1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is email marketing dead or dying?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Proaffili, May 12, 2021.

Is email marketing still an effective marketing strategy? What are your thoughts?

Proaffili, May 12, 2021 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't know about bought lists, I doubt those are effective anymore, but when I send an offer to my own subscribers I still get a pretty decent response. I am not an expert on solo ads + lists, @JoeSpirit would know a whole lot more.

qwikad.com, May 12, 2021 IP
    JEET and JoeSpirit like this.
  3. Leadnetwork

Leadnetwork Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, email marketing is still effective, especially in e-commerce, financial offers, insurance. You just need to have your audience and know how to work with them

Leadnetwork, May 12, 2021 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bought lists can be effective but you have to be real careful with them. If you don't know how to properly warm them up you could get a high percentage of spam complaints. That would spell destruction for your business.

Solos ads are good if you find the right provider. There are a lot of scammers out there and if you don't know how to read the signs you'll easily fall victim. The main thought I keep in mind when I'm contacted by a solo vendor these days is that they likely won't mail to their buyer list for my offer. Why waste the good ones on anything other than their own offer? I think a lot of them send the solos they sell to their tire kickers.

And for solos, I want to see what they're sending out. What I'm finding is that when you ask to be added to their mailing list you don't hear from them again - unless they're honest vendors.

JoeSpirit, May 12, 2021 IP
    mmerlinn and JEET like this.
  5. jaymi

jaymi Member

Best Answers:
    As mentioned already, if done properly, email marketing can still result in a great number of sales.

In companies I have worked for recently, it was especially useful for existing customers who may have forgotten about our website or product, and also for existing customers who we offered a certain discount to. It helped increase our returning customers rate.
    It depends on the way you choose to use email marketing, and what your goals are.
    For us, the conversion rates were pretty high in almost all campaigns.

jaymi, May 16, 2021 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I sell B2B solutions to the most anti-spam email group in the world: software engineers and their management. It is very tricky to even email to our own in-house list of clients/prospects. We have tried "cold" lists (from trade shows, or expensive commercial databases like Hoovers or Zoominfo,) and the results have been meager. We had had a bit more luck when we do multichannel marketing which might include email, telemarketing, snail mail, targeted online ads, etc. But that makes it really difficult to measure the effect of any one of the demand generation campaign. We keep testing, however.

jrbiz, May 23, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  7. johnsimirion

johnsimirion Peon

Best Answers:
    Just as email itself isn’t dead, neither is email marketing. In fact, email marketing remains one of the most successful and cost-effective ways to reach customers. It’s certainly more effective—and efficient—than social media marketing. eMarketer reports that 81% of retail professionals say email marketing is a successful way to acquire new customers, compared to 51% who think the same about social media.
    We also often use email newsletters, it is very convenient when it is necessary to send a certain number of letters. Now there are many services for email newsletters, I can recommend Snov.io.

johnsimirion, May 27, 2021 IP
  8. YujinTan

YujinTan Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing, also a tricky thing to master. A lot so call Guru will say , build a capture page, offer them FREE bonus, while sign up , once get the leads , here come the follow up series to promote.
    Just put yourself on buyer surely you got opt in some guru, or other marketers lead page they capture your email than after few days send u this offer, that offer

will you buy? again depend the product , etc

I usually just unsubscribe next now a days a lot scammers also spam , using email to scam thus it also contribute negative on email marketing.

Currently my site never capture leads , partly I don't like to pay monthly payment to use a thing prefer One charge unlimited. I do know there is some WP plugin able to do that using your Host server? Provided your hosting plan is those higher place one thus can prevent server overload since it using your host to send emails. Correct me if i wrong.

I currently just try to push traffic on the site

Some claim u actually also can earn without using email list but it take times , slow process as your site managed to gain trust from visitors they automatic come back daily
    I trying to managed my FB page well also another thing to master , because I feel social media already your email list without sending email to promote. These followers are your audience and if they see you post some products review etc will go check out since they are your followers, of course is not 100 percent will check same apply for email marketing , will go click the link in from your emal.

Sorry for my bad english here. I have mix feelings come email marketing now a days is kinda a mix feelings since a lot marketings all along doing and new marketers join in also doing
    solo ad vendor? they are resell the same leads to those order . Some sole ad vendor will so call got fresh list but again just think about it, they just sell the list to only you? alone? Surely to tons of people who order from them

YujinTan, May 27, 2021 IP
  9. zeiber

zeiber Peon

Best Answers:
    With more accounts we link to our email and many personal informations we post online, it would be a disaster if email marketing was no longer effective. Since all that personal information is available for filtering out potential customers for a specific product or service, marketing strategists would choose email marketing over many other advertising methods. Also, unlike YouTube and facebook ads, once it's sent it's there in your emails forever, so you can go back whenever you please. That gives it advantage over many other alternatives.

zeiber, May 27, 2021 IP
  10. Billy Worker

Billy Worker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Email marketing isn't dead
    eMarketer reports that 81% of retail professionals say email marketing is a successful way to acquire new customers, compared to 51% who think the same about social media. That makes email more than 40 times more effective for acquiring new customers than either Facebook or Twitter..Fact!

Billy Worker, May 30, 2021 IP
  11. YujinTan

YujinTan Member

Best Answers:
    I like E mail marketing but hard to find one just pay one time can send unlimited emails.
    I heard WP plugin got one? how it works? it seem using your host server resources to send?

YujinTan, May 30, 2021 IP
  12. Neubert Rommel

Neubert Rommel Peon

Best Answers:
    I also don't think that email marketing is dead or dying. It is still the cheapest way to get information to your customer and it still get's the highest cost to ROI ratio. Studies say that for each dollar spend on email marketing the ROI is $4 dollars. So email marketing really is essential. It just depends on how good you design your email and most importantly how catchy your email subject lines are.

Neubert Rommel, May 31, 2021 IP
  13. Cloud_Geek

Cloud_Geek Peon

Best Answers:
    Email Marketing is not dead. It's still effective in the Ecommerce and Cloud industry as well. It's an effective way to keep your presence alive in the minds of Prospects who may convert into your leads.

Cloud_Geek, Jun 1, 2021 IP
  14. charleshubbard

charleshubbard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's still effective if you do it in the right way or path.

charleshubbard, Aug 22, 2021 IP
  15. laxmi

laxmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have couple of clients who are in to cold email marketing. And they get hundreds of Gmails from me every month.
    Yes cold email marketing is still working and many uses it.

laxmi, Aug 22, 2021 IP
  16. Priya ds

Priya ds Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is still effective by utilizing it. Still, its the best way of communication to our potential customers.

Priya ds, Sep 4, 2021 IP
  17. VijayanKumar

VijayanKumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing won't die if we use effectively as per its strategy and relatively. It's old marketing still yields good results.

VijayanKumar, Sep 14, 2021 IP
  18. Triplefour

Triplefour Active Member

Best Answers:
    still emails is best , am doing emails past 10 years , going well , you should have good list and good smtp. better build your own smtp and warmup you can get best results. i do the same.

Triplefour, Sep 14, 2021 IP
  19. YujinTan

YujinTan Member

Best Answers:
    How you build your own smtp ? If I not mistaken WP seem got one plugin for it? But of course it will lag your host side since using from your host provider?

YujinTan, Sep 18, 2021 IP
  20. robertcoble

robertcoble Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Email marketing can be used as an effective form of marketing and it can benefit your business by helping you to acquire new customers while keeping current customers engaged and interested in your brand.

robertcoble, Sep 18, 2021 IP