1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Armchair Dining on DP

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Hey...you don't think that maybe, just maybe, this has a slight tinge of con to it? :confused:

Spoiltdiva, Mar 7, 2021 IP
    mmerlinn and jrbiz like this.
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    We had to stop the production lines for the Anti-Calorie Tinfoil Hats and the No Effort Exercise Tinfoil Hats due to some rare minerals shortages caused by the lockdowns. I had my own personal inventory of these hats, but I was reluctant to take part in any lockdown hoarding, so I let them be sold to a few desperate souls. So, I have been dieting the hard way as a personal sacrifice to support the greater good.

jrbiz, Mar 7, 2021 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    It's so refreshing to see a multi billionaire give back the way you do. Bill Gates....eat your heart out!

Spoiltdiva, Mar 7, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, it has been decided that a chocolate chip cookie pie is on the agenda for this weekend. We get it at a small, nearby grocery store and it is basically a giant chocolate chip cookie that has a rich chocolate fudge frosting with M&M's sprinkled on top. It is a chocolate lover's delight and below is very close to what a slice of it looks like:

chocolatefudgecookiepiesquare2-min.jpg

jrbiz, Mar 18, 2021 IP
  5. uday_yadav2

uday_yadav2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aalu Paratha is one of most famous food and I hope you all will like the tast of this food. Here is image of aalu paratha

We can have aalu paratha with chatany, pickle and curd. This is the best food for morning.

[​IMG]

uday_yadav2, Apr 2, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I absolutely love paratha bread, having first been exposed to it decades ago at an Indian restaurant in London! Great picture above. I can taste it!

jrbiz, Apr 2, 2021 IP
  7. uday_yadav2

Best Answers:
    Good to hear that you love Paratha. In India, we have different types of paratha few of them are:
    - Aalu paratha
    - Methi Paratha
    - Gobi paratha
    - Muli Paratha
    - Simple paratha
    Here some pictures of those paratha (Try to test different paratha if you get a change to visit Indian restaurant, I am sure you will love them)

Aalu paratha
    [​IMG]

Methi Paratha
    [​IMG]

Gobi paratha
    [​IMG]

Muli Paratha
    [​IMG]

Simple paratha
    [​IMG]

uday_yadav2, Apr 2, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Great pictures! Perhaps you can help me figure out the exact one I had that time in London. I recall it being thick, similar to the Muli Paratha you show above but it was just really buttery with no other filling. Perhaps it was the Simple Paratha stacked up? I have tried to find that same paratha here in the U.S., but have not had much success. We have a big Indian grocery store and I bought some frozen Paratha that looked the same as what I had, but, sadly, it did not taste the same.

jrbiz, Apr 3, 2021 IP
  9. uday_yadav2

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sharing your thought / view that you have.
    We should eat paratha after cooking (packed paratha or readymade paratha will not have real test) So always try to eat paratha which is just prepared and hot.

I think you had simple Paratah. I am sure you will love Aalu paratha as well. Try to find out Indian restaurant and I am sure you will find Aalu Paratha

uday_yadav2, Apr 3, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    We interrupt your regular programming for a major update in the Oreo cookie world. You may recall in previous posts, I have sung the praises of what is likely my favorite cookie, the White Fudge Oreo that only comes out for a few weeks around the holidays: oreowhitechocolate..jpeg
    Well, lo and behold, look what I was just able to purchase this month:

oreothinsbiteswhite.jpg

Note that this is NOT the same cookie. The originals above are full-sized oreo cookies covered in white fudge. The new package contains the smaller (size of a quarter) cookie that is often offered in snack packs that is then covered in white fudge. Still very, very good, but not quite as good as its larger cousins.

jrbiz, May 20, 2021 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    There is an ugly rumor circulating that you have now become too cheap to give out any likes. Therefore the prior incentive to post on this thread has now been removed. :rolleyes:

Good luck in future trying to entice anyone to post. :cool:

Spoiltdiva, May 20, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I know, I know. It has been a while since I have been able to Like any post. No idea as to when it might be fixed, either. :eek:

jrbiz, May 20, 2021 IP
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Unbeknownst to you, I purchased your Gives You Some Pull Model tinfoil hat. It arrived only the other day. I put the thing on and started the wheel turning and presto! Question is why didn't you use your own hat? I am beginning to suspect that you are an eccentric, mad scientist type. They say Albert Einstein never applied his own theories into his personal life either. :(

Keeping on topic, I've been baking and eating apple pies as of late. Added more cinnamon to the recipe, very good!

Spoiltdiva, Jun 22, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  14. 1234nasir

1234nasir Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great discussion on this Dinning Room.
    Love to eat a lot of them and found delicious most of them. Good sharings.
    Best of luck to all contributors.

1234nasir, Jun 22, 2021 IP
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Have you been talking to my lab assistant, Igor? He has accused me at times of being an anti-Hatter but it is all nonsense, all nonsense, I say!

Tell me about the crust. Made from scratch? Thin or thick crust? When it comes to pies, I am all about the crust. Filling is secondary. :)

jrbiz, Jun 22, 2021 IP
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your kind words. How about posting a picture of one of your favorite foods?

jrbiz, Jun 22, 2021 IP
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Thin crust, my secret is adding egg whites and corn starch to the mix...flaky.

jrbiz likes this.
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds good. How do you have your pie: straight up, with ice cream, with whipped cream, with cheddar cheese? I am a pie and whipped cream person, myself.

jrbiz, Jun 22, 2021 IP
  19. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Moderation is the key. One small piece with nothing on it. My other favorite snack is frozen vanilla yogurt. In fact I am going to have some as soon as I log off.:)

jrbiz likes this.
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    A local grocery store chain (small, maybe 3 or 4 total stores) has been making a chocolate layer cake with a whipped cream frosting and crushed Oreo cookies sprinkled on top. Looks at lot like this:

chocolatecakewhippedcreamoreo-sm1.jpg

The picture is showing shaved chocolate on top instead of the crushed Oreo's but either option is excellent! Been enjoying them all summer long.

jrbiz, Sep 9, 2021 IP