1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VERY strange issue with Instagram

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Moonglob, May 10, 2021.

There's a strange bug I've been hitting lately on Instagram.
    Certain mutual followers not showing up, or very far down the list.

Say there is an account @x that is followed by a close friend of mine (@y). I follow @y and @y follows me back. It doesn't matter if I follow @x or not.

Before, when I would open @x's page, I would see "Followed by @y, @z + 42 more". But that no longer happens. For some reason @y is not in this short list of mutual followers. Also, when I open the full list of @x's followers, @y is not in the first section of the list that highlights mutual followers, but rather buried really deep down the list. And by @x I mean literally any account. It's just that @y doesn't show up in mutual followers lists.

Why is this happening?

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Moonglob, May 10, 2021 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Could it be that they've tweaked the settings? Looks to me Twitter did something to theirs how the following shows in profiles. All the people I follow who also follow this or that person are showing at the top in their profiles. Very inconvenient, but I suppose it's been done to stop automated bot following.

qwikad.com, May 10, 2021 IP
  3. Moonglob

Moonglob Peon

Best Answers:
    No idea. But they completely dont even show on the "mutuals" list, at all.
    On the other list..they show far far down. And ones that I follow and they follow me.

Moonglob, May 10, 2021 IP