1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

paypal: how to get your money back from scammers?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by nevret2, Feb 21, 2009.

1. koda10

koda10 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don`t worry, you never can do that. Mean if you deal with a smart scammer. In the best way you can get the money back from Paypal, if you are enough smart, but the Paypal never will get the money back from scammer.

koda10, Sep 2, 2015 IP
  2. Michael Johnsy

Michael Johnsy Member

Best Answers:
    not possible maybe.

Michael Johnsy, Sep 23, 2015 IP
  3. traffbizz

traffbizz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As I remember PayPal have 30 days hold. You have 30 days for start refund.

traffbizz, Sep 30, 2015 IP
  4. TrafficBrokerAM

TrafficBrokerAM Member

Best Answers:
    File a dispute against the seller. They PayPal will hold the money till the case solved.

TrafficBrokerAM, Oct 22, 2015 IP
  5. dzakiaa

dzakiaa Member

Best Answers:
    you can directly to the paypal dispute. convey your reasons in detail and clearly.

dzakiaa, Nov 15, 2015 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  6. Mike Park

Mike Park Member

Best Answers:
    call Paypal. thats what I did once

Mike Park, Dec 15, 2015 IP
  7. KatnissEverdeen

KatnissEverdeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are having issues with paypal, can't dispute the charges, or anything. Your best bet is just to call pp, explain the situation, and have them assist you to get your money back.

Good luck to you. I hope you get everything worked out

KatnissEverdeen, Dec 15, 2015 IP
  8. Kidd2107

Kidd2107 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there I have a similar question so didn't want to start a new thread. I have someone who's looking to sell me a pair of shoes. These shoes are highly replicated and very limited and there are a lot of scammers out there trying to sell these fake. So I need to know that even if I do receive my product from the seller but it IS indeed fake. Unlike what he has claimed it to be. Can I still file a dispute? How does that work? Do I need him to be specific on the invoice about the shoes being 100% authentic or how does this work?

Thanks in advance for the help! Hope you guys can help me figure out a solution ! Cheers!

Kidd2107, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  9. nkgrg

nkgrg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That depends on where you bought the product.
    If you bought your product from eBay then you don't need to worry about. You as a buyer are protected and Paypal is a sister company of ebay. But your waiting period is extremely long.
    I have always won many disputes and paypal has been very helpful>.

Hope it helps you. Have some courage. good luck.
    nkg

nkgrg, Mar 17, 2016 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  10. Proaffili

Proaffili Active Member

Best Answers:
    Log in to your PayPal account and to the left of your profile picture, beneath the notification and settings tabs you will notice three tabs – ‘Pay with One Touch’, ‘Buyer Protection’, ‘Mobile App’ – click on ‘Buyer Protection’ and follow the directions on the page that will open.

Proaffili, Dec 12, 2016 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  11. drupesh2000

drupesh2000 Member

Best Answers:
    In the resolution centre, open the dispute and wait for process to complete from paypal's side. If you are on the right side, you should get your money, no doubts.

drupesh2000, Dec 31, 2017 IP
  12. Florin_Tribalad

Florin_Tribalad Member

Best Answers:
    You can open a dispute and escalate it. You must provide all details to Paypal team and they will give money back. Be sure first to read seller TOS.

Florin_Tribalad, Dec 20, 2018 IP
  13. Robert_Sheerhoon28

Robert_Sheerhoon28 Peon

Best Answers:
    To make a dispute is the only solution. Log in to your PayPal account, go to the Resolution Center, click View next to the dispute you want to escalate, click escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim near the bottom of the page (follow all the instructions, it should be clear there), then click escalate to a claim. Good luck with that!

Robert_Sheerhoon28, Apr 24, 2019 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  14. amiibocards

amiibocards Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you are getting a lot of miss leading information here. You made one huge mistake to be honest. You sent someone money though family and friends. That means you did not pay for a service or a product you just sent someone some cash. Opening a case is not going to work there. How are you going to prove the money was for a certain thing? Chances are they will not refund you. You will need to phone them up direct and try to explain this to them. The only way you get a refund and save your a** is by providing tracking and going down the normal route.

I once sent an item to someone in America, I do this quite often so this was no different, packed and shipped takes around 5 - 10 days to get there. Now the issue was the very next day the person who bought my product opened a case the next day saying item not arrived. Well yeah, it's not next day air mail, possible but I did not pay for that service. So I told Paypal called them up and guess what happened they gave her a full refund. No tracking no money, I had a right go at the rep. Explaining to him this is a massive hole you are leaving open for exploitation, they said well you have to pay for tracking. Here in the Uk tracking is around £9 the item was £8 makes sense right? I asked the customer to politely let me know if it gets there, so we can clear this all up. Never heard from them again. *blacklisted* it was expected.

Some people just love to scam others. Paypal always sides with the buyer and in your case there is no buyer so nothing here, unless they agree to sending you the money back I can't see what you are going to do about it. Let us know what happened.

amiibocards, Oct 10, 2019 IP
  15. William J Syvarth

William J Syvarth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I got scammed by Kenny Davis ( Kennypiff on reditt ) I was looking to buy me some doge coin $50 dollars worth. (crypto currency) He had asked me to send it as "Friends and Family" That's where my troubles began. In short. I never got my Doge. Since I sent it as F&F I was not able to dispute it. PayPal sided with him right away. I lost. I told Reddit about it. They told me that he was banned but he was still able to PM members, and has scammned other members as well. I called my credit card company, and they told me that there was nothing they could do for me. I was not able to do a charge back or anything. So, I am out 50 dollars plus fees. Almost $55 in total. I contacted PayPal and ask them if I was able to get some more details on him so that I may seek legal actions against him. I will be adding a post in Reddit to find other that have been scammed by him. Maybe I might get lucky enough to file a class action lawsuit against this scum. As of now, all I have is his PayPal email address. Any help or ideas? My biggest worry is that PayPal will not release any info on this jerk. Thanks all. Bill

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    William J Syvarth, Mar 10, 2021 IP
  16. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Why didn't that raise any red flags with you? Honestly, it seems that some people just ask to get taken.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 10, 2021 IP
  17. William J Syvarth

William J Syvarth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It was my first time buying as friends and family. I have received money many times as friends working as a bellman...This was my first time as a buyer. I was not looking to be "Taken" Thank you!

William J Syvarth, Mar 10, 2021 IP
  18. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that your avatar is just perfect for you, I suggest that you keep it.;)

Spoiltdiva, Mar 10, 2021 IP