1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Category structure for SEO and/or customer?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by boboz, Mar 31, 2021.

Hi!

I'm setting up categories for my e-commerce site (clothing) and have researched what queries on Google Search Console generates exposes for my site. I then categorized those searches and found that type of product and type of material totally dominates search queries. In my understanding, categorizing your content is a way to explain to Google how you organize your content to your customers. So I then find it a bit odd that almost all sites selling clothes promotes the category gender by first making the customer choose between female, male and child. Why is that?

Thanks
    /B

boboz, Mar 31, 2021 IP
  2. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure why that's puzzling. As a male, when for example I look online for shoes, I immediately click the "men's" button, because that limits the selections shown to shoes designed and built for men.

Jim4767, Mar 31, 2021 IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Duh!!! Because potential customers do not want to scroll through thousands of listings of NO INTEREST to them and WILL NOT TOLERATE a site that forces them to do so.

mmerlinn, Apr 3, 2021 IP
  4. uday_yadav2

uday_yadav2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In this case it would be good if could think at user prospective that may help and categories are good for both like human and search engines to understand website.

uday_yadav2, Apr 6, 2021 IP
  5. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check the Google database for actual searches made and categorize by that.

Oso Optimized, Apr 7, 2021 IP