1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you write when you're not in the mood?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Spoiltdiva, Mar 23, 2012.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have a few in-laws like that... ;)

jrbiz, Apr 3, 2021 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    With me it is more of a case of out-laws. One of my nieces is an exotic dancer and my nephew is a biker. My brother drinks too much and brags like no one I know. What to trade your in-laws for my out-laws?

Spoiltdiva, Apr 3, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure, the "devil you know" kind of thing going on as I think about a trade, though your family sounds like more fun... ;)

jrbiz, Apr 3, 2021 IP
  4. filip scaryen

filip scaryen Peon

Best Answers:
    When I am in the mood I go out for hangout with friends and watching movies , going to beach but one thing I have must in my pockets or in my cars that is vintage frames . I love to wear this glasses and I also recommend you all to check out there best products and you will surely enjoy it.!

filip scaryen, Apr 5, 2021 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Here we have a total and complete fail as to what the topic of this thread is. And this was his first post! :confused: *hopefully his last

Spoiltdiva, Apr 6, 2021 IP
  6. Raymond Agbontaen

Raymond Agbontaen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    when I am not in the mood to write, what I do is to give myself time for a little introspection. I reflect on things that are troubling my mind at that particular moment, I think on possible solutions, and if the solutions are not in my control, I let the energy of "worry" go into the universe.

If my lack of interest to write stems from no particular place, what I do is to just give myself some time and watch movies. I then try to think about the "content" I working on. I play around the content I am working on in my head for as long as it takes for me to have that urge in me to continue my write-up. "The more you think about a particular thing, the more you have the will to physically manifest your thoughts"

Raymond Agbontaen, Jun 20, 2021 IP
    Efetobor Agbontaen likes this.
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, how very interesting that @Efetobar Agbontaen gave @Raymond Agbontaen a like. Related by any chance? ;)

Spoiltdiva, Jun 21, 2021 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Nah, in their country that surname is like having Lee in China or Smith in the U.S. There's a gazillion Agbontaen's there, no doubt. :)

jrbiz, Jun 21, 2021 IP
  9. czqyniuy21

czqyniuy21 Peon

Best Answers:
    when I'm not in the mood to write, I take the time to do a little introspection. I think about the things that are troubling my mind at this particular moment, I think about possible solutions, and if the decisions are not in my control, I allow the energy of "worry" to go into the Universe.

czqyniuy21, Sep 7, 2021 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    When trying to teach young people (students/apprentices) how to write, we used to refer to the method you wrote about as a "trigger". For certain introspective types that does indeed work.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 7, 2021 IP
  11. czqyniuy21

czqyniuy21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Once again, I'm convinced that I'm still an introverted type :) I'll have to live with this

czqyniuy21, Sep 9, 2021 IP
  12. sohel mahmood

sohel mahmood Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll say never write when you are not in a mood to write. Just think of your next topics and planet for that . Though if you are forced to write , copy some and edit in it with your materials.

sohel mahmood, Sep 22, 2021 IP
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    If you make a habit of copying other people's content then you will never learn to be a good writer. One needs to create content and also find ways to be able to write when not in the mood.

For me music always seemed to work. It would lift my spirits then the creative juices would flow and I was then able to produce very good ORIGINAL content. In my time I even won awards for my writing.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 22, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  14. Fuad M Rafiq

Fuad M Rafiq Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are having writers' block try changing the environment or go on a vacation.

Fuad M Rafiq, Sep 22, 2021 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    The first part is good advice. As to the second part that is only good if you are making money as a writer. Vacations are expensive, so to pay for that you must get yourself into the mood to write to make the money.:)

Spoiltdiva, Sep 22, 2021 IP
  16. Fuad M Rafiq

Fuad M Rafiq Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    couldn't agree more

Fuad M Rafiq, Sep 22, 2021 IP
  17. Gardahn

Gardahn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually it depends on the content which you're going to write. If we speak about storytelling writing or content creating, then probably bad mood can be suitable for storetylleing, but not for content writing. No doubts, that it's impossible to write when you're in a bad mood, however I believe that if you're a professional copywriter and treat your occupation well, then you have to write despite the fact of a bad mood. Moreover, you can eat some food which can increase your dopamine, often such meal are fruit. As far as I concerned writing doesn't require such strict emotional stability, nvertheless it matters a lot and reflects on your work.

Gardahn, Sep 25, 2021 IP
  18. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    This is correct, not being in a creative mood will affect the quality of your writing. If your clientele holds you to a very high standard, then you ought to produce the best work possible each and every time.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 25, 2021 IP
  19. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Revision, Revision, Revision....you have to always want to be paying mind to your work. I write a lot of research papers, and you can easily keep expounding upon research topics by adding new sources. I take pride in my writing so if I am expanding upon it it is because out of respect of my own work. I have no problem with technical/report writing in this sense. The majority to my writing though has been because of me having to produce this writing because of an assignment in grade. I have graduated and no longer need to write for an assignment and/or grade. However, because I respect my own writing work it demands more material, though, and focus from me because I view these composition as intellectual product. Even though I am no longer am in school I continuing working on my research projects that were written as final research essays for a college course.

davilama2682, Sep 25, 2021 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  20. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    This ought to be a natural thing with writers. But unfortunately that is not the case with some.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 26, 2021 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.