1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog Doubt

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by arjunlion, Feb 20, 2021.

Hello Everyone,

Very recently I have started blogger and every day I'm posting new content on my blog.

My question is

How long it will take the google search engine to notice my blog?

Thanks,

arjunlion, Feb 20, 2021 IP
  2. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well you do have to build links to it..

Oso Optimized, Feb 20, 2021 IP
  3. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sign up to Google Search Console and add a new property (your blog) to it. OR submit your website to Search Console. It is the fastest way to index your blog or website to Google. Build links to your blog (find niche blogs, niche sites, for a different purpose to build links to your website or blogs). The higher the quality of the website you link to, the higher the chances of getting ranked and crawling of webpages.

Sumit_Singh, Feb 21, 2021 IP
  4. arjunlion

arjunlion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Oso Optimized!!

arjunlion, Feb 25, 2021 IP
  5. arjunlion

Best Answers:
    Thank you, Mr. Singh!!

I have another question regarding the blog post.

Right now I am giving a present date for all my posts. but, I want to know before posting in a blog do we need to set the date in the past, let say 2 months back. So, that post becomes older to make google crawl in their index. I'll be waiting for your answer.

Thank you

arjunlion, Feb 25, 2021 IP
  6. Sumit_Singh

Best Answers:
    Hi Arjunlion
    A nice question that most people think if they manipulate the dates they will rank higher on SERP but Search Engines don't work in that way. Search Engine like Google love the fresh content and the SE crawlers search for new, fresh content on the newly made or newly updated webpages for indexing. You can manipulate people by editing the dates of the articles but you can't trick Search Engines. Search Engines are smart enough to find what content is older and what is new. Basically, Search Engines don't really care about the dates. If you change the date of your blog posts or articles then it is a good practice to trick your readers to get more clicks but if you are doing it for the search engines then you're are on wrong track.
    Search Engines only consider the date of indexing when your blog post content is indexed by the SEs. So, changing the date to the past (2 months back or 3 months back) doesn't mean your content is indexed 2 months before.
    Does it affect your SEO?
    Yes, it can affect your SEO if you change the date in the sitemap file (<lastmod>). If you change this date then it may cause no indexing of your content or your content won't be read by the crawlers. So, try not to change the date for the crawlers but you can do it for your readers to make changes in your old content and make it fresh for your users instead of creating a whole new content for updating the old content.

Sumit_Singh, Feb 26, 2021 IP
  7. Sumit_Singh

Best Answers:
    It is not the right forum and thread to promote your content, I guess.

Sumit_Singh, Feb 26, 2021 IP
  8. arjunlion

Best Answers:
    A good explanation indeed.
    I am grateful for your support.
    Thank you, Mr. Singh!!

arjunlion, Feb 26, 2021 IP
  9. Sumit_Singh

Best Answers:
    Glad to know. ;)