Thank you for being connected.
    1.I have checked this for you and the monitoring tab in server shows disk usage is high.
    2.It is getting exhausted because some application/plugin is over-utilizing server resources, even more traffic on site could be the reason for the site to load slow.
    3.If there's a problem with your site- a runaway script, a poorly configured plug-in, or a process creating too many files or directories in your account it will automatically use the disk space, I will request you to review and optimize your content or upgrade the server for more resources if you are experiencing more traffic/visitors on site.

My opinion is that plugins can't eat server resources,and scripts that can only eat CPU and RAM.

Did anyone can help me about this problem.? I not have heavy traffic at all,i mean i only have 600 users daily and there is no one who upload files to fill up Disc space at all,only me as admin.

Solved! View solution.
    lapidus, Jun 10, 2021 IP
  2. pavv

pavv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    >>a poorly configured plug-in, or a process creating too many files or directories in your account
    Yes, this can happen. I saw a poorly configured WP plug-in that created 100,000+ files. So it's possible. Check your sites for disk usage.

Also check the logs directory - /var/log/ - maybe you have some big files there.

pavv, Jun 10, 2021 IP
  3. lapidus

lapidus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Yes,i see. I have found 15 GB in two error_logs for two websites and i have erase them.

Why error_logs fill up so many Gb's ?

lapidus, Jun 10, 2021 IP
  4. pavv

pavv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PHP warnings/errors etc are logged in the error_log file.
    Check the content of the two log files and try to fix the issues.

pavv, Jun 10, 2021 IP
    lapidus likes this.
  5. lapidus

lapidus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you just tell me where can i find /var/log/ ? Is that in Cpanel ?

lapidus, Jun 10, 2021 IP
    Error logs are additive. That means that every time there is an error, an additional record is added to the error file. And that means that error log files can expand VERY fast when your program is generating lots of errors.

Instead of just deleting error logs, find out what is causing the errors FIRST, fix those problems, THEN delete the error logs.

mmerlinn, Jun 10, 2021 IP
    lapidus likes this.