1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internal links building question

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Chris.seo, Feb 14, 2021.

Hello,

I have one question I couldn't find answer to:

Can a page lose seo juice/drop in ranking from internal links?

I have some pages that are ranking pretty well, but I am afraid they may drop positions if I place links to other pages on my website.

Thanks.

Chris.seo, Feb 14, 2021 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Feb 14, 2021 IP
  3. Chris.seo

Chris.seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I checked this and a few others guides, but there is no exact answer to this specific question..

4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    But it does. The article never says anything about pages being negatively affected by internal links. If it was the case it would say so. But... if you are not sure, don't do it. Ultimately, it's some algorithm that determines rankings. I wouldn't trust that thing with anything. On top of that, the algorithm is being updated on a daily basis, what's true today may not be true tomorrow.

qwikad.com, Feb 14, 2021 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Google's emphasis these days seems to be "consider the human". Will the internal links make sense to a human visitor?

sarahk, Feb 14, 2021 IP
  6. Chris.seo

Chris.seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Sarahk,

Yes, the links will make sense to the customers. The links will link different service pages, content will be related.

7. dabbu347

dabbu347 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my website does not have any internal linking, can I do it afterwards i.e. after publishing posts and then updating all posts which contains internal links.
    Thanks in advance

dabbu347, Feb 24, 2021 IP
  8. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The answer to your question is in this answer you gave above. Internal links are used for navigational purposes for both Users and Crawlers. As the link is on your website to another webpage within the website so how can it affect your ranking.
    Let's understand it in another way, the links on the header section in the menu bar footer links on the webpages are also the internal links. And, these won't affect your SEO but don't spam to add irrelevant links to mislead the users as well crawlers.

Sumit_Singh, Feb 25, 2021 IP
  9. Sumit_Singh

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can do it afterwards but make sure not to change the keywords in the content and the whole content to the new one. If you change the keywords then you need to rank for the particular keywords again by following the same process. Slight changes in the content won't hurt your SEO because sometimes we need to make some changes in the content to make it up-to-date.

Sumit_Singh, Feb 25, 2021 IP
  10. hakim homsy

hakim homsy Peon

Best Answers:
    hello sumit_singh
    Please, I have one question.
    If you took a backlink from a profile of a site, for example. However, this profile is not archived by Google (When you google it, you can't find it) Is this backlink useful?
    Knowing that it may be visible on ahrefs

hakim homsy, Feb 28, 2021 IP
  11. Sumit_Singh

Best Answers:
    Well, it depends on the value of the webpage you are linking with.
    What actually a NoArchive tag does?
    It is one of the meta robots tags that is used not to tell Google not to store the cache copy of your webpage. There are many people who don't want to show their old pages to their users (reasons are many). No archive tag doesn't affect your rankings, it is confirmed by John Mueller (Senior Webmaster Trends Analyst at Google).
    Is linking to no archived page good or bad?
    As I have mentioned above it has nothing to do with indexing and ranking. It only means the cached version of your webpage isn't available but that page is existing and indexed. So, if you are linking to the same webpage (that consists the no archive tag) then that link is beneficial to you if that webpage is from your niche, relevant to the webpage you are linking to.

Sumit_Singh, Feb 28, 2021 IP
  12. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should focus more on backlinks from other websites than touching a well ranking blog post. Better to squeeze as much money from the well ranking blog posts than experimenting with them.

jaguar34, Mar 8, 2021 IP
  13. Beckeren

Beckeren Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it will decrease your rankings of already ranked pages but you should not overdo it. Adding 2-3 links should be absolutely fine.

Beckeren, Mar 26, 2021 IP
  14. m_wc

m_wc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will definitely mark low in google if you link spammy sites but If you link high authority websites as the external link that could help your websites. The ranking doesn't depend only on this single factor it depends on how low is your bounce rate as well so better not to give your visitors an easy way out by providing them external links in your content to leave your website.

m_wc, Mar 27, 2021 IP
  15. Sarbjit Grewal

Sarbjit Grewal Peon

Best Answers:
    A relevant count of internal links never affect your website ranking, all you need is to link the pages with each other just to make easy navigation within the website.

Sarbjit Grewal, Mar 30, 2021 IP
  16. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    I would say no if they are used properly. Internal links can also be valuable for the SEO process, as they can have an impact on good user experience and help them navigate through the site easily. You just need to take care to use them only in situations when they really make sense and not to overload the content with them.

VortexAlpha, Jan 17, 2022 IP